Jurassic World

Goonie

Jurassic Park 4 back in the news:
Johnston Talks JURASSIC PARK 4

"There is a great story for the fourth one that I would be interested in getting involved with and it's nothing like the first three," Johnston told the site, "It sort of takes the franchise off in a completely different direction, which is the only way I would want to get involved."

Maybe the start of another trilogy?

kongisking

Apparently Mr. Spielberg is gonna make a movie out of that upcoming (and totally awesome-sounding) Pirate Latitudes novel, which was Crichton's last finished novel before his tragic death :( . This sounds like Steven's way of paying his last respects to his dear friend and business partner (on ER, see), and I can't wait to see The Iceberg return to the Crichtonverse. :cool: (y) So perhaps JP4 isn't "extinct" yet?

Sorry...couldn't resist that pun up above...but hey, if Jeff Goldblum was allowed to use it, then so should I, right? :p :rolleyes:
Agent Crab said:
I heard rumours about the 4th JP for a very longtime now. Then again, the thrid one wasn't as great as the first one was.
Well, of course not! But it was a damn cool dinosaur flick in its own right, all the same! How can you not love a movie that is basically an hour-plus of nothing but dino-carnage?

Last edited by a moderator:

RedeemedChild

kongisking said:
Apparently Mr. Spielberg is gonna make a movie out of that upcoming (and totally awesome-sounding) Pirate Latitudes novel, which was Crichton's last finished novel before his tragic death :( . This sounds like Steven's way of paying his last respects to his dear friend and business partner (on ER, see), and I can't wait to see The Iceberg return to the Crichtonverse. :cool: (y) So perhaps JP4 isn't "extinct" yet?

Sorry...couldn't resist that pun up above...but hey, if Jeff Goldblum was allowed to use it, then so should I, right? :p :rolleyes:

Spielberg can't because that's what Disney is basing Pirates 4: On Stranger Tides on or is it? At lest that's what I read some where on the web.

Goonie

RedeemedChild said:
Spielberg can't because that's what Disney is basing Pirates 4: On Stranger Tides on or is it? At lest that's what I read some where on the web.

No. On Stranger Tides is a different book that has already been published. Pirate Latitudes is a new book that hasn't hit store shelves yet (sometime before Christmas).

RedeemedChild

Goonie said:
No. On Stranger Tides is a different book that has already been published. Pirate Latitudes is a new book that hasn't hit store shelves yet (sometime before Christmas).

Okay, thank you Goonie. Hopefully Disney will also make good on their promise to give us a bit of Atlantis in both National Treasure 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Goonie said:
Definitely fan-made. But cool though. Got Crichton's new book for Christmas. Looking forward to reading it.

Of course it's fanmade, and he made it. It's from the same channel he's been posting **** from all week. More poorly made nonsense. First that Arnold Schwarzenegger nonsense and now this.

Glad some liked it, and as for you ResidentAlien, I'm sorry if I pissed you off or something. It was not my intentions to do so...As for the Arnold and Stallone vids...I NOW know that there was a proper thread for those, and I'm sorry if I misled some...

and I'm sorry if you felt this video was "nonsense". I placed it in the right thread...it's a fan-made trailer, so what?!?!

I'm sorry, and I hope we can move on and be friends on the board.

Thanks to those who enjoyed it!

The Man

Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three?it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you.

Montana Smith

The Man said:

Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three—it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you.

This sounds very interesting - another three films breaking away from the original trilogy. This could mean all sorts of things:

A reboot? (a re-invention of the story)
Set in the future? (in space no one can hear you scream)
Set in the past? (the original lost world)

"It's going to be done in a completely different way." - does that mean completely CG?

Indy Brazil

The iconic film series is back, this time in comic book form

jurassic-park-redemption-20100323114655103.jpg

Today IDW is announcing a new entry in the Jurassic Park franchise. The publisher has reached a deal with Universal to produce Jurassic Park: Redemption, an ongoing series set in the film trilogy's universe. The first arc will be written by series co-editor Bob Schreck, with art by Nate Van Dyke. Redemption is set to debut this June. Joining Schreck and Van Dyke will be Tom Yeates, who will be doing covers.

It?s been 13 years since little Tim and Lex Murphy escaped from the island of Isla Nublar, and recent public opinion has reversed, with the world clamoring for authorities to re-open Jurassic Park! While Tim and Lex try to preserve the Hammond family name, a secret deal is hatched to open a new park! This time they?ll get it right? right?

http://comics.ign.com/articles/107/1079284p1.html

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/26/a-new-jurassic-park-sequel-coming-in-comic-book-form/

kongisking

Indy Brazil said:
jurassic-park-redemption-20100323114655103.jpg

It?s been 13 years since little Tim and Lex Murphy escaped from the island of Isla Nublar, and recent public opinion has reversed, with the world clamoring for authorities to re-open Jurassic Park! While Tim and Lex try to preserve the Hammond family name, a secret deal is hatched to open a new park! This time they?ll get it right? right?

http://comics.ign.com/articles/107/1079284p1.html

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/26/a-new-jurassic-park-sequel-coming-in-comic-book-form/

That's an awesome story idea! I'm sold on this!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The Sayles and Monahan script involved the retrieval of the shaving cream can in the first act. But could they substitute an Indy MacGuffin? Look closely at the topmost jewel in Belloq's breastplate...

IAdventurer01

That's all wrong! A friend of mine has been telling me for years the JP4 is going to involve an organization going to the island and training the dinosaurs tactics and how to use guns to build an army to take on the world. :rolleyes:

kongisking

IAdventurer01 said:
That's all wrong! A friend of mine has been telling me for years the JP4 is going to involve an organization going to the island and training the dinosaurs tactics and how to use guns to build an army to take on the world. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, that WAS a considered script, at one point.

Here's Drew McWeeny AKA Moriarty/Motion-Captured's review of the leaked script:

Insane, I know. Would it have been good? We'll never know. But it would have been unforgettable, that's for sure. Personally, I think that it could actually make for an awesome movie if done absolutely straight (as in, no tongue-in-cheek irreverent in-jokes), and if it made it absolutely clear to the audience that this was a new direction for Jurassic Park.

Goonie

I've been walking past the Jurassic Park toys often at TRU lately, and you know what? I'm up for another JP movie (y) . Surely they can give us a dose of dinos somewhere in there amongst all those comic book superhero movies that are getting released.

Indy's brother

kongisking said:
I think that it could actually make for an awesome movie if done absolutely straight (as in, no tongue-in-cheek irreverent in-jokes), and if it made it absolutely clear to the audience that this was a new direction for Jurassic Park.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. The only way I could see it is if it was billed as "From the makers of Jurassic Park" and done as a spin-off, but it couldn't have the JP name. Otherwise people would want the Jurassic Park they've already been privy to, no matter how you market it.

Regardless, I'd pass on it. Dinosaurs shooting machine guns? Makes surviving a nuke in a fridge seem....realistic. Using them as bloodthirsty war-horses, would work in some post-apocalyptic scenario, but with modern tanks, bombers, fighter jets, etc. it wouldn't be a military advantage in our world.