The Black Sleep of Kali

Jackson

I was watching temple the other day and found myself wanting more detail from the scene where Indiana goes into the Black sleep of Kali.. Perhaps they could have gone more into his head showed some hallucinations in Indy's mind.. Fighting with Kali the destroyer and seeing the dark light and its power maybe meeting Shiva the second before Short Round wakes him up with the torch.. Shiva could then tell him HIS TRUTH and we the audience can learn more about how Indy comes to know the magick words he yells to Mola Ram that makes the diamonds in the stones glow as they burn through his bag while they are hanging on the bridge?? Anyway, still praying for Indy 5 but I got a bad feeling there will not be a fifth coming of Indy unless Lucas and his badley bruised ego are writing it right now.
Long Live Indiana Jones:whip:

Jackson
www.spindlequest.com

Indy's brother

Jackson said:
Anyway, still praying for Indy 5 but I got a bad feeling there will not be a fifth coming of Indy unless Lucas and his badley bruised ego are writing it right now.
Long Live Indiana Jones:whip:

Jackson
www.spindlequest.com

Lucas doesn't give a rip about what the audience thinks. If anything, he blames us for not appreciating his genius. He'll do one if he wants to. If he doesn't want to, he won't. It's actually that simple. As far as Indy knowing what to say in Hindi, I just assumed that he knew something about it from his years of study.

Stoo

Jackson said:
I was watching temple the other day and found myself wanting more detail from the scene where Indiana goes into the Black sleep of Kali.. Perhaps they could have gone more into his head showed some hallucinations in Indy's mind..
Like the other guys have suggested, check out the novel, Jackson. It gives the detail you're looking for because it goes right into Indy's hallucinating head.:eek:
Indy's brother said:
As far as Indy knowing what to say in Hindi, I just assumed that he knew something about it from his years of study.
That was my assumption, as well.
Montana Smith said:
You might also find something in these two threads:

What was in the blood of Kali?

Thuggee - Fact & Fiction
Been meaning to rejuvinate the Thuggee thread for awhile now because there is so much more to say. (I went on vacation and returned to find that WillKill4Food had derailed the topic by complaining about the film's portrayal of Hindus!(n))

The Drifter

I've always wondered if Mola Ram was under the black sleep of Kali. And if so, was he awakened by being burned by the stone only moments before his death? Poor Mola, brought from the black sleep, only to find himself freefalling into the awaiting jaws of hungry crocodiles.

Stoo

The Drifter said:
I've always wondered if Mola Ram was under the black sleep of Kali. And if so, was he awakened by being burned by the stone only moments before his death? Poor Mola, brought from the black sleep, only to find himself freefalling into the awaiting jaws of hungry crocodiles.
Here's a thread for you, Drifty: Who was under the black sleep of Kali?

foreverwingnut

I love Drifter's observation about the possibility that Mola Ram might have come out of the Black Sleep at the end. That angle had never occured to me. However, I'm not sure that Ram would have had to be under the influence of the Black Sleep of Kali like others. He seems to be a loyal follower of his own accord, which might explain why he had special powers bestowed upon him by Kali. As the one who started the new era of the cult, he would have been the one to admiister the potion to others and bring them under his influence. Of course, it's certainly possible that Ram drank his own potion as a means to prove his loyalty. Either way, it seems he would have been in full control of his faculties at the very moment of his grisly death. Great thread!

Marshall2288

I'll have to watch the movie under the assumption that Mola ram was under the Black Sleep and see if it fits. Like others, I just assumed he was in the cult free will.