Horrible Ideas That You Could Actually See Making It Into Indy 5

Indy's brother

Wouldn't blame you a bit for putting up a mental block over that one. I couldn't believe that with all the talent and wit at their disposal they went with a sight-gag that's not only been been done to death, but also resurrected as a zombie, shot in the head, sewn back together and re-reanimated with the brain of Bob Sagget and aired "Groundhog Day" style, ad infinitum on re-runs of America's Funniest Home Videos to this day and beyond.

Talking squirels have taken the control of the earth. Indy will have to learn their language and sing rap songs (thanks to Mutt's son) in a squirel disguise to infiltrate their army.

Kernunnos

Mac and a Gray Alien take Indy and Mutt to Mars in a spaceship, to search for an alien McGuffin.

The entire film is shot against a CGI background. Mutt steals all the action, Indy tries to get involved but always ends up backing out and saying "I'm getting a little old for this" then smiles proudly at Mutt kicking the bad guys arses.

At the end, after they've returned home to Earth, Marion has a go at them for missing dinner and makes a crappy joke about 'you boys and your adventures'. Indy then winks at a grinning Mutt who gets horribly freeze-framed as the credits go up.

Last edited:

Raiders90

Mutt gets the Marcus treatment and is turned into a Fonzie-like, goofy character; Marion acts like a stereotypical 1950s Housewife, and a grumpy, wrinkled and old Indiana threatens to send her through the moon. And, in a twist of irony, their adventure takes them there--to the moon on a wild, wacky adventure featuring a cameo by Roger Moore.

Indiana Jones and the Far Side of the Moon, set in 1969.

Indy's brother

Sean returns, and upon Indy's death, he turns to Henry Jones III and says, "Mutt, you're the man now, dog!" and places the fedora on Mutt's head. Cue credits.

Henry W Jones

The worst thing that could happen in Indy 5 is a re-boot. Beyond that I just hope if they do another it's good. While we are coming up with bad ideas, hopefully Lucas is coming up with some good ones. (y)

Indy's brother

Halfway through (or less), Indy gets injured and instructs Mutt to finish the quest.
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Edit: Mutt finishes the quest regardless of Indy's ability, hell that could even be worse.

Henry W Jones

Indy's brother said:
Halfway through (or less), Indy gets injured and instructs Mutt to finish the quest.
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Edit: Mutt finishes the quest regardless of Indy's ability, hell that could even be worse.

Indy could meet him at the end at the Grand Canyon in his Hoover Round.

The Fridge

Bermuda Triangle

Indy lives in Germany and teaches in Leipzig. He gets a call fom a old friend, claiming Mutt's plane got lost during a flight north of the carribbean sea when travelling to a harley meet up. Indy takes the next fligth to bermuda and forgets to take his wife with him. During his flight above bermuda, they get a strange sensation. It looks like a tunnel of light. O dear! All the sudden they find themselves in a cave under the berumda triangle! But what now? Exploring the cave, Indy finds Mutt's Harley, which Mutt had (again) on this plane. But hey... the Harley is not just a bike! It's a machine to travel trough time and space! What a McGuffin! Who would have guessed - And we find out that Mutt is not really Mutt, he's Indys father who travelled back in time to relive his life once more and save Indy in case he gets into danger. This is, when all the sudden Henry appears from behind a rock and there we have the heartwarming Connery cameo. Mutt is history and we have to get back to the surface. How can that be done? It's simple. Indy, remembering his experience with the crystal skull, mentally concentrates on his wife. They start the bike.. jump on and just before starting, he mentaly connects to her back in Leipzig. ZoooommWraaaang... there they stand, father, son and wife in the Jonse's kitchen. Whoaa, what a hello! And then, we see the three of them ride into the sunrise (!) when the raiders theme cheers us up.

There you have it.

Dr Bones

I know it may be a bad idea but I'd like the macguffin to be the ark again!

The Grail was great but has been lost, the Sankara stones, meh, and the skull which was the weakest macguffin is gone also.

So.....The 50's a time of nuclear paranoia and posturing..the Russians have already walked into area 51 looking for the Roswell alien and serendipity presents them with the ark!

Previoulsy unkown to us the Russian soldiers (without Spalko's knowlledge) take the ark as spoils of war, not knowing it was more than a gold box.

A race against apocalyptic evil ensues, we see Indy learn more about the ark as the Reds try to turn it into a WMD!

The end could have the opened ark destroying all the world's nukes.

Sallah says "The power to destroy the Earth is not at the whim of mankind"

US government suit guy tells the president " Sir, all our nukes are....gone!"

President "I know son, but the Russians don't have to know that do they?"

A similar scene plays out in Russia and essentially the rest of the cold war was in reality nothing more than toothless posturing!

Sallah comes back, Marion and heck throw in the son of Belloch or Toht!

Indy saves the wolrd from WWIII.

Last edited:

IndyJones5183

Dr Bones said:
I know it may be a bad idea but I'd like the macguffin to be the ark again!

The Grail was great but has been lost, the Sankara stones, meh, and the skull which was the weakest macguffin and is gone also.

So.....The 50's a time of nuclear paranoia and posturing..the Russians have already walked into area 51 looking for the Roswell alien and serendipity presents them with the ark!

Previoulsy unkown to us the Russian soldiers (without Spalko's knowledge) thinking it's just possibly a valuable a gold box take it as spoils of war after Indy escapes and due to the carnage nobody misses it until the post clean up inventory is complete.

Then a cold war race against evil ensues with Indy trying to retrieve the ark, learn more about it whilst the Reds try to work out how to use it as a WMD!

Sallah comes back, Marion and heck throw in the son of Belloch or Toht!

I love that idea I could see hat for an Indy movie(y) :D

Raiders90

Dr Bones said:
Thanks, you replied before my edit...darn my old PC! LOL ;)

Essentially Indy prevents WWIII ! :D

It'd make up for him NOT preventing, and even unwittingly enabling, WWII.