Short Round in Indy 5, Who's with me?

lao che & sons

mr.kotcs said:
I'm thinking of countries involved in wars at the time. I don't think China was a major part of the Veitnam war or the Korean War. If we could fit China in there somehow, that would be my idea. I really would like him in Indy 5 so I'm really trying hard to find something.

Ok, I think I see where your soming from now. Perhaps the koreans ask him to work for them and if he doesn't then he dies or something... But by 1959, the communist had taken over china so even though china wasn't a huge part in vietnam but they were still a part of the cold war. Many people here even think that the chinese may be the villains for indy 5. You never know. As for now it's all just opinion and speculation.:p

lao che & sons

ronicle said:
No.. I don't think Marion would have appreciated x-girl-friends at the wedding... "Honey... these are all the women that weren't you!" lol
Yeah, that's true. Marion would never agree to letting indy's x's coming to the wedding.

JP Jones

lao che & sons said:
Ok, I think I see where your soming from now. Perhaps the koreans ask him to work for them and if he doesn't then he dies or something... But by 1959, the communist had taken over china so even though china wasn't a huge part in vietnam but they were still a part of the cold war. Many people here even think that the chinese may be the villains for indy 5. You never know. As for now it's all just opinion and speculation.:p
Got an idea Lao che. O.K., Lao che and sons are the villians, Shorty being Chinese is helping them find the McGuffin. He turns on them and starts working with indy.

lao che & sons

mr.kotcs said:
Got an idea Lao che. O.K., Lao che and sons are the villians, Shorty being Chinese is helping them find the McGuffin. He turns on them and starts working with indy.

That's could work. But just an add on to your idea... what if they were italian gangsters? Only because roy chiao died, of course they could always get another actor to play lao.:D

Lance Quazar

I really don't like the idea of Shorty as a villain, nor do I think he'd be aiding Communist China.

I suspect at the time of KOTCS he'd be living in the US and would be pretty upset at what was going on in his homeland.

If he didn't die in the war, that is...

Lance Quazar said:

There you go...recast shorty and make him a translator or spy/double agent that Indy is given as a contact by an old OSS friend.

Neither of them realize who the other is, until they drop a few snide comments they picked up from each other.

Shorty?

Indy?

...then Shorty gets killed.(y)

AlivePoet

Rocket Surgeon said:
There you go...recast shorty and make him a translator or spy/double agent that Indy is given as a contact by an old OSS friend.

Neither of them realize who the other is, until they drop a few snide comments they picked up from each other.

Shorty?

Indy?

"Dad?" *plop*

Yep, it's The Godfather III all over again. Only difference: Shorty is loved, Sophia Copolla was loathed.

Stoo

mr.kotcs said:
My second question is; Does anybody want more Short Round?
(If Indy 5 does happen, of corse.)
Not in another movie! Books, comics, etc. yes, but in Indy 5? NO!(n) Anyway, if you look at the multitude of other threads on this very same subject, you'll find all sorts of opnions on Short Round returning.
Udvarnoky said:
Who knows if he was asked or not.
Ke Quan *was* asked to make a brief appearance but it didn't pan out. (Ravenhead Rhys135 got this scoop from Quan, himself, at a UK convention several months ago.)
Lance Quazar said:
According to, "The Lost Journal", Shorty is still alive in 1957.

col.dietrich

the reason why short round worked in temple of doom, is because he was the comic relife factor in a very dark film. he would only work if indy 5 is dark

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:

Shorty?

Indy?

If not for Willie, the "stwong bwidge" probably would have been the end of Shorty..

lao che & sons

Lance Quazar said:
I really don't like the idea of Shorty as a villain, nor do I think he'd be aiding Communist China.

I suspect at the time of KOTCS he'd be living in the US and would be pretty upset at what was going on in his homeland.

exactly!:D That's what I'm thinking. but shorty is alive. it says in the lost diary of indiana jones that he's alive in 1957.

Robyn

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Ever notice how the hole left by Shortie just disappears after that small scene?

Now that you mention it, I'll have to go back and look! lol I like Shorty, but man that was stupid when he started jumping up and down on the bridge lol

Meerkat

It would be a nice reunion for Indy and Shorty, but it would also be kind of...awkward to have a teenage (adult, maybe?) Short Round. I think it's best just to leave him the way he is- a cute little kid ^.^

JP Jones said:
I've been thinking lately of how Shorty could tie into an other Indy film.
So my first question is; Any ideas?
I've also been super excited with some of the ideas I have (Somehow I think they're going to be used in the movie)
My second question is; Does anybody want more Short Round?
(If Indy 5 does happen, of corse.)
I think that would be pretty good, but! The guy who plays Short Round looks kind of spooky you could say.

This is when he looked good!
short_round.jpg

And now.
imagen_jonathan_ke_quan_0102_0.jpg

emtiem

I've no interest in seeing Shorty again. It would just bog the movie down: Indy doesn't have to meet up with every single person he's ever met- it's tiring backstory we don't need.
Did you see Lethal Weapon 4? Where every incidental character to ever feature in any of the films made it onto the poster? Tiring old rubbish: no thanks.