12 inch Medicom Mutt Williams

Deckard

Don't know if this was already brought up, but we saw Indy and Henry, and now it looks like they are going to be releasing Mutt as well.

w146829683.jpg

w146829676.jpg

looks kinds Corey Feldman-ish...just like the Hasbro 12'' Mutt looks very Christian Bale-ish......jeez, and i thought that it was Harrison Ford's likeness that gives em all problems:p

Crusade>Raiders

Of all the problems with Kingdom, Shia was probably one of the best parts(besides the fact that he was more important than Indy in the action scenes). That looks really good.

mfisher

I'd love to see good close-ups of the crystal skull that comes with this one too... been looking around and have yet to find any pics...

mfisher

Found some pics of this out of the box online... skull looks good... with a good repaint I think this head will look great.. not sure on the Russian bag.. looks kinda big.. cool stuff nonetheless..

6c0.jpg

6c0.jpg

6c0.jpg

tnswman

Medicom 12" Mutt

Ok, I got around to opening this figure at last and MAN, waht a very nice figure...The body and clothing work very well here. The accessories are spot on and over-all, I am VERY pleased!!
100_1559.jpg

100_1560.jpg

100_1563.jpg

100_1564.jpg

100_1567.jpg

100_1568.jpg

100_1571.jpg

100_1574.jpg

100_1575.jpg

100_1578.jpg

100_1579.jpg

100_1580.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb165

A little something for you MUTT haters :)
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/tnswman/100_1582.jpg
100_1583.jpg

100_1584.jpg

I'm not sure about the likeness yet..there are times when I look at it and it looks very much like shia..and other times when it is off a lot. Still a nice figure from a Great line

Nurhachi1991

Oh man that figure looks great! Looks just like Mutt I like that figure better than the KOTCS Indy. Only problem is it doesn't have the hat :(

Thanks for sharing pics Tnswman

Indy's Fist

Nice figure! However at $100 or so for him and the fact that I have both Hasbro versions I think I'll pass. I'm gonna get Toht instead.

Mr. Fusion

Nice shots, Tnswman. I got my Mutt today. It is a really nice figure. I think the likeness is really good. It might could use a repaint. My brother repainted the Hasbro Mutt and it looks a lot more like Shia, now.

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS47.jpg

Also, here's my Medicom Mutt with my WIP custom Medicom Indy.

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS59.jpg

I'm thinking of having Ben repaint Medi Mutt, too. I'll have to sleep on it.

BTW, the hands shown on Mutt in that picture are from the Medicom Indy.

tnswman

Indy's Fist said:
Nice figure! However at $100 or so for him and the fact that I have both Hasbro versions I think I'll pass. I'm gonna get Toht instead.

I think that once you get a medicom figure, you will leave the others behind. I HAte even messing with my SS figures because the Medicom are more fun and much more solid.

UIMJ

tnswman said:
I think that once you get a medicom figure, you will leave the others behind. I HAte even messing with my SS figures because the Medicom are more fun and much more solid.

Well said. Aside from the great look of the Sideshow toys, they are really cheap crap. It's the classic "reverse upper-tier" thing (like clothing in designer clothing stores. It's almost like carnival crap, but marketed as highly collectible.

I'll take the medicom body type over the Sideshow body type any day. I've also got that Mutt figure, but I don't display it. Actually, I only bought it because I landed it so cheap that it would've been foolish not to pick it up. It is a great fig though....

tnswman

UIMJ said:
Well said. Aside from the great look of the Sideshow toys, they are really cheap crap. It's the classic "reverse upper-tier" thing (like clothing in designer clothing stores. It's almost like carnival crap, but marketed as highly collectible.

I'll take the medicom body type over the Sideshow body type any day. I've also got that Mutt figure, but I don't display it. Actually, I only bought it because I landed it so cheap that it would've been foolish not to pick it up. It is a great fig though....

I have 2 of the SS Indy figures and they are both so loose that you can't pick them up without the limbs actually turning around backwards and such.

The appearance of Sideshow's workmanship is very good and they use materials that look very well. However, a Plastic whip that looks like a leather whip...Ain't a leather braided whip. Now, the Medicom whips are not works or art eather but some of the figure makers here are doing some darn top notch stuff.

Actually, I used to be VERY much against custom 12" figures until I weighed what Toys McCoy did with their Indy figure in the 90's ( using the real materials ) v.s. what SS does. Medicom is a good in-between and although the body's are a tad skinny, they are solid as heck. Not to mention that the sculpts actually look like the actors.

Don't get me wrong..I LOVE the SS Indy line. However, they are not the top quality productions that some of our guys here do. And the GORGEOUS sculpts are always ruined with the painting process.

The KOTCS Medicom figures are simply addictive!! I can't put my 2nd Indy down.

Mr. Fusion

I love my Sideshow Indy, but not right out of the box. My bro and I did a lot of work to our SS Indy figures to get to the quality we wanted.

I'm not going to mess with the Medicom Mutt, but Medicom (2nd) Indy is going to get a lot of work. Planning on repainting the head, hat and jacket.

I don't think Sideshow is crap, but it's quality is getting worse as the prices go up.