Match wits against the geekiest of us all.

Rave&wood

Ok Old Bum, you got the Raiders one (close enough).
Now the Temple of Doom reference. This is the tricky one......

Stunty- I can really only think of twice. In Temple of Doom at the very end of Spike Room scene, and Last Crusade on top of tank. Is there one in Raiders?

IJstuntman23

I think i got the TOD line...

ITs in the Bar scene when Indy gets introduced to Willie...

willie says
-"I always thought that archaeologists were funny little men always chasing after their mommies"

Indy replies
-"Mummies"

question for ya'll

what is one the chalkboard before Indy flips it over to draw the description of the staff of RA???

Rave&wood

Stunty got the TOD line!
A worthy adversary so close to my own level.
Is it a math problem Stunty?

And just in case Im right, my next question-

In Last Crusade,
Name the person who performed in STAR WARS, and Harry Potter, in addition to this Indy movie.
Bonus- Name the three actors who are in Last Crusade who are also in Empire Strikes back.
Follow up Double Bonus- Name two other people, not yet mentioned in this multi part question, who are in Last Crusade, and are also in other franchises (movies with multiple sequels) besides Indy.
Final Bonus-Name the actor that played a Bad guy in Last Crusade that wasnt an answer to any of these, that appeared in another film that won Best Picture.

TheOldBum

Dibs on the double bonus or whatever:

Sean Connery with Bond and John Ryes-Davies with Lord of the Rings. Hoping those weren't answers to the first two questions.

Cheers,

The Old Bum

TheOldBum

I got one for you: who was the actor who played Indiana Jones in all three movies?

Good luck, and no cheating!

The Old Bum

IJstuntman23

Yes Raven it is math.......square roots to be exact.

and in reguards to your question......i just got back from work and it 3:30am EST so i am too tired to think...but tom when i get up and get back from my classes i will take a good stab at it.

------------

The quest for the grail , its not arcaeology, its a race against evil, if it is captured by the Nazis, the armies of darkness with march all ove rthe face of the universe. do you understand me?

IJstuntman23

Bum i am confused with your question......i want to say the obvious man, Harrison Ford...but that seems to easy...so i am confused?? can you clarify?

--------------------------------
where'd you get this, from him?

Rave&wood

Bums just being a ....bum.
Come on and take a stab at mine Stunty! Its not all that hard. Bum got one of the bonuses right.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Things might be more clear to everyone if each of you could quote the message you're responding to ...

IJstuntman23

And just in case Im right, my next question-

In Last Crusade,
Name the person who performed in STAR WARS, and Harry Potter, in addition to this Indy movie.
Bonus- Name the three actors who are in Last Crusade who are also in Empire Strikes back.
Follow up Double Bonus- Name two other people, not yet mentioned in this multi part question, who are in Last Crusade, and are also in other franchises (movies with multiple sequels) besides Indy.
Final Bonus-Name the actor that played a Bad guy in Last Crusade that wasnt an answer to any of these, that appeared in another film that won Best Picture.
[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

well Raven i will say this...i never saw Harry Potter..but my stab at it would be Julian Glover.

And i can name 2/3 of the Bonus and say it was Harrison Ford and Julian Glover....and i think that the third was one of the Colonels? Maybe Goblar?

Like i said i never saw Harry Potter and i like star wars tremensly....but no where near as much as i am obcessed with IJ

Rave&wood

Stunty youre mostly right.
In Last Crusade,
The answer is indeed Julian Glover. In addition to playing Donovan in Last Crusade, he famously portrayed General Veers in Empire, and (not so famously) was the voice of Aragog the Giant Spider in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
Well first of all, Julian Glover as Veers . Obviously Harrison as Han Solo, and finally Michael Sheard who played Adolf Hitler in Last Crusade, played Admiral Ozzel (as clumsy as he is stupid) in Empire. Funny thing is, not only did he play Hitler in like four other films, he also played the U-boat captain in Raiders.
Follow up Double Bonus- Name two other people, not yet mentioned in this multi part question, who are in Last Crusade, and are also in other franchises (movies with multiple sequels) besides Indy. John Rhys Davies , Sallah, also played Gimli in the Lord of the Rings franchise, and Sean Connery played ..duh.. James Bond in the James Bond franchise. I guess you could say (because of the way i worded the question), that he was also in the "Jack Ryan" franchise, as Marco Ramius in Hunt for Red October.
The guy that played nazi Vogel (Michael Byrne), also played Smythe in Braveheart, the gross old guy that tried to defile Mel's wife and led to the beginning of the end for the English. Oddly enough, he also was in the Jack Ryan franchise, in Sum of All Fears, though neither he nor Connery were around when Harrison was Ryan, they both played with different Ryans, Connery with Alec Baldwin, Byrne with Ben Affleck. man we were cheated out of some cool harrison movies!

[Edited by Rave&wood on 10-30-2003 at 12:13 pm]

Blofeld

Okay...what actor, already involved in a television sci-fi franchise, was under consideration to play Indiana Jones in Raiders?

Blofeld

Nope, not even close.....

Answer this question, if you can before we move to teh next one.

Hint....this franchise from the late 1970s is making a comeback this fall....

IJstuntman23

Heres a question......

What is the color of the knife indy uses to attemps to cut Maerions rope when she is tied to the pole in Belleoqs tent?

Pale Horse

Staff member
IJstuntman23

Heres a question......

What is the color of the knife indy uses to attemps to cut Maerions rope when she is tied to the pole in Belleoqs tent?

It's a deer horn folding knife, similar to the ones you use in the Boy Scout organization.