How much have you spent on Indiana Jones?

How Much Have You Spent on Indiana Jones??

• $0 - $1,000

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • $1,001 - $2,000

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • $2,001 - $3,000

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • $3,001 - $4,000

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • $4,001 - $5,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $5,001 - $6,000

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $6,001 - $7,000

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $7,001 - $8,000

• $8,001 - $10,000

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • $10,001 - $15,000

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • $15,001 - $20,000

• More than $20,000

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

I.M.J.

Edward The Head said:
I really have no idea. I said 6-7k, but it might be more then that. I know I spent a good 7-800 when the KOTCS came out on figures and such alone. I have all sorts of stuff that I'm now starting to get rid of, or at least try. I ended up buying all the stuff I could get my hands on and then it sat in the attic until now. eBay will be my friend here in the next few weeks. I know I'm not going to get anything out of it, but I want to get rid of most of it.

Wow, man. You must've bought a ton of Ugha's, Russian's and German soldiers for army building or something to spend that kind of money on the new line! Or does this include vintage stuff?

My philosophy for the stuff you want to unload? Wait until there's a new Indiana Jones event, man. If you do it now, you'll get killed. Now is when we should be buying stuff, not selling it.

I've got the equivalent of a 2nd set of vintage figures that I'm waiting to unload either during an anniversary announcement, or a new movie announcement.

Goodeknight

I.M.J. said:
My philosophy for the stuff you want to unload? Wait until there's a new Indiana Jones event, man. If you do it now, you'll get killed. Now is when we should be buying stuff, not selling it.

I've got the equivalent of a 2nd set of vintage figures that I'm waiting to unload either during an anniversary announcement, or a new movie announcement.

Wise advice. Buy low, sell high.

IndyJones5183

IndyJones5183 said:
I forgot I also bought the Wide Screen DVD's of Indiana Jones,so it probably brings me to a little over $200.
the-adventures-of-indiana-jones.jpg

Yesterday, I bought original copyrighted novels of the first and third Indy movies.So, I still spent a little over $200.

Rivers

Glad this topic came up...Gave me an excuse to actually look at what I have spent.... I actually kept an inventory of all the Indy stuff I have bought since 1993.... just tallied it up.....$14,027.02!!!!
Thats not including stuff I bought prior to 1993 or the countless movie tickets for all 4 films... if I could account for that Ii believe I would be close to 20 the grand mark!

Rivers

I actually didnt count my DM whip or mk VII bag... with those Im over $15 thousand.... If I counted gifts, stuff bought before 1993 and movies theatre tickets I am over 20 thousand.

Goodeknight

Rivers said:
I'm over $15 thousand.... If I counted gifts, stuff bought before 1993 and movies theatre tickets I am over 20 thousand.

Wow! So for the few of you anywhere beyond $15,000 (Les, Rivers, others), what are some of your most expensive items? My Joe Strain whip put me back $400. I'm guessing high end collectors have some original props, a couple of DM whips, etc.

Rivers

I spent $840 on my David Morgan bullwhip. Funny thing is I didnt count it or log it in my Indy inventory because it want an Official licenced Indy item.

Goodeknight

Rivers said:
I spent $840 on my David Morgan bullwhip. Funny thing is I didnt count it or log it in my Indy inventory because it want an Official licenced Indy item.

So what were the big ticket items that you did count?

Mephisto

It looks like I am between 8-10K. That is basically all due to the handful of paintings I own. I expect to crack 10K in the next 2 years...:whip:

vf wing

I shudder to think.. Just guestimating, but I picked up at least two of each regular figure, and more than that in several cases, most at $8 a pop. Spent a little over $200 in one day when I acquired Indy 4 and all the Young Indy boxsets. Soundtracks, bootleg soundtracks, comics... I'm sure the total is easily over $1000.

The_Raiders

I'd say for me, maybe a couple hundred. My hasbro figures, my hat, my jacket, satchel bag, whip, shirt, boots, sideshow figure, stuff like that.

I don't know and I don't want to know! :)

I especially don't know what I've spent on Star Wars over the years...I had over 3-3/4 inch 1000 figures at one point...
Not counting other stuff.

Damn you, Lucas!

I've learned to show some restraint. I can't display it all. Even so, I still did spend nearly $200 on Indy recently. (SDCC figs, Matt Bosch Indy Relic Poster & 1 flex-pay payment on Chalice of Kali)

Lance Quazar

goodeknight said:
Okay, it's been two months since your post. Any updates?

I was referring to buying the Lost Wave SDCC set of figures (pictured above). Which I have.

I am still confused by your "buck two fifty" comment. How much is "a buck two fifty" anyway?

$3.50?
$251?

Henry W Jones

ddschneider1972 said:
I don't know and I don't want to know! :)

I especially don't know what I've spent on Star Wars over the years...I had over 3-3/4 inch 1000 figures at one point...
Not counting other stuff.

Damn you, Lucas!

I've learned to show some restraint. I can't display it all. Even so, I still did spend nearly $200 on Indy recently. (SDCC figs, Matt Bosch Indy Relic Poster & 1 flex-pay payment on Chalice of Kali)

Damn you, Lucas! Is right. I have ridiculous amounts of Star Wars and Indy toys and had to put the breaks on the buying. I will make exceptions from time to time like SDCC figures. But I really have slowed it down this year. Thought giving up cigarettes was hard. I've got a year on that in September and don't think about it. But I can't stop looking at EBay.... NEED MORE TOYS!!!!!!!!!!