1999 VHS featurettes: A Look Inside

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I can't seem to find these on YouTube or anywhere, and the main site doesn't even have title images for all of them, as seen below. They're from the yellow and red box releases (fullscreen and widescreen) briefly called chapters 23-25 and about 10 minutes each. Not sure if they run befor or after the features.

look_inside.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Rollerball! Site updated with screenshot.
There's also the featurette from every YIJC videocassette.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvVPLgHbzCE

Here's what they had to say about Indy 4 15 years ago:
October 26, 1999
George Lucas: "Well, we've gotten a couple of scripts that we've worked out, and it's really a matter of getting Harrison and Steven to agree on a script. I'm not sure I'd give out the story at this point, but there, uh, we have a script, and it's all finished."
Steven Spielberg: "I really think that we intend to do a fourth one. I just don't want the fourth Indiana Jones film to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth. So I'm being a little more, and George and Harrison, we're all being a little more prejudicial about what the fourth movie will be like."

S. Dakota Jones

Moedred said:
I can't seem to find these on YouTube or anywhere, and the main site doesn't even have title images for all of them, as seen below. They're from the yellow and red box releases (fullscreen and widescreen) briefly called chapters 23-25 and about 10 minutes each. Not sure if they run befor or after the features.

look_inside.jpg

Weren't these played after the credits finished at the end of their respective movies on each VHS copy?

I remember wanting more BTS stuff when watching them lol.

Stoo

ROLLERBALL said:
That upload is actually someone else's video (whose Indy-related YouTube account was terminated some time ago for copyright infringement). This compilation is definitely a keeper so I downloaded the original one a few years ago. It's a keeper because I tried recording from my own VHS copies but they are laced with a very strong CopyGuard and my machine detected them as 'unrecordable'.:mad: (That was over 10 years ago, though.)

Thank G_d some people have preserved & shared them!(y) Here are other uploads with much better sound & colour than the compilation:
Raiders
Doom
Crusade

Moedred said:
Not sure if they run befor or after the features.
S. Dakota Jones said:
Weren't these played after the credits finished at the end of their respective movies on each VHS copy?
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure that they come after the movie. Can't check right now but there may also be a notice at the beginning of each cassette telling you to stick around for the bonus. (These aren't in the YouTube uploads.)
Moedred said:
Here's what they had to say about Indy 4 15 years ago:
Most likely even 16 years ago as I think that stuff was filmed in 1998. Steven also alludes to Indy 4 at the beginning of the "Crusade" bonus feature:

c.1998-99 Steven Spielberg:
"I really wanted Indiana Jones in - in the third and, what I thought was going to be, the final instalment of the Indiana Jones series?"

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Stoo said:
Here are other uploads with much better sound & colour
Thanks Stoo! Fixed.

There are plenty of cassettes rotting away in used book and record stores, but it's not easy to find a widescreen set. So I borrowed an image from agent5 for an eventual "history of home video" page on the site.

1999-back.jpg