2. The Social Network
3. Animal Kingdom
4. I Am Love
5. Tangled
6. True Grit
7. The Town
8. Greenberg
9. Cyrus
10. Enter the Void (?Hands down best credit scene of the year ? Maybe best credit scene of the decade. One of the greatest in cinema history.? QT)
11. Kick-Ass
12. Knight and Day
13. Get Him to the Greek
14. The Fighter
15. The King's Speech
16. The Kids Are All Right
17. How to Train Your Dragon
18. Robin Hood
19. Amer
20. Jackass 3-D

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
The Social Network really..... wow and Whys True Grit on there more like True ****
...what? I agree the list does seem more like a list of "Best Box-Office Successes" than "Best Films (Artistically-Speaking)," but The Social Network and True Grit are pretty good films, even if one film was more up-front about the fact that's fiction.

But hey, don't take my word for it.

Insomniac

lol at the list and at Will Kill for Food.
REEADING RAINBOW.

TRUE GRIT WASN'T BAD AND TOY STORY MADE THE TEARS COME OUT.

TheMutt92

Tarantino represents the film geek in all us, and I kinda wish more top 10 (or 20 in this case) lists were more like this, a balanced mix between mainstream and independent fare.

While some of his choices are a bit odd (Knight and Day anyone? To me it was just okay, but I guess it must've had some 60's flare that Tarantino got into), I agree w/ at least the films I've seen on his list (figured he'd get a kick outta True Grit and Kick-Ass). Robin Hood is an interesting surprise, as well as the inclusion of three animated films (especially Toy Story 3) at number one... who'd have figured?)

Joe Brody

Clearly, the list shows just how slim the pickings are these days in terms of quality films. I agree, for example, that The Town was one of the year's better films but it was maddeningly inconsistent with admittedly derivative (Heat and The Departed) elements, ham-handed exposition and questionable acting. It was a film that just didn't need to be made.

As to QT's rankings, sadly, I suspect the result has more than a little to do with pumping cronies and slighting others (like his omitting Somewhere). For example, Knight and Day, Get Him To the Greek and freaking Robin Hood make the top twenty but there's no 127 Hours?

Last edited: