Indy 4 on DVD

mattzilla2010

Goonie said:
Cover art for the 2 disc edition:

Front:
indy4dvd2disc.jpg

Back:
indy4backdvdcover2disc.jpg

I'm not sure if these are official as they came off another message board.

They are official. Check out http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull.html for all the cover artwork, including the 4-movie DVD set. They also have a list of all the features for the single-disc, 2-disc, and Blu-ray releases of KOTCS.

Belloq

Meh, the 2 disc fits with all the other dvds that have recently been released since the movie that I don't own, and don't care to spend the money to buy the same seet of dvds that I have owned since they were first released.

Can anyone give me a reason why they would release the originals again with a smiggin of more features other than the typical hollywood money machine squeezing as much as they can out of a franchise?

No Ticket

Why buy KOTCS now? ... I mean, sure you can, but they'll probably have a box set out where all four movies match in box art and come with even more features (that they held back so they could do this).

Belloq

No Ticket said:
Why buy KOTCS now? ... I mean, sure you can, but they'll probably have a box set out where all four movies match in box art and come with even more features (that they held back so they could do this).

But of course at that time they wouldve come out with an Indy V and then do the whole thing over again...

Do we live in a throw away culture? Im thinking... yes!

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Musings from the past:
moedred said:
shenshaw said:
"Memoirs of the Indy 4 script" bonus segment.
I'd love to see this too. Most commentaries and featurettes are total love fests: found the perfect actress, setbacks became opportunities, improvisations were brilliant, etc. When Lucas linked the darkness in ToD to his divorce, that was uncommonly blunt.

I hope they interview the whole parade of Indy 4 writers for the DVD, though I doubt they will.

It will be left to independent journalists to piece together this story. Like the long strange road to "Superman Returns." (...)

A feature like that would be one of the best rationales for buying the DVD.

The Man

The second disc will blow just as bad as the movie; soft-hued shots of Frank Marshall 'reminiscing' on "this incredible journey"...:rolleyes:

Shortie

Yeeeah, that second disc doesn't look all that good. I might just get the first disc after all. I'm pretty sure the production diary is the vidocs, we've all seen. Too bad it has the best cover. :(

James

Shortie said:
I'm pretty sure the production diary is the vidocs, we've all seen.

It may incorporate some of that footage, but there's no way it will only consist of a few 2 minute clips. The film made nearly $800 million at the box office. The studio will be giving it a decent slate of extras.

According to the press release, the chapters will cover the following topics:

- Shooting Begins: New Mexico
- Back To School: New Haven, Connecticut
- Welcome to the Jungle: Hilo, Hawaii
- On-Set Action
- Exploring Akator
- Wrapping Up!
? Warrior Makeup
? The Crystal Skulls
? Iconic Props
? The Effects of Indy
? Adventures in Post Production
? Closing: Team Indy

iLUVINDY

This is how I see the October 14th release day:

Target - Exclusive Bonus Disc w/ Deleted Scenes (y)
Wal*Mart - Exclusive Lenticular Motion Cover
Circuit City - Exclusive Lithograph
Best Buy - Crystal Skull Gift Set
K-Mart - Free Bag of Candy (n)

I dont know where Im gonna buy it with so many exclusive Items???

Goonie

iLUVINDY said:
K-Mart - Free Bag of Candy (n)

I dont know where Im gonna buy it with so many exclusive Items???

If you were Homer Simpson, you'd go for the free bag of candy! :D

WeAreGoingToDie

I don't know about that Target dvd exclusive, I did some searching and came up with nothing. BUT, would be cool if so and I'd definitely get that above all other exclusives.

I always go for the bonus discs. :gun:

mattzilla2010

spiralout said:
It's strange that indianajones.com hasn't posted anything about the DVDs.

Yeah, I thought so too. I was thinking they might be busy changing the site so that it doesn't center so much around KOTCS. Since the movie is mostly out of theaters now they probably want the official site to have more focus on the series as a whole.

Crack that whip

mattzilla2010 said:
Yeah, I thought so too. I was thinking they might be busy changing the site so that it doesn't center so much around KOTCS. Since the movie is mostly out of theaters now they probably want the official site to have more focus on the series as a whole.

I do hope so. I really want to see all the material that was originally there restored.