The Haters thread

monkey

Leiter said: "It's a movie for children, note Indy shoots no one, and theres no standard Indy swearing(damn doesn't count)."

And there is very important point indeed.

When, and WHY did Spielberg and Lucas turn Indiana Jones into an children's/adolescent's hero?

Jeezus H Kreist! Give the kids pokeymon, batman, the hulk ....and whatever else they need....

But for kreist's sake save Indiana Jones for the audience that ACTUALLY appreciates the character.

Oh yeah, I forgot, these are the folks who brought you Jar-Jar Binks, those little furry things, and that little green lizard-like freak with the light saber.

Anyway, where did my hard drinking, womanizing, Nazi fighting, adventurer-archaeologist in the 1930's go?

What rating did Crystal Skull have anyway? I didn't even notice. I don't think it was "R" though.......was it?

The Man

monkey said:
Leiter said: "It's a movie for children, note Indy shoots no one, and theres no standard Indy swearing(damn doesn't count)."

When, and WHY did Spielberg and Lucas turn Indiana Jones into an children's/adolescent's hero?

Jeezus H Kreist! Give the kids pokeymon, batman, the hulk ....and whatever else they need....

But for kreist's sake save Indiana Jones for the audience that ACTUALLY appreciates the character.

Oh yeah, I forgot, these are the folks who brought you Jar-Jar Binks, those little furry things, and that little green lizard-like freak with the light saber.

Anyway, where did my hard drinking, womanizing, Nazi fighting, adventurer-archaeologist in the 1930's go?

What rating did Crystal Skull have anyway? I didn't even notice. I don't think it was "R" though.......was it?

I vividly remember watching Crusade in the cinema and how universal the humour was, amusing all demographics there, both child and adult. Skull, however, was aimed at making babies giggle. Juvenile, embarrasing and fundamentally unfunny.

Nobody laughed. I'm serious - nobody...

MaxPhactor23

Leiter91 said:
...and really when I hear 'positive' reviews, it basically boils down to "It's good to have Indy back".

Isn’t that the ultimate truth? Nearly every review I’ve read includes numerous backhanded complements. Basically what they say is that they found things to be absolutely ridiculous…but Indy’s back so it’s okay! Well…is it really? Will it be okay ten years down the line? When the initial hype is over, will the film grow on people? I doubt it! If anything I see it growing away from people due to it’s numerous differences with the original trilogy. That blind enjoyment (sparked by the first Indiana Jones film in nearly 20 years) will cave way to a realization that it’s really not that great. It’s filled with more camp and corny elements. It’s riddled with implausibility even comparatively speaking to the former films. The plot’s incredibly tamed and immature and the new characters aren’t fleshed out whatsoever. The ultimate theme for the film is very far fetched and inappropriate for a so-called archeology based action hero. It's far more science-fiction based then it’s ever been Indiana Jones oriented. These flaws will come out with time and more people will see them. They’ve already begun to. They’ll finally open their eyes. Think of it as an old girlfriend returning. At first you’re blindly missing her obvious flaws, just happy to have her back in your life, but one day you look upon her and realize… she's such a b-itch. People will go back and roll their eyes at crystal skull. You’ll see!

EddyW

MaxPhactor23, my idea exactly, hidden behind the "Wow, Indy's back" lies a really lame film which would have been sabled down by the critics if the Orange to Yellow gradient logo haden't been attached to it. It's as if people are afraid to admit Indy IV is bad, because that would mean accepting we've been waiting for 19 years for nothing.

OmegaSeamaster

EddyW said:
MaxPhactor23, my idea exactly, hidden behind the "Wow, Indy's back" lies a really lame film which would have been sabled down by the critics if the Orange to Yellow gradient logo haden't been attached to it. It's as if people are afraid to admit Indy IV is bad, because that would mean accepting we've been waiting for 19 years for nothing.

I'd love to meet Spielberg. First I'd thank him profusely for all the great films he's done. Then I'd tell him I'm not about to give him a mulligan for "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

Harrison's career was on the skids, Lucas wouldn't let go of his lame alien idea....it's as if rather than shelve the project and let the character go out with dignity, he decided to just get it over with by releasing sub-par crap.

Notice how he dismissed himself from it from day one by saying, "I'm making this for the fans. The fans demanded another one." If that's not shifting the blame, I don't know what is.

Leiter91

monkey said:

"Knowledge was their treasure" OH MY GOD...I swear...at the end of the movie, I thought Harrison Ford would pop up and be like "Hi kids, Im Harrison Ford...Im an actor...beacuse Indiana Jones is only for pretend. I know there was alot of violence in this movie, but it's only pretend...in real life, violence never solves anything. I hoped you like the monkeys too. Those were also just pretend. Animals don't hurt people, so don't be tramatized by nightmares about monkeys attacking you and cause a lawsuit. You know what the greatest treasure of all is? It's not any golden idol, lost city, or a radio for speaking to god...It's Knowledge, and you obtain knowlege from reading. So go home and crack open a good book"

MaxPhactor23

Leiter91 said:
"Knowledge was their treasure" OH MY GOD...I swear...at the end of the movie, I thought Harrison Ford would pop up and be like "Hi kids, Im Harrison Ford...Im an actor...beacuse Indiana Jones is only for pretend. I know there was alot of violence in this movie, but it's only pretend...in real life, violence never solves anything. I hoped you like the monkeys too. Those were also just pretend. Animals don't hurt people, so don't be tramatized by nightmares about monkeys attacking you and cause a lawsuit. You know what the greatest treasure of all is? It's not any golden idol, lost city, or a radio for speaking to god...It's Knowledge, and you obtain knowlege from reading. So go home and crack open a good book"

....LMFAO! (y) You only forgot to add “But make sure all books you read are made and approved by Lucasfilm!”

The Man said:
Here's a real toughie: can any present 'hater' envisage a future time - even years from now - when they might warm to the movie?

If, at the gates of Heaven, an angel tells me that to gain entry I must sit through KOTCS every day for eternity, I may soften my views toward it.
But even then, it would be a tough decision.

The Man

herr gruber said:
If, at the gates of Heaven, an angel tells me that to gain entry I must sit through KOTCS every day for eternity, I may soften my views toward it.

For me, to warm to this movie would be to forgive many a sin and shortcoming. I can't see that happening soon...

I don't quite hate it, but I sure don't like it either...

MaxPhactor23

herr gruber said:

That's not heaven...that's hell!

Indyisreal

I have never in my life left the theatres so upset. EVER. Lucas, Spieldberg and Harrison owe the fans an apology for that abortion of a movie.

Silentrascal

The lovers and defenders of KOTCS may clearly have no problem with poor-to-bad filmmaking, so I guess our standards are a bit higher.

graz

Silentrascal said:
The lovers and defenders of KOTCS may clearly have no problem with poor-to-bad filmmaking, so I guess our standards are a bit higher.

Sorry, I shouldn't be on this thread really, but I just had to say that is the most hilariously pompous thing I've ever read.... (y)

Carry on...

Silentrascal

graz said:
Sorry, I shouldn't be on this thread really, but I just had to say that is the most hilariously pompous thing I've ever read.... (y)

Carry on...

But still....the truth hurts ya, doesn't it?

SwingingMonkey

I saw it twice but didn't even mention to my family I saw it. They'll catch it on tv. At least the memory of seeing Last Crusade on the big screen won't be ruined.

PloKoon

Wow, you haters requested a page where you could flame about the movie and you hardly use it? Hell, I count more hate posts in the other threads than this one combined.

"I didn't do that bad did I?"

-Harrison Ford

:whip: