Star Wars: Underworld

Indy Scout 117

ClintonHammond said:
"Enterprise was a much darker Star Trek than all the previous series"

Ya... and it EARNED being canned!
totally disagree.

anyway, i learned that Lucas is retiring after "Red Tails" comes out, so i guess hes out of this deal. i think they shouldve let Star Wars end a loooong time ago, so i cant really say i support this....(n)

oki9Sedo

Indy Scout 117 said:
totally disagree.

anyway, i learned that Lucas is retiring after "Red Tails" comes out, so i guess hes out of this deal. i think they shouldve let Star Wars end a loooong time ago, so i cant really say i support this....(n)

Where did you hear this? He's supposedly working away on Indy 5, isn't he?

Montana Smith said:
It sounds like George might complicate things again. I just want him to show the dark, dirty, seedy parts of the galaxy.

That's how I feel about Indy V. But for Star Wars, get ready for the mental deficients, (Jar Jar) scraping the seedy parts of the galaxy off the sole of their...what, feet?

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
That's how I feel about Indy V. But for Star Wars, get ready for the mental deficients, (Jar Jar) scraping the seedy parts of the galaxy off the sole of their...what, feet?

Jar Jar looks like a dopey, floppy-eared dog. Maybe he'll drag his arse all over the carpet of the universe that George built. That'll be dirty for sure.

oki9Sedo

Indy Scout 117 said:
lol actually i read it on facebook :p

Just read about it there. He's retiring from blockbuster film-making, but will make small experimental films. He's been talking about doing this for years, saying he's jealous of Francis Ford Coppola etc, so I'm glad to see he's finally getting to do it.

Montana Smith

oki9Sedo said:
Just read about it there. He's retiring from blockbuster film-making, but will make small experimental films. He's been talking about doing this for years, saying he's jealous of Francis Ford Coppola etc, so I'm glad to see he's finally getting to do it.

If only this were true, then Harrison could sleep easily at night without dreaming of the horrors Lucas has in store for him.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
McCallum interview:
I think he would do what he did on Young Indy. You hire the best directors, you create the best story you possibly can and then do everything you can to support them in the editorial process. Again, if George wanted to be known as one thing it would always be as an editor. That?s his dream and that?s the part he loves the most. I think I?ve said this before, but writing is so painful for him and he certainly knows there are a lot of you who don?t like his writing (laughs). But they?re his stories and that?s the way he does it, but it?s hard for him.

And directing isn?t the main focus of his life. He wants to gather all the material, but he?d really rather just go into the editing room and do that. The best thing about Young Indy was that it was like mail-order film making for him. He?d be editing and he?d call me up ? and I was always nine or ten hours ahead of him ? and say: ?I just need a wider shot of when he walks out in Shanghai.? But we were in France now (laughs). We?d finish in a location and then move straight on. So we did composite film making, where we?d do a hallway in Paris, the stairs in Prague, a ballroom in Moscow etc.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Netflix, pfft.
We're leveraging BAMTech to launch a Disney-branded DTC service in the latter part of 2019, streaming the latest Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars feature films in the first pay window. Our studio will also produce four or five future films a year exclusively for this service. We're also planning to produce a number of original series for the new service, and we're already developing a Star Wars live action series.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Iger speaks again:
On Lucasfilm question you asked and Benioff and Weiss, their interest was in creating a series of films that are Star Wars based. And we've actually been talking to them for a long time. To my knowledge, they didn't express interest in creating a series. But they have an idea about a number of films at some later date, I'm sure we'll disclose to all of you just what those are. They're focused on a point in time in the Star Wars mythology and taking it from there.

We are developing not just one, but a few Star Wars series, specifically for the Disney direct-to-consumer app. We've mentioned that and we're close to being able to reveal at least one of the entities that's developing that for us. But because the deal isn't completely closed, we can't be specific about that. But we are pleased with the level of interest among the creative community in creating not just Star Wars, but other series for this Disney app. And I think you'll find that the level of talent that will be on, if you call it, the television front will be rather significant as well.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Lucas may have once identified with Luke S., but these days...
I was allowed to go up to the ranch and read the scripts for the TV show. It was the most mind-blowing thing I?d ever experienced. I cared about the Emperor. They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this ****ing heartless woman. She?s this hardcore gangster, and she just totally destroyed him as a person. I almost cried while reading this. This is the Emperor, the lightning out of the fingers Emperor. That?s something magical. The writers who worked on that, guys from The Shield and 24, these were excellent writers.?