Mutt or Marion (or even Short Round) in Indy 5?

Would you like Mutt or Marion in Indy 5?

• Yes I would like Mutt in Indy 5

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Yes I would like Marion in Indy 5

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No I don't want Mutt in Indy 5

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No I don't want Marion in Indy 5

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Both Mutt and Marion in Indy 5

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
I've heard people don't like Mutt, so would anyone want him in Indy 5? I would like Marion to be in the next Indiana Jones, I saw part of KOTCS my brother plaayed some of the movie, but I never got to see Mutt or Marion.

Please vote, Thanks (y)

Corporal Kruger

I think they would both have to be present in some capacity as they have now been established as Indy's family. Perhaps just having the three of them together on an adventure would somewhat mimic the family dynamic in Temple.

mister64

I liked Mutt and Marion in KOTCS and would like them both in Indy 5. Marion doesn't need to go along for the adventure though, having the whole family accompany Indy would be too much like National Treasure 2. Mutt can be Indy's sidekick, and Indy can introduce him to Sallah (even Short Round too) while they're out adventuring.

Marion could solve puzzles and riddles when Indy needs to solve a problem, and yes Mutt would be a good sidekick. And in one scene Marion is running from villans ;)

emtiem

They'd have to be in it in some way: you can't set them up and then get rid of them straight away. I would however, leave Marion at home and perhaps have Mutt join Indy near the end. It's more important to have Mutt there, but they'd have do something different to KOTCS. I still like the idea of Indy having to go on run hence leaving Marion behind; she can have a nice scene where she fools the cops looking for Indy or something. She can then call up Mutt (who has since joined the Army; just like dad did) and he can spend the film trying to track down Indy to help him along with a couple of army buds.

Stoo

IndyWolf15 said:
I saw part of KOTCS my brother plaayed some of the movie, but I never got to see Mutt or Marion.
So the movie came out over 1.5 years ago and you've only seen the first 20 minutes?:rolleyes:
IndyWolf15 said:
and yes Mutt would be a good sidekick.
How could you possibly have an opnion if you've never seen Mutt in action?:confused:

Personally, I like Mutt but can't vote on the poll because you didn't include the option of: Neither Mutt nor Marion in Indy V.

It doesn't when the movie came out Stoo or how much I've seen, if I can't go to the Theather or don't have the money to buy the movie, I watched on the internet, you see it takes along time to stream on my computer. And even if I haven't seen Mutt, whats wrong with me wishing for him to be in the next film?

Robyn

I want Marion in Indy 5!!!(I'm sure most of you knew I would say that..) I know Mutt WILL be in it, but I wouldn't care if he wasn't. Definitely not one of my favorite characters.

Tiffany, Stoo's tryin to say it's impossible for you to know who you would like in Indy 5 if you have never seen their characters before?

And even if you're low on money, you could have rented it for a few bucks! ;)

And Stoo, you don't like Marion at all???

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

I wouldn't mind both in the movie, but not as the main characters. You could quickly establish Mutt in school and Marion perhaps being a caring wife not wanting Indy to go on his next adventure. They get some screen time at the beginning and end.

Robyn

DocWhiskey said:
I wouldn't mind both in the movie, but not as the main characters. You could quickly establish Mutt in school and Marion perhaps being a caring wife not wanting Indy to go on his next adventure. They get some screen time at the beginning and end.

I want Marion to get in on at least some of the adventure.;)

kongisking

mister64 said:
I liked Mutt and Marion in KOTCS and would like them both in Indy 5. Marion doesn't need to go along for the adventure though, having the whole family accompany Indy would be too much like National Treasure 2. Mutt can be Indy's sidekick, and Indy can introduce him to Sallah (even Short Round too) while they're out adventuring.

I can imagine Shorty's reaction upon meeting Mutt: "Wow, Dr. Jones, you did find time for love, after all!" :p

Hanselation

In my mind, it doesn't make sense to bring Marion back in Indy 5 (except in the intro or in the last ("The heroes are coming-home")-Scene. The Marion stories are told and I don't like more family ties in an Indiana Jones movie.
And I think, that Steven would like very much, that Shia has a big role in Indy 5 besides Harrison, so there will be no choise for us.
Mutt- Yes
Marion -No

The Drifter

I want neither in Indy 5. I never cared much for Marion at all. The character gets on my nerves almost as bad as Willie.
Mutt is a good character, but I don't want him in the next installment. I want Indiana Jones V to focus of Professor Henry Jones Jr. and nobody else.

I knew Robyn would pick Marion ;)

BTW I did read some of KOTCS comic book, I got to the part where Mutt and Indy are on the motorcycle getting away from the villians at the college, I don't know if its true to the movie. But I like him as a person in the comic book, motorcycle and Shades :D

Darth Vile

IndyWolf15 said:
BTW I did read some of KOTCS comic book, I got to the part where Mutt and Indy are on the motorcycle getting away from the villians at the college, I don't know if its true to the movie. But I like him as a person in the comic book, motorcycle and Shades :D

Not meant as a slight (so please don't take offence)... but I can't believe that someone on a dedicated Indy site would not have seen KOTCS... or read the novel... or read the entire comic book. I would have stopped eating for a week to ensure I could afford a cinema ticket. ;)

Darth Vile said:
Not meant as a slight (so please don't take offence)... but I can't believe that someone on a dedicated Indy site would not have seen KOTCS... or read the novel... or read the entire comic book. I would have stopped eating for a week to ensure I could afford a cinema ticket. ;)
Well I'm not allowed to go to Theaters. And I was reading the book in a book store.

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
Well I'm not allowed to go to Theaters. And I was reading the book in a book store.

Yeah, this guy may be sitting next to you in the theater.
PeeWeeHerman.jpg

Scary thought, eh? But, beyond that; theaters aren't so bad.

mister64

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Yeah, this guy may be sitting next to you in the theater.
PeeWeeHerman.jpg

Scary thought, eh? But, beyond that; theaters aren't so bad.

Sometimes he's in the bookstore too though!

Stoo

IndyWolf15 said:
It doesn't when the movie came out Stoo or how much I've seen, if I can't go to the Theather or don't have the money to buy the movie, I watched on the internet, you see it takes along time to stream on my computer. And even if I haven't seen Mutt, whats wrong with me wishing for him to be in the next film?
Well, it does matter quite frankly because when you write something like this:
IndyWolf15 said:
The best part in KOTCS was the bomb where Indy gets in the refrigerator.
...how could you possibly know if that's the "best part" when you haven't seen the entire movie or read the complete comic book? If you still don't know the story at this point then wishing for Mutt to return in the next film shouldn't matter since you probably WON'T be seeing that one either!:p

Which website were you streaming the film from? Did you have to pay to watch it? Why don't you go and rent the movie from a video store?

IndyWolf15 said:
Well I'm not allowed to go to Theaters.
:confused:I don't understand, honestly. Please explain.
Robyn said:
And Stoo, you don't like Marion at all???
In "Raiders" and the Marvel comics, yes, of course! In "Skull", no.:(