Personal Journals

axelan

Inspired by Indiana Jones, many years ago I bought a very nice leather hand made journal notebook on ebay for pretty cheap (I just tried to find a similar one again but nothing even close and a bunch of expensive junky ones). It would be cool to get back in touch with the crafts-person who made it but ebay doesn't have records that far back. Anyway...

Over the years I have taken it nearly everywhere with me when I travel, through college, etc. I had no idea it would actually fill up densely turning into something this special that I will often reference back to or continue to add to.

Has anyone else done something like this? Does anyone have recommendations on the best travel sketch notebook journal to get? Mine still has some empty pages but one day I will need a new one.

Also, if there is a thread about this already please link it.

Indyologist

You can get some nice leather-bound Indy-type journals at wish.com. Just go to Wish.com and search under "journal" or "journals." Some of their stuff is cheap junk, so do your research. Overall, I think you'll be pleased with their selection and their prices. Basically, all the stuff is from China. Good luck in your search for your "adventure" journal! Hope the following link helps:

See here: https://www.wish.com/search/journal notebook

James Kidd

I also keep a journal like that. I'm allready on a second volume though. I use plain ''dummy'' books, empty pages and a burgundy cover. I note down all the interesting things that happen in life.
I used to write in it on a weekly basis, hence why I allready have two. But now I prefer writing down only the truly striking things. That way it will cover more time once it is full.
I write about travelling, museums, artefacts, history and all that lovely stuff. I sometimes include pictures of objects or people. Locations I prefer to draw myself (while on the location).
Every page has a date and title on the top.
I'd say those journals are one of my most beloved posessions as they contain so many memories.

axelan

James Kidd said:
I also keep a journal like that. I'm allready on a second volume though. I use plain ''dummy'' books, empty pages and a burgundy cover. I note down all the interesting things that happen in life.
I used to write in it on a weekly basis, hence why I allready have two. But now I prefer writing down only the truly striking things. That way it will cover more time once it is full.
I write about travelling, museums, artefacts, history and all that lovely stuff. I sometimes include pictures of objects or people. Locations I prefer to draw myself (while on the location).
Every page has a date and title on the top.
I'd say those journals are one of my most beloved posessions as they contain so many memories.

That's cool. Thanks for sharing.
How long ago did you start it?