More Indy Movies After Indy 4?

Webley

Paden said:
My guess is (although I could be wrong) that the sales of the DVD sets helped affirm continued interest in the Indiana Jones character, and hence helped provide momentum for the development of a fourth film.
Dont forget the video games ;)

"My guess is that the sales of the DVD sets helped affirm continued interest in the Indiana Jones character"

Do we have evidence that the Indy DVDs sold well?

Paden

ClintonHammond said:
Do we have evidence that the Indy DVDs sold well?

This press release from Paramount Home Video indicates that sales following the initial release of the set were quite strong. I'm wasn't able to locate any info on current sales figures.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Webley said:
What does NDA stand for?

It stands for Non Disclosure Agreement. The longer definition is here, but it basicly means anyone signed on to do Indy Noir at any level, from the caterer to the Producer has signed an agreement not to disclose any information about the movie, and if they break that agreement, the will be a lawsuit. I myself do not have an NDA for Indy IV, therefore I can leak anything I want.
biggrin.gif

Barryson Ford

Aaron H said:
I would love to leak part of the script, but Gilles and my NDA say I can't.

Yeah that can be a pickle
I have that with the scipts of the starwars television series
that darn nda !

Last edited:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Did I say that I had a copy of the script? All I said was that I would love to leak it...not that I had it and wanted to leak it. In a word, no, I do not have this script. However, I have read a portion of Darabount's script. (I would rank it 8.5 Stars)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
The portion I saw did not mention the artifact by name, however it did involve a scene with Indy and his daughter who had teamed up with him. Judging by what they were saying, however, I could presume that they were searching for either Noah's Ark or the Garden of Eden (perhaps Darabont visits the Raven?). The conversation consisted of the origins of Mankind.

I personlly didn't like how cynical Indy sounded. I mean, here he has been on many adventures and seen a great many strange things, but instead of making him a believer, its just made him bitter.

Other than that, the script was well written and with the right actress as his daughter I think it would have played wonderfully.

LASTCRUSADER

Aaron H said:
The portion I saw did not mention the artifact by name, however it did involve a scene with Indy and his daughter who had teamed up with him. Judging by what they were saying, however, I could presume that they were searching for either Noah's Ark or the Garden of Eden (perhaps Darabont visits the Raven?). The conversation consisted of the origins of Mankind.

I personlly didn't like how cynical Indy sounded. I mean, here he has been on many adventures and seen a great many strange things, but instead of making him a believer, its just made him bitter.

Other than that, the script was well written and with the right actress as his daughter I think it would have played wonderfully.

Is that all you can tell us or have you already said too much? ;)

So should we start speculating as to who will play the daughter? Or has all this been removed from the new script? Have you heard from your "sources" how much of Darabount's story still remains?

Not to sound like I don't believe you but you know we'll try and squeeze you for as much info as we can get. Regardless of of acurate it is.

LASTCRUSADER

temple of john said:
Aaron would have to have a set of sterling steel balls to lie about this. Cut him a break. Thanks Aaron.

Actually I don't think he's lieing. All I'm saying is even those who don't believe him are going to try and get more info out of him.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Tough to say without giving dialouge, something that I am NOT about to do.
Cynical may be to strong a word, bitter perhaps would be better. His daughter was trying to snap him out of it. (though at the time of this scene only the audience knows its his daughter)

He had given up on the world, everything that he stood for seemed to be forgotten and lost. Disenchanted might also be a good word to use.

As far as what has survived the re-re-re-re-writes, I have no clue. :confused:

LASTCRUSADER

Aaron H said:
Tough to say without giving dialouge, something that I am NOT about to do.
Cynical may be to strong a word, bitter perhaps would be better. His daughter was trying to snap him out of it. (though at the time of this scene only the audience knows its his daughter)

He had given up on the world, everything that he stood for seemed to be forgotten and lost. Disenchanted might also be a good word to use.

As far as what has survived the re-re-re-re-writes, I have no clue. :confused:

Well maybe you can answer this question.

Which of the three movies did the scene remind you of or feel like the most? Maybe thats a tough question to answer but I'm just curious if it felt a little noir or not.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Tough to say, I can't really say it "felt" like any of the others per se. However, it did have leanings towards LC.

TombReader

'His daughter was trying to snap him out of it. (though at the time of this scene only the audience knows its his daughter)'

Is this daughter named either 'Lara' or 'Croft' by any chance?? :p

'He had given up on the world, everything that he stood for seemed to be forgotten and lost...'

Interesting theme,and an equally interesting choice of words.Appropriate for someone who has spent his life searching for what has been 'forgotten and lost'.Might even make a good thread on its own.

Thanks for the updates,Aaron! :)

Last edited: