How Will it End?

jones

I was thinking the same thing Jones_86. That was an awesome ending to end off the trilogy. That's why I keep saying, they don't need a surprise. They need an ending to finish it off. If this is infact the Last Indy. Like dying isn't the way to end a trilogy. Passing, eh it kinda would be a good way to end it, but in a way it's a really sucky ending(Let's not get into that subjet again). Wonder what they'll do.

bob

To be quite honest i agree with the Joneses I was quite happy with the ending of Last Crusade.
But hopefully they can try something outside the formula of the trilogy, i mean who really wants to see an Indy film which is a rip off of Raiders and LC, the formula worked well twice I do not think it would work well three times.

I say different times Different Indy, let Indy IV be the epliouge of Indy, i dont nessecerily want plot twists i just want something different.

Let Last Crusade be the end of the Indy of the Trilogy, just as Young Indy ended let the new post war Indy be something entirely different having different experiences.

jones

I want Indy IV tobe a part of the trilogy. Although it won't be called that anymore! It would be interesting to have 3 new Indy films when Harrison Ford is older now. Tat would be cool.

Indyz Azn Gurl

I don't think he's gonna die.
Didn't the timeline say something like he lived up to at least 1992?? And had an eyepatch?? :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his eye in this film.

jones

He's not gunna die. No way. Ford said he enjoyed playing Indiana Jones more then any other character in his other movies. He wouldn't approve of the script if they kill him off. And it's just plain stupid to do that anyways.

wolfgang

I don't think he's gonna die.
Didn't the timeline say something like he lived up to at least 1992?? And had an eyepatch??

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his eye in this film.

well in the script "the sword of author" he did lost an eye. i wont mind if he looses one but wouldnt he look like snake plitsken in "escape from new york"?

jones

I don't think it'll have any refrence to The YIJC. A lot of people havn't seen them. And wouldn't know. I really don't think they'll have any refrence to that.

bob

I dont think the Old Indy pieces are really offical now as they have been taken out, but that doesnt nescerilly have anything to do with it as it simply made the episodes tighter.

Jones_86

I agree. Indy can't die.

I remember reading an article here on theraider.net about why the Indy trilogy was so great. It mentioned the "pushing of the envelope." That's all I hope for in Indy IV. I don't want it to be too over-the-top or extreme(like the saucermen and monkey king stories.) If you remember, the Monkey King featured an extremely bizarre ending. I believe it "pushed the envelope" too far.

OUT

wolfgang

come on jones 86. spoil to me the monkey king ending. i ahvent read it yet. i would like to know what ending did the harry potter director gave our hero!!!

bob

That Monkey King script had some great ideas, but it just wasnt Indy there was a good idea then an abysmal idea. It was like Leonardo Di Vinci painting The Mona Lisa and then throwing manure over it!.

The ending should not have death in it in my opinion but something that brings the Indy Franchise to an (Symbolic or real end), because in five years time i do not want to be debating for an Indy V with harrision in it.
I dunno maybe the ending could just be Indy putting his fetora away or throwing it away, and then his son finds it and puts it in his pocket....
because i want to see Indy IV as the end of the adventures of Indiana Jones at least in the form that they are in at the moment, perhaps the franchise could be reborn with someone else playing Indy or the franchise reenvigorated by his son, but personally by the mid 50's it is not Indys world anymore, he by the 50's is a dinosaur.

Tequileros

This could be a very cool idea bob!

At the end of the movie, after going trough loads of dangerous situations that gave him loads of serious wounds, he trows his hat down to the hill and the fedora takes dust.

Now we can make Indiana Jones movies with another actor in another time set, maybe 2000.
In the beginning of the movie, a archeologist finds the hat at the bottom of the hill and a new hero is born!

vornoff

wolfgang said:
come on jones 86. spoil to me the monkey king ending. i ahvent read it yet. i would like to know what ending did the harry potter director gave our hero!!!

Indy died and was then brought back to life by the Monkey King.

btw The Monkey King script is not as sadly many believe a possible Indy 4 script, instead its a 15 year old script which was under consideration for Indy 3...

jones

Monkey King sounds a little childish. Not good enough for an Indy movie title in my opinion. I dont think he should pass it, die, or just throw his fedora away or anything. That wouldn't be a happy ending.

Jones_86

sorry wolfgang....i didn't want to spoil it...haha

To me it "pushed the envelope" too far...but i'm sure the combined powers of the big 3 will put together another classic....hey, if it's successful, i don't see why we can't see more Indy movies in the future like you've all said....thanks for listening

OUT

C

Circe

Americans are obsessed with happy endings. I personally think it would give Spielberg some artistic freedom to add a dramatic/bittersweet ending (it would be a bit more realistic too).

[Edited by Circe on 06-26-2002 at 11:51 PM]

bob

So many posts lost.....

Anyway I think that Indy IV should end Indys carrer as an archaeologist at least, or at least as the pulp hero. As surely we do not want Indy to be around in the 60's doing what he has always done. In Raiders we saw in Marcus a future Indy, more of an antiquarian than a field man.

However seeing GL's obsession with Mythic Hero's (shown in Star Wars and LC) we must see Indy redeem himself in some way, what i mean is that for instance in Raiders he gets nothing out of the adventure because he hadnt changed, in ToD he redeemed his sceptisim and indifference by embracing the Power of the Stones and freeing the sprogs, while in LC he had faith and saved his father. Now we will need to see something similar again if Indy is to end his carrer.
Although I'm probably reading too much into some films.