Happy V-Day to All!

Indyologist

Just wanted to say an early Happy Valentine's Day to all here! Mwah!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZ6ZBZ7MP24&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZ6ZBZ7MP24&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IndysGal41

HAPPY VALENTINES YA'LL!!!!

video_indiana_jones.gif

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Ok... that's it. Here's the rant for 2009.

Valentines is only fun for those who are romantically involved couples, which makes it very excluding of children, friends and single people, who are not neccessarily unlovable people but just so happen to not have anyone on the day whether it be by fate or their own choosing.

What other day could there be that would be great for florists to get rid of old stock and actually get enough money to pay their business bills? Think about it.

It is a day of competition for both girls in the office and girls in high school, bascially, whose boyfriend can give the biggest flowers, the female version of the guy game of mine's bigger, if you pardon the expression. Such a game is not only painful to single gals who don't have anyone but to the boyfriends that buy the gifts/flowers
. There is absolutely nothing but pain to gain from this and showing off to single friends is so not on.

My message for this 2009 V-day is this: celebrate friendship instead, the world needs that more than fairytale romantic day/night of giftgiving and love and lust, which can disappear the day after (in the world of us, Gen Y's it usually does). Real love is spontaneous not organised for just one day. Love can last for a lifetime with the right person and if you both work at it, it's sacrifice and understanding way more than flowers and chocolates. Friendship can be between more than just two people, it can connect hundreds of people. That is truly powerful, the love of humanity, humankind. Without friendship, you can't call it love. True friendship is a kind of love.

Congratulations to anyone who bothered to read all of this. :p

Single Awareness Day, lol. So true. I used to care, but you know, now that I'm working on trying to get the career I want and enjoy it, I'm not upset by it anymore.

Nurhachi1991

Damn Valentines day I like this girl and want to get her something but haven't known her very long and I don't want to make things awkward.

indy34

I feel sorry for you violet I've seen my brother looking for a job too but all the TV stations have automated almost everything and no ones giving interviews for jobs because of the financial crisis:(

Dyonus said:
I prefer to call it "Single Awareness Day." (SAD for short.)
I like your idea:hat:

DoomTown

Nurhachi1991 said:
Damn Valentines day I like this girl and want to get her something but haven't known her very long and I don't want to make things awkward.

Give her one of our Indy Valentines from the indy cast Flickr page...:)

That won't make things awkward AT ALL.

DocWhiskey

Happy unimaginative, consumerist-oriented, and entirely arbitrary, manipulative, and shallow interpretation of romance day!

Indulging my arbitrary contradiction disease, and/or love of spirited debate:

There's nothing wrong with a day to remember and focus on caring, sharing and appreciating those in your life not merely your signifigant other.

All these things your saying have in them an element of truth but are hardly the totality of the Observation. Instead of looking for what you may receive, take the first step. There's someone out there who has done something nice for you, it's those people you should send a card make a call, visit in the home or hospital...and none of it have to say Valentine. Not at all.

If that's too hard send an Anti Valentine to a friend who will get a laugh, at least you'll be inspiring a good feeling for the day and maybe making a memory!

There are people who are worse off than you out there, show some one they're appreciated.

Valentines day is only as commercial as you allow it to be, and pining away while desperately romantic and the fodder of Fabio covered pulp is tragic and a plot device for Farrelly Brothers Films and the ilk.

This concludes my feel good, optimistic outlook untill Easter...commence b!tching!:dead:

The Magic Rat

I laugh so hard at you losers who get defensive and attack holidays. It's just a fun little day. You people really take it much too seriously.

Also, Nurhachi1991, I first took a certain girl out on Valentine's Day. The rest is ancient history, so it does work...sometimes. If you've got the cojones and aren't afraid of possibly getting shot down, go for it.

Nurhachi1991

The Magic Rat said:
I laugh so hard at you losers who get defensive and attack holidays. It's just a fun little day. You people really take it much too seriously.

Also, Nurhachi1991, I first took a certain girl out on Valentine's Day. The rest is ancient history, so it does work...sometimes. If you've got the cojones and aren't afraid of possibly getting shot down, go for it.

Thanks man I just got back from the store got her a box of candy and I'm going to go for it. Today is Friday the 13th and I'm going to see the new Jason flick after school nothing could bring me down today even if she does reject it.

The Magic Rat said:

hey, you drive your slick machine over the jersey state line?:dead:

|ZiR|

No fair. Kristen Bell; one of the few women I'd switch teams for. Too cute. (y)

The Magic Rat said:

Agreed, though I don't laugh--I just find it a little weird. There's some tears and loneliness up in this thread. And that's OK.

Nurhachi1991 said:
Thanks man I just got back from the store got her a box of candy and I'm going to go for it. Today is Friday the 13th and I'm going to see the new Jason flick after school nothing could bring me down today even if she does reject it.

Good luck. Try to not play it up too seriously or you might come off crazy. Even if it doesn't lead to bumping uglies, it's a sweet gesture. Who wouldn't like to get some chocolates on Valentine's Day (if only from a friend)?