Tough Sergeant Prototype?

Udo Kar

Lets face it, Hasbro screwed the pooch on this line by producing too many toys for a film that didnt recieve the support of their #1 critics-kids. Now I will go on to say that I have been blessed with two nerdy sons that were very happy that an Indy line was being released but after looking at that first run with the robot chicken faces they lost quite a bit of interest. One even commented that the figures looked shoddy,he is 7. And to my surprise I was asked "Hey dad ,wheres Toht? Wheres a melting Belloq? Why didnt they do a flying wing?" Hasbro can blame quality control,marketing, solar flares or whatever but when my kids tell me that Hasbro made crappy Indy toys just to make a quick buck on a crappy Indy movie I tend to believe em. ps- they do run over their clone toopers with the convoy truck, so I guess thats a plus.:rolleyes:

tnswman

Udo Kar said:
Lets face it, Hasbro screwed the pooch on this line by producing too many toys for a film that didnt recieve the support of their #1 critics-kids. Now I will go on to say that I have been blessed with two nerdy sons that were very happy that an Indy line was being released but after looking at that first run with the robot chicken faces they lost quite a bit of interest. One even commented that the figures looked shoddy,he is 7. And to my surprise I was asked "Hey dad ,wheres Toht? Wheres a melting Belloq? Why didnt they do a flying wing?" Hasbro can blame quality control,marketing, solar flares or whatever but when my kids tell me that Hasbro made crappy Indy toys just to make a quick buck on a crappy Indy movie I tend to believe em. ps- they do run over their clone toopers with the convoy truck, so I guess thats a plus.:rolleyes:

The Indy toys are actually one of Hasbro's best line...The sculpts are amazing as are the accessories. The character choices are ALL characters that we all wanted..Just not all up-front. So we can't deny that!

Also, the movie KOTCS is a true foray into the mythology of Indiana Jones. If you don't get what Lucas and Steven were doing with the character, then you totally do NOT understand the whole point of Indy movies to begin with. The KOTCS figures are SUPERB!

Will both partys learn from the mistakes of the toy line? sure..However, I hope the new figures are JUST like the previous ones just a better character selection.

Udo Kar

tnswman said:
The Indy toys are actually one of Hasbro's best line...The sculpts are amazing as are the accessories. The character choices are ALL characters that we all wanted..Just not all up-front. So we can't deny that!

Also, the movie KOTCS is a true foray into the mythology of Indiana Jones. If you don't get what Lucas and Steven were doing with the character, then you totally do NOT understand the whole point of Indy movies to begin with. The KOTCS figures are SUPERB!

Will both partys learn from the mistakes of the toy line? sure..However, I hope the new figures are JUST like the previous ones just a better character selection.
I guess I understand if the point was to make a horrible movie and hype it as a summer blockbuster. Mythology? Come on dude this isnt Homer. The only mythology about any of this is how history will record Lucasberg as two of best scam artists of children the world ever knew. And your right maybe I do miss the point, but I go to movies for entertainment , not to delve into every finite detail of a movie like some virgin trekkie.

tnswman

Udo Kar said:
I guess I understand if the point was to make a horrible movie and hype it as a summer blockbuster. Mythology? Come on dude this isnt Homer. The only mythology about any of this is how history will record Lucasberg as two of best scam artists of children the world ever knew. And your right maybe I do miss the point, but I go to movies for entertainment , not to delve into every finite detail of a movie like some virgin trekkie.

Well, it's obvious you could have done better....too bad IJ isn't your property to do that with...Or Thankfully. The real fans appreciated and understood KOTCS. Fan babies like you didn't they just cried because Lucas and Hasbro didn't do exactly what the fan babies wanted.

lao che & sons

tnswman said:
Well, it's obvious you could have done better....too bad IJ isn't your property to do that with...Or Thankfully. The real fans appreciated and understood KOTCS. Fan babies like you didn't they just cried because Lucas and Hasbro didn't do exactly what the fan babies wanted.

AMEN! thank you!:)

Udo Kar

Fan baby LOL! How could anyone not understand KOTCS? Here's a rundown - Drunken Harrison gets cheesy script- Drunken Harrison says "What the hell? Sounds like drunken fun!" -Idiot Lucasberg says "We need teen sex appeal for males 15 to 25!- Shiat says "OK!"- "What about a storyline?" Connery asks- "Who gives a monkeydooky!? We have giant ants and out of work Russian actors!" Idiot Lucasberg tells Connery-"Have fun twits" Connery replies- "OH YUMMY" Shiat drools- {shooting begins} Harrison comes to in desert "I thought I was a Russian sub captain in this!(and passes out)Revives briefly and screams "WHERES BEN?" (falls over again) "He broke his hip!" says Karen Allen-"I'll lick it make it better" answers Shiat- "Put him on a pony, we'll digitize the legs" says Idiot Lucasberg- chase crash chase-John Hurt asks "Cant I just mumble for the camera like Drunken Harrison? - "Sure but dance some too" Idiot Lucasberg tells Hurt- "UGH" says retarded Russian- "Oscar loves ya baby!!" screeches Idiot Lucasberg- chase chase chase "Let go of that monkey like that Shiat!, He's mine!" -screams Drunken Harrison- screech screech kaboom zap zap whoosh whoosh church bells- "Thats a wrap" squeaks Idiot Lucasberg-{end shoot} "Wow thats alot of ba-zing for taking a dump in a trunk!" exclaims Drunken Harrison- "Can I keep the monkey?" asks Shiat- "WOW! Penal implant institute here I come!" hollers Karen Allen-"How did it come to this? I knew I should have been Gandalf " pouts John Hurt-"SEE YA AT THE BANK!!" shouts Idiot Lucasberg- "FT KNOX FOR US!!" yells little hasblo yuppie exec- {entire cast,crew and yuppie Hasblo exec drives into sunset}.....In the meantime a dazed retarded out of work actor begins to walk to Moscow,and a bored John Williams plays a kazoo.-- Is that enough mythology for you Tweedletard? :gun:

Last edited:

Udo Kar

Oh I love Indiana Jones, the movies(except KOTCS)the books(except KOCTS)the comics(except KOCTS)......see a pattern here?

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
KOTCS was an excellent movie. It had a few flaws, but I adore it and will always accept it!

What Indy movie didn't have flaws? The problem is that we didn't have 20 years to create our own "perfect" versions in our minds that NO MOVIE could have lived up to.

In the end...KOTCS did EXACTLY what each other Indy movie did for the character and the time line.

It's amazing that people like Udo simply don't understand the REASONING as to why the movies exist anyway.

Chrome don't you feel like we are back in 2008? LOL!

Jono11

tnswman said:
Also, the movie KOTCS is a true foray into the mythology of Indiana Jones. If you don't get what Lucas and Steven were doing with the character, then you totally do NOT understand the whole point of Indy movies to begin with.
What if you get what they were doing, and you just think it was trite, poorly-executed, and not very original?

tnswman said:
The real fans appreciated and understood KOTCS.
You're only a fan if you blindly enjoy everything they make, got it. Is that one of those "you're not a patriot if you've ever criticized the government" things?

Udo Kar

tnswman said:
Yea, you don't love or understand Indy :D :whip: :dead: WOW! People throw that word love around way too much if you ask me. As far as understanding Indy? Why would I choose to do so? I dont want to analyze Indy I want to see him escape harrowing ordeals and then put his hat back on. Now I'm sorry for the way you feel tnswman, I really am. But a sugar coated turd is still a turd and that is exactly what KOTCS is. ;) (y)

Udo Kar

P.S - I thought I made my feelings concerning the foray into the mythology of KOTCS very clear on page 6, didnt I ?:confused: :confused:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Udo Kar said:
P.S - I thought I made my feelings concerning the foray into the mythology of KOTCS very clear on page 6, didnt I ?:confused: :confused:

Yeah, in the sort of post that we would edit away if it weren't the sort of thing we'd want on record if you start acting up again.

Consider yourself warned.

ChromiumBlue37

I would actually love a head to replace one of my German Soldiers' bodies. Would make a terrific driver for the German Truck.

tnswman

Jono11 said:
What if you get what they were doing, and you just think it was trite, poorly-executed, and not very original?

You're only a fan if you blindly enjoy everything they make, got it. Is that one of those "you're not a patriot if you've ever criticized the government" things?

Nope, It's one of those situations where the film makers follwed the same patterns. EXACTLY the same as the reasoning behind the OT.

As for the Government..Ohhhh My. I could say a LOT about that right now LOL!