Who says there's no such thing as destiny?

StoneTriple

I'll try to keep this somewhat brief. My wife and I have had several dogs throughout our years, all of the Fox Terriers. A couple of years ago, we lost one to old age. She was a big deal in our world. That left us with two. We've never been ones to replace dogs, because to us they can't be. Each time we welcome a new dog into our life, it's after a few years of losing one.

Not long ago, we decided the two we still had might like a new companion. One of the two went into a funk after losing our girl and he never really came all the way out of it. He was better after several months, but still a touch distant.

We decided to call a friend who trains terriers as rescue dogs and see if she knew of any pups or planned on having any in the next few months. She is who we got both our others from (several years apart). She said no, but she had just come across a group of rescues.

They were three Fox Terriers who had been taken to the vet to be put down because their owners were getting a divorce and had no need for dogs. The husband had brought them in and said he'd be back later to get the crate.

The vet called the wife after he left to see what was up. The wife had no knowledge and of the dogs being brought in and she quickly got the ball rolling to save them.

That's where our friend came in. This was all happening in San Antonio. Our friend lives near El Paso. The wife calls our friend, desperate, and she drives to get the dogs and says she'll find homes for them.

We call not long after, just by chance to ask about puppies, and that's when she tells us the whole story. She sent us a picture of the only one of the three she still had. We loved her right away and wanted her, but needed to think about bringing in a new family member. After we called her back the next day to arrange transportation (she was ten hours away), we asked what the dog's name was - it hadn't come up the day before because we weren't sure if we were going to do it.

Anyway, long story short - and after a very long car trip - we welcomed our new girl;

Indi

Indi.jpg

Brooke Logan

Aw, she's beautiful!

I'm so glad she found a home. I hope they all find homes. It's pretty rotten of that husband to be willing to have them put down so easily, I hate when people are like that.:mad:

Animals are wonderful, have fun with your new girl!:)