SDCC 2011 Hasbro set: what's it selling for these days...

hemble

FETT1 said:
PLEASE / THANKS....

FETT1(y)

Hey Mate,

last time I saw (about a month ago) the set was selling for roughly $575.00 and that was on ebay, I have seen individual figures selling from $80-$150 on ebay.

Ron

Lance Quazar

$575? That's insane. I've never seen it so high.

There's one now for $200 or best offer.

Which isn't all that bad, considering.

hemble

Lance Quazar said:

That's what I thought at the time but $200 is a bloody good buy if you ask me especially seeing that you don't see them that often.

Ron

FETT1

hemble said:
That's what I thought at the time but $200 is a bloody good buy if you ask me especially seeing that you don't see them that often.

Ron

Many THANKS ... Oi !

FETT1

Spassvogel

I'm still not quite sure how I was able to order one of those originally. I forgot to set my alarm and by the time I woke up I was reading all the posts from people mad that it was out of stock. I checked the link just for the heck of it and it was there so I ordered it!

I still haven't been able to bring myself to open them, even though I'm a born and bred opener.

indyclone25

i remember ordering mine that morning when they first made it available and they had a limit of two per order and that's what i ordered , two. one for my collection and one for my son to open and play with .....

Sea Monarch

FETT1 said:
PLEASE / THANKS....

FETT1(y)

I empathize with you. that "Lost Wave 5" has been on my mind a lot over the years. Especially lately.

Originally Posted by Lance Quazar

Originally Posted by hemble

Yeah I seem to have seen some in the $400 - $500 range on a few occasions, but $575 pretty lofty this early in the game. As inflated as $200 is, that's about the best I've seen lately too (though i don't track it near enough).

Originally posted by Spassvogel

I'm still not quite sure how I was able to order one of those originally. I forgot to set my alarm and by the time I woke up I was reading all the posts from people mad that it was out of stock. I checked the link just for the heck of it and it was there so I ordered it!

I still haven't been able to bring myself to open them, even though I'm a born and bred opener.

I was thrilled when i read the news back in Jan/Feb of 2011 here at the Raven, about this set soon to be released that summer.
And wouldn't you know that right around the time, even though I had a fairly steady paycheck, I had to wait a few days before I could collect the check, and I also had to be at work when they went on sale and couldn't even access a computer on my break. And when I got off work, it was supposedly a done deal.:(

Originally posted by indyclone25

i remember ordering mine that morning when they first made it available and they had a limit of two per order and that's what i ordered , two. one for my collection and one for my son to open and play with .....

Yeah, I planned to buy three. One to open, one to hand down to a nephew or son. And one as either a back up, or to sell to a collector years down the road. Glad you were able to get a hold of it!(y)

Just felt weird that I could afford it, and found out about it before the fact, and still couldn't get in that window of oppurtunity at that time. Like I was supposed to get it then, and yet didn't. Ah well, I'll probably be able to have it soon.:cool:

I understand the reasons for it's limited numbers, but was frustrating for a collector/fan like me, that had supported that line, at full price from day one.
I was able to buy at least two or three of everything (at least figure wise), and in many cases army built. Shopping/scouting weekly, often daily between 11 different stores, and that's not counting places I looked that didn't carry the line. And then never even got to see a TOD figure.:mad:

We had a fairly new store where I live called Tuesday Morning's, which I knew nothing about. Little did I know, people on this forum started reporting TOD figure sightings in these stores. By the time I read about it, that store had shut down where I live.(n)

So I still have something to look forward to in completing my collection. Not willing to pay + $500 for the lost wave, however. I know I can get it cheaper.:)

FETT1, were you able to get in on most of the other collection?

Henry W Jones

I was out of work and in the hospital that day. I called one of my neighbors, asked to borrow the money, asked her to call and order them for me and paid her back a couple of months later. I ended up with 2 sets. Too bad you couldn't find a way around your work situation and your money situation to make that happen. That sucks. Hope you find them at a decent price.

Sea Monarch

Henry W Jones said:
I was out of work and in the hospital that day. I called one of my neighbors, asked to borrow the money, asked her to call and order them for me and paid her back a couple of months later. I ended up with 2 sets. Too bad you couldn't find a way around your work situation and your money situation to make that happen. That sucks. Hope you find them at a decent price.

