Hi there from Germany!

Sven

So here's another newbie from good old Europe. I'm Sven from Germany and a huge fan of the Young Indiana Jones TV series. Because I grew up in East Germany I got in touch with Indiana Jones not before the political changes here in 1989/90 and even I like the movies very much my focus is set on the Young Indy Chronicles. Before my account here got activated I lurked around a little bit and saw (even the show is still controversial debated) that a lot of people like the adventures as well. So I hope for interesting discussions, contacts and fun.

Something private about me: 38 years old (for some weks left :mad:), married and father of a 3-year old son. Working as a member of the test engineering staff at a electronic service provider and besides that student of Political Science by distant learning.

So hi at all! :)

Stoo

Willkommen, Sven.:hat: It's good to have another avid Young Indy fan here! There are too many Harrison-Ford-only fans whining for Indy 5 and young puppies who like to post a lot but have nothing too say except talk about the food they are eating.:p (Believe me, it's true.(n))

P.S. I'm living in Switzerland these days (in the French part, not the German part where they have that STRANGE Swiss-German language!) I've been to Munich a couple of times but a trip to Berlin really opened my eyes as to how the city (and East Germany) was before 1989.

Again...Welcome to The Raven and looking forward to talking to you.

Sven

Hi Stoo,

I read a lot of your postings lately in the YIJ section and they were always interesting and educational, have to look forward for further ones. Will see you there! ;)

Indy's brother

Stoo said:
...and young puppies who like to post a lot but have nothing too say except talk about the food they are eating.:p (Believe me, it's true.(n))

Well, there are some adventure-related non-Indy threads popping up around here as of late, like Winnie the Friggin' Pooh! :sick:

Sven

It's an unexperienced but very nice feeling to meet a lot of another admirers of the TV series - thank you, Indy_Chic and greetings to Down under! :hat:

Unlucky Berman

Hope Sven doesn't mind if I capture the thread but since I am from the same country I save to write at least the title. ;) Well, as said I am from Germany too and so far I was only a reader lurking in the background. I studied classical archeology and ancient history (both is more about the mediterran cultures, esp. Greeks and Romans) but it became more a hobby of some sort since I am working in the chemical industry now. Naturally Indy was some kind of inspiration for me to become interested in this field even while I knew it wouldn't be so adventuresome as the fiction.
I am a fan of the movies, comics and also started to collect some props lately. I hope to have some interesting times here and exchange informations and sympathies for our common interests in this "adventure". :whip: