Firefly

Montana Smith

S. Dakota Jones said:
You still might be able to directly preorder one from bigbadtoystore.com http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=QMX10152&mode=retail

That's what I did :hat:

The QMX waiting list isn't a waiting list in the sense that other retailers use it. Anyone who signs up is guaranteed to get a figure from them since wait list signees will be offered them first. It's because QMX won't take money from customers until an item is close to being delivered.

I decided I could do without the Lassiter after weighing up the difference in cost (estimated delivery and 20% tax), and ordered a regular from the UK.

S. Dakota Jones

Montana Smith said:
The QMX waiting list isn't a waiting list in the sense that other retailers use it. Anyone who signs up is guaranteed to get a figure from them since wait list signees will be offered them first. It's because QMX won't take money from customers until an item is close to being delivered.

I decided I could do without the Lassiter after weighing up the difference in cost (estimated delivery and 20% tax), and ordered a regular from the UK.

I gotcha. I was used to Sideshow's wait list procedures lol so when I saw I could order directly vs a wait list, I jumped on it.

-Jsarino, I'll try to get them up before the weekend.

:hat:

S. Dakota Jones

I tried, but it was a busy end of week but here they are lol.

1404156522.jpg~320x480

1404156516.jpg~320x480

1404156510.jpg~320x480

1404156504.jpg~320x480

1404156573.jpg~320x480

1404156566.jpg~320x480

1404156564.jpg~320x480

It's a decent replica for under $100. It has a nice heft to it but it is a little inaccurate. It's missing the fin underneath the magazine box that was present for the TV show but not there for the movie.

For quite some time, QMX QC had HORRIBLE problems getting them out with a straight barrel. I've read and seen pictures on incredibly bent or misaligned, ie front site offset to the left or right. Mine isn't bad but I can tell it's not 100% straight I can live with it and most people if any pick it up to look at it won't notice. I'm happy enough with it and it looks good on the shelf :gun:

Montana Smith

jsarino said:
Looks great close up! Gawd, if I could only be at the SDCC!

Hopefully even better in person. Convention lighting through glass windows don't often show a figure off to its best.

QMX are still committed to making all the figures, and that's going to make an incredible display!

S. Dakota Jones said:
Some amazing stuff and more than just the firefly stuff too. I love those little Ghostbusters figures.

The company is forging ahead in all directions with a variety of strong licenses. I hadn't even heard of Quantum Mechanix until news of the Mal Reynolds broke.

Goodsport

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8y98otfH9X8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Grizzlor

I saw the online games news, my reaction being kind of "meh." Would rather they lent voices to an animated movie if anything.

jsarino

This was mentioned earlier in the thread, but does anyone have any of the Serenity comics? What did you think of it?

S. Dakota Jones

I have "Those Left Behind" and the new "Leaves on the Wind" series.

They are pretty good, I don't know how long the "LOTW" series is going to be but it's up to 6 or 7 books now(I'm a little behind at book 5). I want to get "A Shepherd's Tale", and I think there's another one out there but I can't remember for sure.

Drones33

S. Dakota Jones said:
I tried, but it was a busy end of week but here they are lol.

1404156522.jpg~320x480

1404156516.jpg~320x480

1404156510.jpg~320x480

1404156504.jpg~320x480

1404156573.jpg~320x480

1404156566.jpg~320x480

1404156564.jpg~320x480

It's a decent replica for under $100. It has a nice heft to it but it is a little inaccurate. It's missing the fin underneath the magazine box that was present for the TV show but not there for the movie.

For quite some time, QMX QC had HORRIBLE problems getting them out with a straight barrel. I've read and seen pictures on incredibly bent or misaligned, ie front site offset to the left or right. Mine isn't bad but I can tell it's not 100% straight I can live with it and most people if any pick it up to look at it won't notice. I'm happy enough with it and it looks good on the shelf :gun:

Looks great (y)

jsarino

S. Dakota Jones said:
I have "Those Left Behind" and the new "Leaves on the Wind" series.

They are pretty good, I don't know how long the "LOTW" series is going to be but it's up to 6 or 7 books now(I'm a little behind at book 5). I want to get "A Shepherd's Tale", and I think there's another one out there but I can't remember for sure.

I take it you'd have to buy each one individually, right? I will run by the local comic shop near my work and start ordering them. :)

BTW, Mal's pistol? That looks awesome!

Drones33 said:
Favourite `Firefly` episodes anyone?

`Out of Gas` is the one for me.:)

I think it changes for me every time I rewatch them, but at the moment, for me, it's "Jaynestown". "The Ballad of Jayne Cobb" was hilarious, and then...

tumblr_mi2r0aHc1v1s07eqao1_400.jpg

S. Dakota Jones

"Those left behind" and "a shepherd's tale" can be found in graphic novel form, ie collection of the series. "Leaves on the Wind", is a current series but im not sure how many issues its going to be.

My favorite episode is either "Out of Gas" because I love seeing how the crew came to be, and any episode with Catherine hicks. "A very special kind of hell" or "Yo-saff-bridge"...of course theres also "I'll be in my bunk", "captain tightpants", and "well, I'm alright."