Thank's for that, I hope I do too. :gun: I almost went to those lengths to get them. Off hand, I don't know if this is exactly how it went down, but seems to me that at the time I was led to believe it would be available for more than a day. Attempted to order after work, by then they had been sold out. Later on, I seemed to find out too late, that they had went back on sale at Hasbro's website again, only to sell out instantly. All while I had money to spend.:(

I relate to the comment about being out of work, because 2 years prior, I was inbetween jobs, and had been waiting to finish having duplicates of everything in waves 1-3. And that's when all of a sudden, the double's I needed of the cargo trucks, and jungle cutter, went clearance price for $10 and $5 dollars. But most of all I hated missing out on snagging the Hasbro $150 Millenium Falcon for $50 during the winter months.:( By that time I had been segueing into collecting the Star Wars Vintage Line.

Ah, well. At least I still have my original Kenner Millenium Falcon, and it's in phenomenal shape. I even still have all the original parts to it, including the often lost, chess table, and the training sphere.(y)

I do plan to fill in the gaps to my Indy collection someday soon. I've got a lot of everything Else Indy.:gun:

indyclone25

Sea Monarch said:
But most of all I hated missing out on snagging the Hasbro $150 Millenium Falcon for $50 during the winter months.:( By that time I had been segueing into collecting the Star Wars Vintage Line.

Ah, well. At least I still have my original Kenner Millenium Falcon, and it's in phenomenal shape. I even still have all the original parts to it, including the often lost, chess table, and the training sphere.(y)

I do plan to fill in the gaps to my Indy collection someday soon. I've got a lot of everything Else Indy.:gun:

i bought the big falcon also that winter and i opened it , it is very cool( hope i'm not sounding mean) i was thinking of keeping it in the box , but the size was just keeping me from not doing it , i love this thing . i bought last year the big at-at walker on clearance , but yet to have opened that. i have been collection star wars since i was a kid of 12-13. and have a huge collection which i have been going through and selling some of it , cause i just had to much , i started downsizing at toy shows and got rid of the same figure that was on the red and green cards( which i sold the green carded figure) i have another show this weekend and plan on selling more figures model kits and 12 in figures. :D

Sea Monarch

indyclone=25 said:
Sea Monarch said:
But most of all I hated missing out on snagging the Hasbro $150 Millenium Falcon for $50 during the winter months. By that time I had been segueing into collecting the Star Wars Vintage Line.

Ah, well. At least I still have my original Kenner Millenium Falcon, and it's in phenomenal shape. I even still have all the original parts to it, including the often lost, chess table, and the training sphere.

I do plan to fill in the gaps to my Indy collection someday soon. I've got a lot of everything Else Indy.

i bought the big falcon also that winter and i opened it , it is very cool( hope i'm not sounding mean) i was thinking of keeping it in the box , but the size was just keeping me from not doing it , i love this thing .

I don't think you sound mean at all, but thanks for being thoughtful. I'm happy you were able to snag it, and I hope you got a bargain on it. It looks awesome in pictures, I've seen. What really impresses me, is the larger scale, compared to the original Kenner. Love that you can fit more than 2 figures in the cockpit. (y)

indyclone25 said:
i bought last year the big at-at walker on clearance , but yet to have opened that.

Now that takes willpower. Yeah, I had the original Kenner, of that, too! Still have it! Unfortunately though, I lost the lower chin cannons (a commonly lost part with this toy,) within the same week that I got it. Possibly, the same day. :(
That's why you don't play with transparent plastic rods in the snow! ;) I would love to pick this one up too! Although, the one I want to keep Mint In Box is the Vintage style box.

indyclone25 said:
i have been collection star wars since i was a kid of 12-13. and have a huge collection which i have been going through and selling some of it , cause i just had to much , i started downsizing at toy shows and got rid of the same figure that was on the red and green cards( which i sold the green carded figure) i have another show this weekend and plan on selling more figures model kits and 12 in figures. :D

That's kinda ironic, since I actually stopped collecting toys, when I was about 13 yrs old. And didn't pick it up again till 2008. ;) Of course, my early collections got played with! (y)
Has any of your Star Wars collection included the original Kenners?

Too bad you had to downsize, hope you got good money for your investment the other weekend. At least, enough for the price of a ticket to Marakesh! Which are worth more, the Green, or Red carded? Did you get the entire 3 3/4" Hasbro Indy line? Do you have a focus in your SW collecting for the vintage line?