Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

RocketSledFight

I think it's interesting how everywhere I go on this board (and with everyone I talk to) it seems that KOTCS seems to be destined to be seen as the 3rd best to people (with the exception of people that despise it, like Agent Spalko ;) ). Just depends on whether you dislike the goofy darkness of TOD or the goofy slapstick humor of Last Crusade. Right now, it's 3rd for me, and it's because TOD isn't really up my alley, but I wouldn't say KOTCS could never reach 2nd best to raiders.

Bjorn Heimdall

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark: A perfect adventure.

2. The Last Crusade

3: The Temple of Doom - So many classic unforgettable scenes but a few silly moments let it down.

5: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

... The next one will be nr. 4... :hat:

agentsands77

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark ****

2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom ***

3. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ***

4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade **

Travis85

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Last Crusade
Temple of Doom

I still don't see how a 10 second CGI shots of monkeys could possibly ruin a 2 hour movie :).

MattJones

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
1. Last Crusade

3. Temple of Doom
3. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Basically, Raiders and Crusade tie for first for me (yeah, I'm crazy like that), and Kingdom and Temple tie for third.

Peacock's-Eye

Young Indiana Jones:
IMO, the finest project that GL ever produced. I'd pick 'Oganga, Giver & Taker of Life" as the best Indy movie ever made.

Last Crusade:
As good as Raiders but with a plot & real characters.

Raiders of the Lost Ark:
The only 'classic' American film in the lot. A perfect action movie. But lacking in the emotional department.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull:
Better script & storyline than Temple of Doom. A really fun, imaginative romp.

Temple of Doom:
The scariest & most intense of the series - my second favorite after LC, but on a scale, it lacks a strong story, has weak characters, and fizzes out at the end.

Travis85

I still don't get the contempt some people have for Indy 4 :p I thought it was a very entertaining movie :) I still say Crusade has the best chase though :).

Crusade>Raiders

Travis85 said:
I still don't get the contempt some people have for Indy 4 :p I thought it was a very entertaining movie :) I still say Crusade has the best chase though :).

Its riddled with flaws, from a crap script to random WTF moments.

But its still pretty fun.

Peacock's-Eye

>>a crap script <<
I don't get this - I thought the actual dialogue was (overall) far above average & on par with Raiders. The storyline got its wires crossed, but that doesn't make the whole thing "crap".

MattJones

MattJones said:
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
1. Last Crusade

3. Temple of Doom
3. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Basically, Raiders and Crusade tie for first for me (yeah, I'm crazy like that), and Kingdom and Temple tie for third.

Snakes said:
1. Raiders and Last Crusade
2. Temple of Doom and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

All fantastic movies.

Exactly my position... You just happened to phrase it A LOT better than I did. :eek: