Am i the only one?????

Crusader88

Im just speaking my mind, but I really hated the Young Indy movies. They're just terrible. I'm sorry, but I can't stand them. They just aren't the real "Indy". Let me know if anyone agrees with me. Again, apologies to all of you who like them.

bob

Somehow what you are saying doesnt strike me as particularly controversial.....

To be honest though i have had enough of bashing YIJ for what they werent, they really werent that bad when viewed as stand alone dramas. And despite being a little patronising and flat they do conjure up a good sense of the era and the look of the era and we must understand how unique this series is.

I really think that we should come to a mature relationship with YIJ and approach them with an open mind rather than as Indy fans.

Webley

I think the Young Indy series are great. You get to learn why Indy and his dad are not on such good terms in LC, some history on mom and how she died, the people who inspired him to be an archeologist, and those who helped him be come the man he is by sharing their values on life, love, and war..... not to mention the history lessons (great for older kids to watch)

Indy 4 .....Indy + Remmy finally get Peacock's Eye!!?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Webley said:
Indy 4 .....Indy + Remmy finally get Peacock's Eye!!?
Unknown. It is believed by some, but not everyone, that the gem Indy is going after in Temple of Doom is the P.E., but I don't think we will ever know.

00Kevin

Indyfan
http://www.theraider.net/theraven/showthread.php?threadid=355
Jock posted: Indy finally finds the Peacock´s eye.

yeah, I remember that one...obviously they didn't intend that when they made ToD....or YIJC for that matter

if you wanna beleive it...you can....it's the kind of thing that you ask an official source and they casually say:

sure......
or
what?
or
uhhhhh
or
no, that was just intended to be an unknown artifact

and as for indy 4 being indy and remy...no way

remy seemed in his 20s or 30s in YIJC.....the only way we could do it is if we have a LC type film

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Check out <a href="http://www.theraider.net/theraven/showthread.php?threadid=3824">this thread</a> and my reply.

jamie

Unfortunately the series is hard to catch over here in Australia, so I have only seen one or two episodes, thought they were great. I've read all the book adaptations though, and I think all kids should read them. They make history entertaining.
jim

merancapeman

Hey man, your not alone. YIJ STINKS! I'm sorry, but they had no original idea. The actors stink, the plot stinks, and the whole thing is covered in moldy cheese. (E.G. Phantom Train. About a Phantom Train... How fun.)It's a classic stick in the mud because it has the casual, "Bang bang! I shot you!!!" "No you dinint!" "Yu-huuuh!!". I mean seriously! If you watch UHF and watch the "Rambo" makeup, you'll see how familiar it is...