Star Trek or Star Wars?

Star Trek or Star Wars: Which Do You Like Best?

• Star Trek

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • I couldn't decide between the two

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Indyologist

Which series do you like better, Star Trek or Star Wars? Why? What do you like about the series you voted for? What DON'T you like about the one you didn't vote for?

How big a fan are you of the series that got your vote?

If you couldn't make up your mind between the two, why not?

Thanks for participating.

IndyBuff

Definately Star Wars for me. I grew up with those films and I've always liked them. I remember seeing Episode IV (my personal favorite of the series) for the first time and then watching the other two films. I was instantly a big fan and I still have a whole tub full of the old action figures. The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are both great films too and I still like to watch them frequently. I thought Episode III was pretty good but I thought both I and II were pretty mediocre. They have their bright spots but I still prefer the original films.

I don't mind Star Trek, especially the old television series and some of the films. I think there are enjoyable aspects of both series but I prefer Star Wars.

Overall, Indiana Jones still beats them all.:whip:

Well, I really dug Star Wars..... Empire was really good until they dropped the lamest cliché ever filmed with that "I Am Your Father" bullskite.... Jedi was nothing but a bunch of FN Muppets.... and the less said about the new 3, the better.....

Star Trek 1, 2, 3, 4, and even chunks of 6 are movies I will watch over and over.... The Original Series has been with me my whole life.... and I enjoyed about 1 and a half seasons worth of TNG episodes quite a bit..... But the franchise should have passed when Gene died.... DS9, Voyagenerd, and Enterprise were utter garbage....

Neither one can hold a candle to 98% of the new Battlestar Galactica series.....

Take from this what you will

Joe Brody

Abe Vayoda said:
Now, where is Joe Brody and Qwerty? :p

[In my best dripping-with-contempt Toht voice]

You Indyfans are all the same, always revealing yourselves as closet Star Wars fans at every opportunity. . . .

[wipes brow]

. . . and I won't even touch the Star Trek except to second this:

roto13 said:
Where's "none of the above"?

IAdventurer01

A few years back I would have said Trek, but now I voted for Star Wars. It was close between the two before, but their most recent series just left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Star Wars first trilogy (A New Hope-The Empire Strikes Back-The Return of the Jedi). Second trilogy sucks, Star Trak is far more better than it:whip:

Cammy

Star Wars for me. I used to watch Voyager on TV and loved it but when I bought it on DVD, it didn't have the same impact. Star Wars though is timeless and a classic. I like Deep Space Nine though, it's not a bad show. But I grew up loving Star Wars, and well, Han Solo is just so cool! :)

Indyologist

Yeah, I know this was kind of a tough poll, but I really want to get to the bottom of which series fans here at the Raven like best.

Star Wars has great special effects and a strong "hero" and "fairy tale" quality to it. All in all, a "fairy tale in space" is how Lucas refers to the SW series. I LOVE fairy tales. The enchantment, the possibilities and the magic that makes it all happen is there in full force and you just can't help but cheer at the end.

However, Star Trek also has great special effects (well, the movies and the newer TV shows did, anyway), but there isn't that charming, bubblegummy aftertaste to it. And thank God, thank GOD there isn't any Jar Jar Binks! What the bread-and-butter was Lucas thinking? Or smoking, for THAT matter? I do love Star Wars. It's a facinating series of films, but somehow it's just too Kool-Aide pop-culture for me to take it serious. And just because I love the Indy series doesn't mean I'm a GeorgeLucasite, know what I mean? I like what I like and loyalty doesn't always enter into the picture for me.

I know that Trek isn't exactly true to life either, but to me it was always Star Trek that had the drama and the meatier plots that I love and it also addressed issues relevant to humanity. There just seems to be more intrigue and it's more cerebral. It didn't just tickle your fantasy bone-- it also makes you think.

When the Next Generation series was on, I watched it religiously. Sure, it had its corny moments, but overall I just loved the drama and, especially, the oh-so-kick-your-butt-cool technology. Dag, I can't tell you how many times I wished I had a holodeck!!! I'll still go and rent the Star Wars films and they'll always be special to me, but I really think I like Star Trek better, personally.

NOTE: The other day I rented "Serenity," which is an AWESOME science fiction movie. I guess it inspired a cult following before the network jerks (whoever they were) yanked it off the air to the massive chagrin of millions of fans. I'm going to look into the series further, I think. I was SO impressed with the film that I was almost tempted to troll some Star Wars sites by posting "Long Live Serenity!" to every thread. No, I wouldn't do that, silly rabbit! :p It's the first sci-fi film I've seen that involves martial arts. Seriously, it's a really cool movie that would be worth your checking out.

C'mon and vote, people, if you haven't already!!!

roundshort

god, why do we have to talk about star bores?????? the three were neat, but Lucas has offically killed it, and star trek,

nuff said!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I prefer Star Wars, even though the saga has too many holes to ever be complete. Here's evidence Lucas was X-wingin' it from the start, in an interview with Alan Dean Foster, who ghost-wrote the Star Wars novelization: "At the time, nobody knew whether Vader's mask was fixed, whether he could breathe without it, or even if he was human (as opposed to being an alien, or a droid)."

I don't like Star Trek. But I admire Shatner's ability to stay hip and in demand as an actor at 75, moreso than Ford at 63.

IndySeven

Poll: Star Wars or Star Trek?

Disregard the previous thread with this title. Vote and discuss on this thread.

After having debates about Star Wars and Star Trek on a thread, I've decided to see what you guys think.

Is Star Wars better, or Star Trek?

Choose wisely!

:)

Star Wars is more enterprising.

Star Wars v's Star Trek. Round 15. Han Solo delivers a knockout blow to Captain Kirk's jaw. Kirk, dazed and confused, stumbles backwards, sweat and blood soaking through his V-neck sweater. " I give in to the might of Star Wars!" he screams. Han Solo smirks and steps out of the boxing ring - into the arms of his adoring Leia. Kirk, earnest and loyal, has his brow dabbed by his Vulcan boyfriend, Spock. " Captain, you have blood on your sweater", he says. " I know, my friend, but I suppose it was inevitable that I would take such a beating from the gargantuan Star Wars franchise". The End. ;) :eek:

metalinvader

Star Wars.Hands down.

I do like both but really why even compare?It's an age old argument.Apples and oranges....