Could Islam be the next holy relic?

JediIndy

Think about it folks. By using inductive and deductive reasoning, we've seen the first three Indiana films pursue an object of one of the major religons. The first was Judiasm, the second was Hinduism and the third was Christianity. What if the fourth film Indy pursues a object of Islam?

Personally I think this is a cool idea, but it will not be done because the tensions between the west and Islam after 9/11. But what if they did do a story with a Islamic relic. Islam is a very spirtually cool and interesting religion. Indy could go to Saudia Arabia and Mecca with Sallah.

But what would he pursue? Is anyone Muslim on these boards? I am sorry I am not that familiar with Islam. Only the Koran and Mohammad's writings.

I think this is a great idea and would make a great movie. What do you folks think? :confused:

Finn

Staff member
JediIndy said:
Personally I think this is a cool idea, but it will not be done because the tensions between the west and Islam after 9/11. But what if they did do a story with a Islamic relic. Islam is a very spirtually cool and interesting religion. Indy could go to Saudia Arabia and Mecca with Sallah.
For one, Indy couldn't "legally" go to Mecca as it is a city only muslims are allowed to enter. And I don't think that they'd risk arousing the tensions more, as some islamic persons and organizatios wouldn't approve displaying an infidel sneaking into their holy city. I recommend checking the facts before making suggestions.

Otherwise pursuing an islamic relic is not a bad idea...

JediIndy

Your probably right Finn. But I must admit, sneaking into a city outlawed to westerners sounds very exciting, almost like a movie! Personally I hope George or Steven pursue an object of Islam or Bhuddism than another boring Judeo - Christian relic. I don't know, the spear of Longinus, the staff of moses just doesn't cut if for me. It rings of been there done that. But Islam is different and new. If done well and researched properly and not embellished like they did with Hinduism and the Sankara Stones, it could even educate western people on Islam and lessen Ignorance on westerners viewpoint on Islam.

Well those are my thoughts. :p

garzo

temple of john said:
Yeah...it sounds like a great idea until all the camel jockeys declare a "Jihad" against Indy 4 and start crashing planes into every ****ing thing standing. Bomb em' all!!!

Man, just browsing through the boards and i just couldn't believe this crap. . . How can this blatant racsist garbage be tolerated on these boards? It's not just an insult to Indy fans and to Indy films, but also to basic human decency.

I would hope that those of us who love Indy love the idea of exploring other cultures around the world and the adventure inherent in discovering other lands -- not destroying them.

It's sad to see so that this kind of crap goes unanswered for so long.

Is it OK for someone to come here and write deragatory tirades about the evil Americans? Or Blacks? Jews? Hispanics? Is it OK to use deragatory terms for them as well?

It's pretty shocking that this kind of crap is tolerated here, especially among Indy fans.

roundshort

garzo said:
Man, just browsing through the boards and i just couldn't believe this crap. . . How can this blatant racsist garbage be tolerated on these boards? It's not just an insult to Indy fans and to Indy films, but also to basic human decency.

I would hope that those of us who love Indy love the idea of exploring other cultures around the world and the adventure inherent in discovering other lands -- not destroying them.

It's sad to see so that this kind of crap goes unanswered for so long.

Is it OK for someone to come here and write deragatory tirades about the evil Americans? Or Blacks? Jews? Hispanics? Is it OK to use deragatory terms for them as well?

It's pretty shocking that this kind of crap is tolerated here, especially among Indy fans.

Garzo, the Razen is a tough place, you might have to clean out the sand and toughen up a bit. It is a bar after all, not a salon! Also, here at the Raven we this thing called humor, you a joke, you tell 'em! Lighten up bub, grab a cold one and enjoy!

Oh, and I do think somepeople crashed some planes into some of our buildings in the U.S., casued some damage, killed a some people, happened just a few years ago. . .oh then that little thing about some CARTOONS causeing a riot, some damage, some people killed . . .hmmm HOW dare temple make these CRAZY accusations about jihads . . .

I personally think this mohomad guy is a joke . . .but I respect anyone who wants to follow him.

Last edited:

garzo

roundshort said:
Garzo, the Razen is a tough place, you might have to clean out the sand and toughen up a bit. It is a bar after all, not a salon! Also, here at the Raven we this thing called humor, you a joke, you tell 'em! Lighten up bub, grab a cold one and enjoy!

Roundshort, I am new here and just not used to this kind of commentary. Stuff like that is just inflammatory and if I were an Iraqi or Afghani Indy fan I'd really be fuming. But OK, this is obviously a sleezy and dangerous joint where anything goes, so I'll keep me mouth shut and have a drink and watch my step.

Grizzlor

As far as I know the Saudis have claimed to hold every major artifact related to Mohammed. What would Indy go for?

I don't know that he has to go after a religious artifact? He certainly didn't need to in FoA, Infernal Machine, and Emporer's Tomb games.

roundshort

garzo said:
Roundshort, I am new here and just not used to this kind of commentary. Stuff like that is just inflammatory and if I were an Iraqi or Afghani Indy fan I'd really be fuming. But OK, this is obviously a sleezy and dangerous joint where anything goes, so I'll keep me mouth shut and have a drink and watch my step.

No problem, it is a place for a good time, hell I think they might even have some of them working girls upstairs, well welcome and enjoy!

garzo

Grizzlor said:
As far as I know the Saudis have claimed to hold every major artifact related to Mohammed. What would Indy go for?

I don't know that he has to go after a religious artifact? He certainly didn't need to in FoA, Infernal Machine, and Emporer's Tomb games.

I think a story about Indy going after yet another religious artifact would be way too formulaic and really limit the film. Filmmakers really need to stop constructing these tight frameworks for their franchises because in the end a franchise film will look like exactly that, a color by numbers franchise pic.

The filmmakers would have a lot more freedom to explore without those constraints. Going down the list of mythical religious objects would be a boring retread of what has been done before.

Jay R. Zay

ClintonHammond said:
"Stuff like that is just inflammatory"
You are 100% correct

humor always is inflammatory if you don't understand it. as garzo said, he is new here so he doesn't know shorty. what excuse do you have for still taking everything deadly serious?

Grimdiana Bones

I too hope they steer clear of any christian related artifacts. I'd like to see them branch out more, like in the games and books.

I've had this crazy idea for a screenplay I want to write about indy having to track down the necronomicon. It would probably be a little cheesey because it would be Indy versus zombies, but it just fits so well together!

roundshort

Lets face it, it really does not matter what the quest is for, the trip is all that matters! I am more worried about the cgi!

qwerty

Imagine what would happen in Raiders were redone and that scene where Indy was running in front of the big rock was replaced with CGI. Or even worse, if it was originaly made like that.
I hope that GL knows that CGI have no place in Indy movies. I hope...

It does matter, I want him to find where FOA 2 developers are, and what have they been doing for the last 5 years or so. :p

Ps. aff I expect so much of that game...