Mutt's Future

IAdventurer01

I know there has been fierce debate on whether or not Mutt should be "pick up the hat," most very very against it, as I am.

However, with all the discussion about this, I don't think anyone has brought up exactly what they think Mutt will do with his future. Personally, I don't think he'll take over Indy's role, although he may have a few smaller inspired adventures, I see him taking Indy's path in doing what he wants to do. That is, he's going to become a mechanic. ;)

What does everyone else think?

The Drifter

IAdventurer01 said:
I know there has been fierce debate on whether or not Mutt should be "pick up the hat," most very very against it, as I am.

However, with all the discussion about this, I don't think anyone has brought up exactly what they think Mutt will do with his future. Personally, I don't think he'll take over Indy's role, although he may have a few smaller inspired adventures, I see him taking Indy's path in doing what he wants to do. That is, he's going to become a mechanic. ;)

What does everyone else think?

Mutt seemed to be very interested in the whole "ancient artifact" thing while following Indy on their adventure.
I honestly can see him enrolling in Indy's class and going on adventures like his father.

Meerkat

IAdventurer01 said:
That is, he's going to become a mechanic.

Exactly my thoughts.
Other than that...Mutt isn't very mature. It could be the only job people could think he was ever cut out for...

DocWhiskey

Well, I think the adventure he had with Indy matured him quite a bit.

Discovering lost civilizations, finding out who your real father is, coming face to face with an alien, you know, the usual.

AnnieJones

IAdventurer01 said:
I see him taking Indy's path in doing what he wants to do. That is, he's going to become a mechanic. ;)
Lonsome_Drifter said:
Mutt seemed to be very interested in the whole "ancient artifact" thing while following Indy on their adventure.
I honestly can see him enrolling in Indy's class and going on adventures like his father.
Yes he did seem interested in ancient history and he seemed fascinated with everything Indiana had to say(which I also thought was good father and son bonding moments,even though at the time they didn't even know they were related).I hope Mutt gets to do both,be a mechanic and have adventures looking for ancient artifacts.I imagined him becoming a student in Indy's class when I saw the movie in the theater.

What Letter?

AnnieJones said:
Yes he did seem interested in ancient history and he seemed fascinated with everything Indiana had to say(which I also thought was good father and son bonding moments,even though at the time they didn't even know they were related).I hope Mutt gets to do both,be a mechanic and have adventures looking for ancient artifacts.I imagined him becoming a student in Indy's class when I saw the movie in the theater.

I can see him doing a little of both. I see him in a classroom setting. Cracking jokes but being very interested. If they plan on continuing with Mutt and Indy, he needs to know a bit about what they are after. It can't keep being a Indy teaches Mutt lesson. In his spare time he could very well be working on bikes/cars and whatnot.

AnnieJones

What Letter? said:
I can see him doing a little of both. I see him in a classroom setting. Cracking jokes but being very interested. If they plan on continuing with Mutt and Indy, he needs to know a bit about what they are after. It can't keep being a Indy teaches Mutt lesson. In his spare time he could very well be working on bikes/cars and whatnot.
Exactly!(y) :hat:

Yure

If adventure has a name,it's INDIANA JONES, not Mutt Williams ;)

I can see a spinoff series, Mutt is unpopular between fans, but if Steven&George have to raise some doh later from the franchise, unfortunately I can't see how it can be avoided.

Le Saboteur

The crushing weight of history is against Mutt having any grand adventures like his daddy. Instead, he'll end up in New York one day, discover Dylan in another couple of years, and eventually end up in the Haight-Ashbury in time for the hippie movement.

The outlying results of a bad acid trip will be the last we ever hear about Mutt. Or he'll get fragged in Vietnam. Either outcome will be acceptable.

Peru1936

Le Saboteur said:
The crushing weight of history is against Mutt having any grand adventures like his daddy. Instead, he'll end up in New York one day, discover Dylan in another couple of years, and eventually end up in the Haight-Ashbury in time for the hippie movement.

The outlying results of a bad acid trip will be the last we ever hear about Mutt. Or he'll get fragged in Vietnam. Either outcome will be acceptable.

I can see Mutt discovering the Stones before Dylan.

Peru1936

Montana Smith said:
Would he name them after the Sankara Stones or the Rolling Raiders Boulder?

:D

That's not the kind of discovery I meant, but if it was I'd say the Sankara Stones. "The Stones" just sounds better than "The Boulder."

Montana Smith

Peru1936 said:
:D

That's not the kind of discovery I meant, but if it was I'd say the Sankara Stones. "The Stones" just sounds better than "The Boulder."

'The Rolling Boulders' - they gather no moss, but may contain scrapings of unwary archaeologists...

Uki

I had an idea (which I thought was fun) in which Mutt, newly enrolled at Marshall, has his eyes on a pretty young student (played by Natalie Portman, perhaps, in nod to the rumors she would be in Indy 4). Now, this girl is a huge fan of Dr. Jones and has followed his exploits for years, collecting articles and papers in a srapbook. She also has a link (perhaps through family or maybe she's just discovered something) to some artifact/adventure. She plans on approaching her professor about it, but Indy blows her off, ever the skeptic, despite it all.
Mutt seizes the opportunity to impress her, drawing on his "considerable" (in his eyes) experience with this sort of adventuring, and the two set off on a quest. Indy, learning of his son's foolish plan, goes afte the kids, and your story is set up.

Just my ideas, but I think that Mutt would learn his lesson and leave the adventures to Dad. ;)