Monopoly - Indiana Jones Edition

Abe Vayoda

Monopoly:
Indiana Jones Edition

Hey, about three years ago I started making a version of Indiana Jones Monopoly Style, in fact, I was completely finished. Because of a member here I was inspired to create an Indiana Jones Monopoly game, by his suggestions and ideas for board spaces, and the chance and community chest cards. Because of him I had everything designed and complete, the cards were printed, as was the money, and the board was designed. Most of my work was as photoshop design and work on the actual board. I am unsure if that member is still here but if he is, I hope he kept his notes. Unfortunately, I could not find anyone willing to print out my gameboard (for copywrite reasons). Because of this, I became disappointed and destroyed my work. Everything is gone. I tried searching for the old information on the forum, but apparently all the posts have been cleared since then. Now, I am trrying to do it again, this time DETERMINED to finish. I welcome ALL constructive criticism, and hope I can get some support here. Once I finish the game, I intend to make all my work available to all Raven users. However, since I lost much of my work, my memory is bad and I can't quite recall all that I had. And, I figure, this time I can make it even better. So, any ideas and criticism is welcome. Thanks to any help you guys can offer. I've always wanted an Indy monopoly game, so I hope you guys can offer some of your talent and expertise.
Things I still need to make it better than before:
Template for the gamebox, cards (deed and chance/community chest) game board. Including measurements and dimensions.

Rulebook: Grail Diary
Dice: Brown w/Gold inset dots
Houses - tents
Hotels - digsites

Chance becomes "Choose Wisely"
"Go Back 3 Spaces" becomes "The Ground Falls out from beneath your feet, move back 3 spaces"
"Advance token to the nearest Railroad and pay owner twice the rental to which he/she is otherwise entitled. If railroad is unowned, you may buy it from the Bank." becomes ""
"Advance to St. Charles Place if you pass go, collect $200" becomes ""
"Advance to Illinois Ave." becomes ""
"Take a walk on the Board Walk advance token to board walk" becomes ""
"Go directly to Jail Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200" becomes ""
"Pay Poor Tax of $15" becomes ""
"Bank Pays You Dividend of $50" becomes ""
"You Have been elected chairman of the board pay each player $50" becomes ""
"Your Building and Loan Matures Collect $150" becomes ""
"This Card May be Kept Until Needed, or sold Get Out of Jail Free" becomes ""
"Take a ride of the reading If You Pass Go Collect $200" becomes ""
"Advance Token To Nearest Utility If Unowned you may buy it from the Bank. If Owned, throw dice and pay owner a total ten times the amount thrown" becomes ""
"Advance to Go Collect $200" becomes ""
"Make General Repairs On All Your Property For Each House Pay $25 For Each Hotel $100" becomes ""
"Advance token to the nearest railroad and pay owner twice the rental to which he/she is otherwise entitled. If railroad is unowned, you may buy it from the bank." becomes ""

Community Chest becomes "Fortune and Glory"
"You are assessed for Street Repairs $40 per House $115 per Hotel" becomes "You are invistigated by the International Treaty for the Protection of Antiquities, pay $40 per tent $115 per digsite"
"From Sale of Stock You Get $45" becomes
"Income Tax Refund Collect $20" becomes
"Doctors Fee Pay $50" becomes
"Bank Error in Your Favor Collect $200" becomes
"You Have Won Second Prize in a Beauty Contest Collect $10" becomes
"Pay Hospital $100" becomes
"You Inherit $100" becomes
"Recieve for Services $25" becomes
"XMAS Fund Matures Collect $100" becomes
"Grand Opera Opening Collect $50 from Every Player for Opening Night Seats" becomes
"Life Insurance Matures Collect $100" becomes
"Pay School Tax of $150"becomes
"Get Out of Jail Free This Card May Be Kept Until Needed, Or Sold" becomes
"Advance To Go Collect $200" becomes
"Go to Jail Go Directly to Jail DO NOT PASS GO DO NOT COLLECT $200" becomes ""

Money - $500 - Steven Speilberg or Indiana Jones
$100 - George Lucas or Henry Jones Sr.
$50 - John Williams or Marion Ravenwood
$20 - Drew Struzan or Marcus Brody
$10 - (name of another important person who shaped the movies) or Sallah
$5 - (name of another important person who shaped the movies) or Willie Scott
$1 - (name of another important person who shaped the movies) or Short Round

Around the board:
Utilities:
Electric Company becomes "Ammunition Outpost"
Water Works becomes "Canteen Refill"

Railroads become:
Lao Che's Ford Trimotor
Pan Am Clipper
Flying Wing
Jock's Pontoon Plane
or The Zeppelin

"Go To Jail" becomes a picture of Toht pointing
"In Jail" becomes The Spike Room

Purple - "India"
Water Rapids
Mayapore Village

Light Blue - "Peru"
Chachapoyan Temple
Chapoyan Alter Room
Waterfall
Jungle

Pink - "Barnett College"
Lecture Hall
Indy's Classroom
Indy's Office

Orange - "Shanghai"
Club Obi Wan
Shanghai Streets
Nang Tao Airfield

Red - "Temple of Doom"
Spike Chamber
Thuggee Mine Tunnels
Rope Bride
Altar
Mola Ram's Chamber
Catacombs

Yellow - "Iskenderun"
Sultan's Palace
Grail Temple
Canyon of the Crescent Moon

Green - "Venice"
Boat Landing
Library
Catacombs
or Harbor

Blue - "U.S."
Donovan's Apartment
Indy's Home

Other locations could include: Cargo Ship (where to use?) Bantu Wind (where to use?)
"Austria"
Castle Brunwald
Baronial Room
Radio Room

"Germany"
Airfield
Nazi Rally

"Pankot Palace"
Pleasure Pavilion
Indy's Palace Suite
Palace Courtyard
Willies Palace Suite

"Cairo"
Sallahs House
Cairo Bazaar
Arab Bar
Imam's House
Cairo Docks
Omars Square

"Tanis"
Map Room
Excavation Digs
Well of the Souls

"Washington"
Warehouse
Conference Room

"Nepal"
Raven Bar

As I keep working, I'll keep adding to this, for now I open it to all of you for suggestions and comments. What I really look for are those clever Chance/Comm Chest card a previous member wrote.

Abe Vayoda

New Fortune and Glory cards:
"Pay School Tax of $150"becomes "Lao Che's try was nicer than you realized pay $150 for recovery"
"Get Out of Jail Free This Card May Be Kept Until Needed, Or Sold" becomes "You've found the fulcrum release lever, get out of the Spike Room Free. This Card May Be Kept Until Needed, Or Sold"

As well, here will be the money denominations (I'm leaning towards the movies shapers instead of the movie characters, though I intend to make both in case some Raven members would prefer the other)
$500 - Steven Speilberg or Indiana Jones
$100 - George Lucas or Henry Jones Sr.
$50 - John Williams or Marion Ravenwood
$20 - Drew Struzan or Marcus Brody
$10 - Philip Kaufman or Sallah
$5 - Ben Burtt or Willie Scott
$1 - Vic Armstrong or Short Round

Oh, and instead of Toht being the Go To Jail guy I think it makes more sense for it to be Mola Ram considering jail is now The Spike Chamber...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
You should work for Lucasfilm's merchandising department! :whip: It's sounding awesome! I would certainly buy an Indy Monopoly edition. Though, I personally am not a Monopoly fan. I would instead do a "Scene It" Indiana Jones edition. "Scene it" is lots more fun than "Trivial Pursuit" and "Monopoly."

Lon

You forgot the tokens! Unless I'm missing them in the posts somewhere.

The tokens would have to be artifacts.

Fertility Idol
Sankara Stone
Ark of the Covenent
Nurachi Urn
Cross of Coronado
Holy Grail

Indyologist

Abe, that sounds so amazing! You must post pics!
nod.gif

InVader

Attila the Professor said:
So anyone want to see just how close the one they actually produced ended up being to Abe's version?

Was that a request for someone that has it? or were you going to post a link? If the first, then sure, I can check it when I get back home today. Just from memory it seems like he got a couple of things spot on like fortune and glory cards.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
InVader said:
Was that a request for someone that has it? or were you going to post a link? If the first, then sure, I can check it when I get back home today. Just from memory it seems like he got a couple of things spot on like fortune and glory cards.

Just trying to spur on conversation. I own the game, but it isn't with me presently.

michael

Attila, do you happen to remember what they had in place for Park Place and Boardwalk in the Indy version?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
michael said:
Attila, do you happen to remember what they had in place for Park Place and Boardwalk in the Indy version?

After peering at one of the images on Montana's link, it appears that the $350 property is Chauchilla Cemetery, and the $400 is Akator Temple. One of those might be more defensible than the others...but the entirety of the Peru segment of the film is represented with those, so...

I'll see if I can find either a full property roster, or a photo large enough to really look at.

michael

Yeah I couldn't make it out too well, I would have never guessed those two though.

I wonder what the two lesser properties, Mediterranean and Baltic Ave. are...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The oranges are, in 180-180-200 order, Doom Town, Arnie's Diner, and Hanger 51.

Edit: Aha! Found an image!
monopoly_board.JPG

Going around the board, the colored property groups (according to the traditional Americna coloring):

Dark Purple:
Bridge
Temple of Doom

Light Blue:
South American Jungle
Idol Temple
The Raven

Light Purple:
Club Obi-Wan
Mayapore Village
Pankot Palace

Orange:
Doom Town
Arnie's Diner
Hangar 51

Red:
Tomb of Sir Richard
Brunwald Castle
Berlin Airport

Yellow:
Canyon of the Crescent Moon
Grail Temple
Chamber of the Holy Grail

Green:
Cairo Marketplace
The Map Room
The Well of Souls

Dark Blue:
Chauchilla Cemetery
Akator Temple

The Railroads:
Motorcycle
Bi-Plane
Horses
Flying Wing

Utilities:
The University
The Museum

Income Tax:
Trap

Luxury Tax:
Temple Guard

The four corners of the board are unchanged, as is always the case in official Monopoly boards. One of those Indy silhouettes replacing Chance and Community Chest is Fortune, and the other one is Glory. Based on the images Montana posted, and on the "Collect 50 from each player" card usually being a Community Chest card, Fortune is Chance (appropriately) and Glory is Community Chest. The idols are houses, and the arks are hotels. And, heck, just so everything exists on the Raven in words...

Tokens:
Fedora
Whip
Grail Diary
Mine Cart
Crystal Skull
Grail

Money Images:
$1 - Grail Tablet
$5 - Headpiece to the Staff of Ra
$10 - Sankara Stones
$20 - Chacopoyan Idol
$50 - Crystal Skull
$100 - Holy Grail
$500 - Ark of the Covenant

Last edited:

michael

aha! Awesome stuff, Attila, thank you!

The Dark Blues I don't agree with, but hey! It's just Monopoly right?