Indy catches egg in ToD deleted scene?

Stoo

Indy's Brother said:
*takes another sip of eggnog*
Love eggnog! Especially with piles of sugar in it!(y)
Rocket Surgeon said:
I've been holding off until I located the reference, but I have IRREFUTABLE proof that the egg scene was NOT SHOT.

I will be posting this in the following days/weeks as I order it and consider the best way to present it.
Like a chicken, LAY it on us, Rocket...:p

indyswk

Rocket Surgeon said:
You should sketch what you remember so we can compare.

All hot air and an internet account...another nail in the coffin. It's really hard to take ANY of you seriously when you fail so miserably to contribute.

I'm sorry was the thread THAT serious. I can't sketch, and the memory is extremely vague. I do recall something like that. The sketch with the egg zig zag across reminded me of the first time I saw ToD on TV when I was little nd it had something like that. That was pretty much it.

And I said it was different, but I could be totally wrong because of how vague my memory of it iwas. Or it could be from some other movie, I'm NOT THAT SURE.

The Drifter

I posted about this on another forum, and some say they remember a scene like this in an Indiana Jones ripoff called
"Adventures of Tennessee Buck".

Montana Smith

The Drifter said:
I posted about this on another forum, and some say they remember a scene like this in an Indiana Jones ripoff called

I haven't seen the movie, but a quick check at the forum at imdb.com indicates this is a softcore skin flick? Are you sure it wasn't something else that a character caught, like the clap? ;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
I've been holding off until I located the reference, but I have IRREFUTABLE proof that the egg scene was NOT SHOT.

I will be posting this in the following days/weeks as I order it and consider the best way to present it.

I'm beginning to feel like the only one getting the yolk.

Stoo

The Drifter said:
I'm pretty sure there is no egg-catch scene in that movie. Will watch it again tonight just to make sure. (By the way, it's called "The Further Adventures of Tennessee Buck".);)
Montana Smith said:
I haven't seen the movie, but a quick check at the forum at imdb.com indicates this is a softcore skin flick? Are you sure it wasn't something else that a character caught, like the clap? ;)
There are some scantily clad women and some brief nudity but it is NOT a "softcore skin flick". I recently talked about it here: Indy Type Films
Attila the Professor said:
I'm beginning to feel like the only one getting the yolk.
So Rocket is just hamming around then? Ham goes well with eggs.

Stoo said:
Love eggnog! Especially with piles of sugar in it!(y)
Like a chicken, LAY it on us, Rocket...:p
...and it all starts with that preposition!

There I was, putting some old furniture into the barn and I saw them...stacks of Agriculture magazines...one in particular: Farm Journal.

The 1984 June Extra had a Rooster and a Hen on the cover. Proud birds for an all poultry edition. History, lineage, to decorations, raising and recipes...but imagine my eyes when I saw the name Mike Culling!

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
...but imagine my eyes when I saw the name Mike Culling!
"Say it ain't so, Joe". I just looked him up and found that he was an animal handler for the Indy movies.

Please continue (or go get clucked).:p

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
There are some scantily clad women and some brief nudity but it is NOT a "softcore skin flick". I recently talked about it here: Indy Type Films

That's a shame. I'll cross it off my Christmas list! :)

Rocket deMille said:
There I was, putting some old furniture into the barn and I saw them...stacks of Agriculture magazines...one in particular: Farm Journal.

The 1984 June Extra had a Rooster and a Hen on the cover. Proud birds for an all poultry edition. History, lineage, to decorations, raising and recipes...but imagine my eyes when I saw the name Mike Culling!

This is really sounding far-fetched. I think you're just egging Stoo on. Next you'll be saying that you saw Indy escape a crashing aircraft in a rubber life raft. :rolleyes:

Lance Quazar

Indy's brother said:
It's weird. The more I read about this scene, the more I think I may have seen it, too.

And here we have it. That is EXACTLY how false memory syndrome works.

You hear about something long enough, you start to believe you saw it.

Case. Closed.

