General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

indyt

Spielberg's schedule does not look encouraging. Still, Indy V can be done. But it is a bother to go day after day without any concrete news. Like many have said, Ford cannot last forever.

Mungi

"Interstellar" was announced a couple of years ago. No one said they will shoot that in the next years. After the first "Tintin" movie he has only one movie on his plate, and that's "War Horse". That will be in post-production next year. Can all these movies he's producing preclude him from making "Indy 5"? Definitely not. I'm sure his job won't be that big at all them. Or do you think he had a lot to say at "Men in Black II", "Jurassic Park 3" or the "Transformers" movies?:hat:

EddyW

Hmmm... well that was... short and kinda depressing. Here's some good news though, if we ever get Indy 5:
----
Quint: So if they do another INDIANA JONES, provided that you are still excited about the series, you would answer that call?
Drew Struzan: Well if it were for Steven I sure would. No, I couldn’t help it you know. There’s a list of guys, the people that made my life, like George. For over thirty years he was loyal to me, he gave me every job and every book cover and everything and he collects every one of them. Anything he wants is his. If I have it, it’s his. The same with Steven or Frank or Guillermo or… so many of these guys… I wouldn’t have had a life but for their kindness and their loyalty. They are good people and if I ain’t allowed to do good for good people, what am I doing here anyway? So yeah, I’ll be there for them.
----
For the full interview, go here.

Klage

If it is Indy in 60's...I bet Mutt turns to a hippie, and in a way or another Indy takes a trip, too. He sees a vision about the old man and suddenly understands everything. :p

Montana Smith

Ska said:
I'm pretty confident they won't do a prequel...so how could they do this?

Would Indy have to die for this to happen? Will we see Indy in the Great Unknown?

In the unlikely event that Sean could be coaxed back (Never Say Never Again!), I'd think he'd either appear in flashback, or as a ghost (Alec Guiness, Empire Strikes Back style). I can't see them going with an Indy prequel either, now that they've established Mutt the son and Martion the missus.

Indy's brother

foreignerfred said:

Great find, FF! Here's the typically non-commital quote from that VERY short video:

"...we're working on it, I'm working on a story, uh, and, uh, we'll see if we can get it to a point where everyone likes it."

Still not dead!

Also, from Kevster's link regarding Connery in Indy 5:

“Everyone is keen to get Sean back as Professor Henry Jones Senior. They wanted him back for the last movie.
“Everyone’s hopeful he’ll agree to reprise the role even in a small way. I hear Harrison Ford has been sending gifts to try to convince him. I think he could go for it. It would be on his terms.”

Re: Sean Connery, it's another "Hollywood source" leaking news.....

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
Re: Sean Connery, it's another confidential "source" leaking news.....

If it's for real, and that Harrison really is desperately trying to convince Sean, then it makes me think that there's some greater importance. That Sean will be integral to this new movie, that it may signify the bowing out of Harrison: having all three generations of the Jones boys on screen, before the fateful, final passing of the hat.

Udvarnoky

Frankly, even straight up resurrecting Henry Sr. isn't any less plausible than the ridiculous Indy-Ox-Marion-Mutt foster family backstory they contrived for Indy4, so why not? Plus there are the alternatives everyone already pointed out of Henry somehow communing with Indy from beyond the dead (hardly line-crossing in this franchise), or simply by Henry Sr. appearing in a prologue set years before the main story, a la Last Crusade.

kevster

Don't you guys think there's a possibility that Connery isn't dead at all, That he went searching for an artifact, and got lost on the way, or got kidnapped,
and that Indy thinks or just heard his dad is dead ;)

and that he finds out (in the fifth movie) that his dad is still alive....

Or am I talking bullsh*t right now :p

Montana Smith

kevster said:
Don't you guys think there's a possibility that Connery isn't dead at all, That he went searching for an artifact, and got lost on the way, or got kidnapped,
and that Indy thinks or just heard his dad is dead ;)

and that he finds out (in the fifth movie) that his dad is still alive....

Or am I talking bullsh*t right now :p

That's a really nice idea. He's been hanging out with Abner!

I'd really like to hear Sean say: "Junior, it'sh really me. It'sh your father. And, Junior, Mutt ish not your son."

Hanselation

Like LC there may be a pre-story where Professor Henry Jones Sr. "get's lost".
And in the main plot, Indy's looking for that related McGuffin...and mabe he at the end, he will find his dad.
Caves collapse - people may survive! ;)
And apropos "Sean Connery is retired" - he is not really retired!
Only from acting as he said himself. Connery is still working in the movie business - with his voice: Sir Billi (2010) (post-production) (voice)
See IMDB.com

So it would'nt be as easy as it used to be, but Connery's comeback for Indy V could be possible.

Harrison - about the gifts you give to Sean - try it with Scotch Whisky :gun:

Montana Smith

Hanselation said:
And apropos "Sean Connery is retired" - he is not really retired!
Only from acting as he said himself. Connery is still working in the movie business - with his voice: Sir Billi (2010) (post-production) (voice)
See IMDB.com

So it would'nt be as easy as it used to be, but Connery's comeback for Indy V could be possible.

Harrison - about the gifts you give to Sean - try it with Scotch Whisky :gun:

He might come back in front of the camera if the project was something special. And that would be good news for all of us. If the Harrison gift thing is real, then it indicates that the Henry Sr. character will be something more than mere window dressing or self-reference.

Montana Smith

Mungi said:
http://www.express.co.uk/contact

"News Desk
The Daily Express is always interested in hearing about any stories you may have. If you have something you'd like to share or discuss with us, get in touch through: ..."

:rolleyes:

Yeah, we don't ever really believe these stories. We just ponder on the significance of the possibility that they might be true. It fills the void before the film actually arrives, which is when we'll finally know there is an Indy V. (Unless we wake up and realize it was all a dream. ;) )