Sean Patrick Flanery

garzo

I was a big fan of the Young Indiana Jones series and was wondering if there has ever been any serious talk of big-screen Indiana Jones films with Sean Patrick Flanery as a not-so-young Indy. Wouldn't he be ideal to carry on the franchise?

indifan101

Here's some FYI on this actor's name. I almost got pretty excited when I heard this name because this is the name of a vietnam war veteran who had his diary published into a book. It's based off of the Dear America series. The new series for boys is My Name is America. Iv'e read this book and it put tears to my eyes. It's about a young man who fought in the Vietnam War and the siege of Khe Sahn during 1969. I would recomend this book to anyone. Truley and inspiration story.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I would like to see SPF take over... I want to see HF in Indy IV, but it'd be nice if they made more in the 20's and early 30's with SPF as Indy after Indy IV. And he's a babe....:eek:
Oh and.. Welcome to the Raven, Garzo!! :whip:

Junior Jones

indyfreak999 said:
how come there are 22 chapters but spf does 12 and corey carrier does 1 who does the rest:confused:

Corey Carrier portrayed Indy in 5 chapters (comprised of six episodes, one-and-a-half TV movies, and addition footage).
Sean Patrick Flannery did 17 chapters.
And Harrison Ford did 3. ;)

(I don't know why people keep saying that only Harrison Ford can play Indy.)

garzo

Violet Indy said:
I would like to see SPF take over... I want to see HF in Indy IV, but it'd be nice if they made more in the 20's and early 30's with SPF as Indy after Indy IV. And he's a babe....:eek:
Oh and.. Welcome to the Raven, Garzo!! :whip:

Thanks Violet Indy!

BrodyIsDead

Just look to the Dead Zone

If you watch SPF in the Dead Zone currently you can totally see a young Harrison Ford in his face - I never thought watching the Young Indy series that I could imagine him growing older looking like Harrison Ford, but I was so wrong - he could totally pull off a mid-1920s Indy now...

Let's hope Lucas has some sense and uses him in the film - it doesn't really matter that non-fans won't get the reference - if there's a young Indy flashback scene somewhere in it, he should use SPF!

Incidentally years ago after Last Crusade I also always though Dennis Quaid would make a good Harrison Ford replacement as Indy but SPF definitely would be better, given his involvment with the franchise already...

------------------------------

www.cgallan.blogspot.com

&

www.findthemissingreel.com

Alexandria

I always thought SPF could play Indy's son as well. Hmm. I don't think that ****SPOILER ALERT****

Shia lebouf really looks too much like Indy. I thought that SPF was great as long Indy. He kind of had that slanted grin, and charm about him.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
At first, I'll admit that I didn't see resemblence between HF and Shia, but now seeing him recently in "Transformers" trailer, he does resemble a young Harrison (but, better! :eek: ).

BTW, who does SPF play in the 'Dead Zone'? It used to be on TV in Australia but it isn't anymore.

Alexandria

Violet Indy said:
At first, I'll admit that I didn't see resemblence between HF and Shia, but now seeing him recently in "Transformers" trailer, he does resemble a young Harrison (but, better! :eek: ).

BTW, who does SPF play in the 'Dead Zone'? It used to be on TV in Australia but it isn't anymore.
I think it was the president of the United States that he played in "the dead zone".

Yvonne

Alexandria said:
I think it was the president of the United States that he played in "the dead zone".

I think he played the Vice President, but I'm not sure since I've only seen a few episodes of The Dead Zone.

As for SPF playing Indy, I think that would be awesome! He does resemble Indy more now than he did back then I think.

-yvonne

Montana Smith

Demon Hunter (2005). I'm not expecting much, but the DVD cover, coupled with the name Sean Patrick Flanery, made me think of Masks of Evil.

On the back there's a warning about "strong sex and nudity". As long as it's not SPF prancing around in his birthday suit, the movie might not be a total loss.

Demonhunterdvd2005.jpg

MasksOfEvil.jpg

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
On the back there's a warning about "strong sex and nudity". As long as it's not SPF prancing around in his birthday suit, the movie might not be a total loss.
I haven't seen "Boondock Saints II" yet but I believe there is a scene in it where The Flan Man is buck naked.:eek:

One movie I'm trying to track down is his pre-Young Indy film, "Powder". A friend told me that it's interesting. Has anyone here seen it?

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Saw it when it came out. It is actually very well done and better than the run of the mill teen angst/ outsider movie.