Stoo

indyswk said:
I'm sorry was the thread THAT serious. I can't sketch, and the memory is extremely vague. I do recall something like that. The sketch with the egg zig zag across reminded me of the first time I saw ToD on TV when I was little nd it had something like that. That was pretty much it.

And I said it was different, but I could be totally wrong because of how vague my memory of it iwas. Or it could be from some other movie, I'm NOT THAT SURE.
Well, Indyswk, it's too bad that you're not sure. Are you from the States? (The reason I ask is because I'm trying to determine sources and you say you might have seen it on TV.)
Montana Smith said:
This is really sounding far-fetched. I think you're just egging Stoo on.
It does seem that Rocket is attempting to ruffle my feathers. Anyhow, the egg is on display at the National Geographic Indiana Jones exhibit in Montreal...;)
Lance Quazar said:
And here we have it. That is EXACTLY how false memory syndrome works.

You hear about something long enough, you start to believe you saw it.

Case. Closed.
Lance, I guess you missed Indy brother's next post where he said he was being sarcastic.;)

Speaking of 'false memory syndrome', perhaps you saw the egg scene a long time ago and disliked it so much that you rejected it from your mind. You saw it, you hated it & blocked it. Traumatic events can become repressed memories.

"Case. Closed.":p

Stoo said:
It does seem that Rocket is attempting to ruffle my feathers.
In the extra they have a side line interview with Mike Culling which I will post here in it's entirety. In the mean while Culling mentions ALL the POULTRY used were ROOSTERS and not HENS. They discuss the differences and difficulties of both on set and remark about distinguishing them by the Rooster's extra spur...

They would have had a heck of a time getting them to lay an egg!

Webber did say live poultry not chickens!

I'd also like to bring your attention to the position Indy is reclining. At first his hands are folded, (saying his prayers before night night no doubt), lying on sacks an appreciable distance from the cages themselves. Were his hands to fall it would only make the bullseye even further from the coop! That would have to be one explosive egg to reach his palm!

But stay tuned for the incontrovertible interview!

Last edited:

Stoo

The Drifter said:
Well, last night I re-watched, "The Further Adventures of Tennessee Buck" again and there is NO egg-catch scene in it. Just as I thought. (Out of curiosity, Drifter, what forum did you ask on?)

Funnily enough, there are a few chicken references in the film:
1) Tennessee Buck gets thrown into a chicken coop during a fight.
2) One of the characters uses the expression, "egg on my face".
3) The movie was released by Astral Films and their logo is a rooster!
Rocket Surgeon said:
I'd also like to bring your attention to the position Indy is reclining. At first his hands are folded, (saying his prayers before night night no doubt), lying on sacks an appreciable distance from the cages themselves. Were his hands to fall it would only make the bullseye even further from the coop! That would have to be one explosive egg to reach his palm!
I'd also like to bring your (and everyone else's) attention to 4 other details but will do so accompanied by a photo analysis. I just took a whack of screengrabs!
Rocket Surgeon said:
But stay tuned for the incontrovertible interview!
Waiting patiently (to shoot it down). Instead of typing the article out, can you scan it? A scan or photo would help prove that it's real.:p

Last edited:

indyswk

Stoo said:
Well, Indyswk, it's too bad that you're not sure. Are you from the States?

You could say false memory, and I will not argue there. But the whole thing just brings my memory to when I was watching ToD in our family living room on the old TV. Everything was there in the memory. I am no more than 6 or 7 years old. Have I been inceptioned?

It is certainly not in my DVDs now, along with the shining rock scene in LC.

The show was on TV channel, and I'm from somewhere in Asia btw ;).

Stoo

indyswk said:
It is certainly not in my DVDs now, along with the shining rock scene in LC.
Thanks for replying, Indyswk. Not to steer thing off-topic but...'shining rock scene' in "Crusade"?:confused:
indyswk said:
The show was on TV channel, and I'm from somewhere in Asia btw ;).
Interesting. The egg may have just became a tiny bit heavier. Which Asian country, might I ask? 4 years ago, Aaron H wrote that the egg scene was SUPPOSEDLY included in Asian releases (post #21):
Aaron H said:
Supposedly the Asian releases have this scene, but I haven't been able to prove or disprove that fact.