Indy 5 news 2012

Henry W Jones

IndyForever said:
You know that was a joke from Lucas right???

Indy5 is obviously the last movie Harrison's age will make that obvious to anyone he can just about get away with it in the next few years which is how long it will take to happen. Best case scenario is filming in late 2013 early 2014 anyway !!!!

You could argue he was a bit old in the last one as many do and waiting another year or two will only make it harder to make it convincing.

On another note there are a ton of supposed interviews with Lucas all over the net right now (I will post a link when I get to a actual computer) saying he is retiring from blockbusters after Redtails. That means no more Indy. :( Says he is sick of Hollywood politics and all the criticism he's got for SW. There are tons of site claiming this and I got a Facebook link to it as well. Maybe he'll do smaller films and we'll see some "Indie" flicks and not "Indy" flicks ;)

Montana Smith

Henry W Jones said:
On another note there are a ton of supposed interviews with Lucas all over the net right now ... saying he is retiring from blockbusters after Redtails. That means no more Indy. :(

I think he made Indy 5 an exception to his rule.

Which is either good or bad news depending where you stand. ;)

Silvor

Henry W Jones said:
You could argue he was a bit old in the last one as many do and waiting another year or two will only make it harder to make it convincing.

On another note there are a ton of supposed interviews with Lucas all over the net right now (I will post a link when I get to a actual computer) saying he is retiring from blockbusters after Redtails. That means no more Indy. :( Says he is sick of Hollywood politics and all the criticism he's got for SW. There are tons of site claiming this and I got a Facebook link to it as well. Maybe he'll do smaller films and we'll see some "Indie" flicks and not "Indy" flicks ;)
Actually, everywhere I've read excerpts from that interview they also mention that Lucas says that Indy 5 is an exception to the retirement rule.
Sounds promising to me.

Henry W Jones

Silvor said:
Actually, everywhere I've read excerpts from that interview they also mention that Lucas says that Indy 5 is an exception to the retirement rule.
Sounds promising to me.

That's good to hear. That tidbit was left out were I read it.

Good old zombie George - not content with the horror he's inflicted so far, he'll wait till we're finally approaching closure and then suddenly rear up out the grave and wobble his putrified necks at us. "Because it's fun."

replican't said:
The horror.

But you loved Crystal Skull so much...:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by replican't
I really like the new Indiana Jones film.
There are LOTS of moments scattered throughout the film that shine like jewels in the night...Genius. Little touches like that are the ones I hang my hat on with happiness.
I'm one of those who loves the film and doesn't give a toss about the cgi.

No Comment?

Thanks to Poet...:hat:

Montana Smith said:
Dr. Eldon Tyrell wasn't perfect. The Nexus-6 was a free thinker. When realization hits, there's no going back.

We do tend to think others are like ourselves...however Count Can't Do's words are few.

...on this subject.

It really is an amazing transformation...like a deaths head moth sprouting wings.

Like changing socks.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
We do tend to think others are like ourselves...however Count Can't Do's words are few.

...on this subject.

It really is an amazing transformation...like a deaths head moth sprouting wings.

Like changing socks.

And your bad feeling today...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
July 2012 Empire Magazine:
Lucas: "I'm moving away from the company, I'm moving away from all my businesses, I'm finishing all my obligations and I'm going to retire to my garage with my saw and hammer and build hobby movies. I've always wanted to make movies that were more experimental in nature, and not have to worry about them showing in movie theatres."
empire-magazine-slate-robert-de-niro-george-lucas-spreads.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
Now..where did we put the keys to this place. Finn? Didn't you have them last?

Morty? How much money is left in the Jukebox? Should we let the patrons play the songs out...I think the last one is "When the music's over, turn out the lights" by the Doors...

Professor? You and I need to stumble out, like this:
http://indyville.fi/kuvat/hd/kam/281.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
Now..where did we put the keys to this place. Finn? Didn't you have them last?

Morty? How much money is left in the Jukebox? Should we let the patrons play the songs out...I think the last one is "When the music's over, turn out the lights" by the Doors...

I guess I better finish my drink, and find a place to play, "Oh show me the way to the next whisky bar."

Don't ask why.

Which bar is closest to The Raven?
Am I gonna have to pay off my tab now?

Grizzlor

Lucas has already said all of these things. He's also said he's trying to do Indy 5, but as I've said for the last 2 years, I really doubt it. It just seems like he is too scared of the backlash.

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Professor? You and I need to stumble out, like this:

But you always stumble out like that after a day in this place.

Think you might be able to stay sober on the last day so you can gallop off into the sunset TLC style?

Dr. Gonzo said:
Which bar is closest to The Raven?

There's really not another decent bar in stumbling distance. :(