"Last Crusade" Action Figures

Lambonius

Just think--two months from now, we'll all be complaining about how the shelves are chock full to the brim of the LC figures and nobody can find the new TOD ones! :whip: Remember, grasshoppers, this line didn't even exist at all 3 months ago. We'll find them all eventually.

monkey man

Mighty Muggs Titanium Vehicles hit N.J.

The TRU in Paramus had Indy Muggs and the Titanium vehicles today. No LC figures. Just a matter of time now.

WillKill4Food

'Round these parts (in Rednecksville, TN), we got the Jacket Indy but nary o' the othas. I reckon dat that ol' scoundrel tnswman got 'em all. :mad: :mad: :mad:
This town ain't big enough fer the two of us.:rolleyes:

Nurhachi1991

Yup nothing round these parts of Ol NV either............... Just a LC Indy with a tie. I just want Vogel and Young Indy............. Ah hell I want the whole line!!!! COme on figures hit the shelves please! ALong with the mighty mugs!

Gobi-1

The_Raiders said:
Here at Longview Texas I have yet to see a trace of any LC figures, is there any raveners here in Longview or close in that area that has found anything? :hat:

I found the complete wave at the Walmart in Palestine, TX. It's about two hours southwest from Longview.

thelaw

HovitosKing said:
What is the official release date for the LC wave? I know it's July, but what day?

Release dates for toys are only done on special occasions.

Star Wars has had 4 (1 upcoming):
1. May 3, 1999 (Episode 1 initial merchandise release)
2. April 23, 2002 (Episode 2 initial merchandise release)
3. April 2, 2005 (Episode 3 initial merchandise release)
4. July 26, 2008 (Clone Wars movie initial merchandise release)

Subsequent releases of toys just happen when they happen. It's always been a dream of us collectors to have a release date for every wave of toys a la CDs, DVDs, video games, etc, but it's never happened. Unfortunately, LC figures are out there, but the ROTLA/KOTCS figures are blocking them from being put out (or in some cases, even ordered).

Sorcerer009

Well...I just got home from my weekly "checks" of the 2 Wal-Marts, 2 Targets and 2 Toys R Us in the greater Nashville area...

...NOTHING...:(

But then they did say these figures would show up in late July so I guess I shouldn't complain...I was just hoping since some people in Ca, Tx, Mi and so forth found some so early that maybe we'd get some down south here as well.

As it is...all my Wal-marts are still shelving what appear to be 100,000 Mutts, Spalkos and German Soldiers...the Target shelves are halfway full (mostly with Raiders figures) and both Toys R Us' at either ends of town are barren!! I think the latter two stores are going to be the best bests for seeing the Last Crusade figures come the end of the month...

...sorry guys, I feel like I'm just rambling to myself now...

side bar - I ALMOST picked up the Indy with Horse Deluxe set at my last stop (it is the only thing I lack so far other than the LC figs) but upon further inspection, I noticed that Indy had half a beard...what a horrible painting mistake. It was the last one so I put it back. I decided I could probably find a better one later on down the road.

Lambonius

Unlike many people, I have been able to find most of the LC figures. I still lack Vogel and Henry Sr, and I don't really expect to find them anytime soon, unfortunately.

Maybe someone more in the know about how toy companies work can answer this, but I've been wondering lately why it seems like Hasbro has either deliberately or through some misunderstanding of the buying public made the most sought-after figures the hardest to come by. I mean, I understand that a lot of places simply haven't ordered or put these figures out on shelves yet, but seriously--packing Henry Sr. one to a case?

I'd like to meet the person at Hasbro that didn't think Henry Sr. would instantly be the most wanted figure by collectors and Indy fans everywhere. :rolleyes:

Sure they've got to keep the kids in mind, and kids with limited knowledge of the series may not be into an older man in a tweed suit as an action figure, but it still seems somewhat silly to me, particularly when the older figures (which they insist on repacking into the cases in far greater numbers than the new figures) are still bloating store shelves everywhere.

I don't know. I suppose I should feel lucky to have found any of the new figures at all, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed in Hasbro as of now. Hopefully the Wave 3 Revision cases will see figures like Henry Sr, Vogel, Elsa, etc. in slightly more abundant numbers.

"How much of human life is spent in wait?"

Good luck to those of you still searching! We'll get 'em soon enough! :hat:

Oh yeah, by the way, as of a few days ago, carded Henry Sr. figures were going for upwards of 30 bucks on ebay. Bastards.

tnswman

WillKill4Food said:
'Round these parts (in Rednecksville, TN), we got the Jacket Indy but nary o' the othas. I reckon dat that ol' scoundrel tnswman got 'em all. :mad: :mad: :mad:
This town ain't big enough fer the two of us.:rolleyes:

LOL!! If you are near the Tri-Cities..Then yeap. That was me :) I also got the Gi Joe Wave 9 figures too LOL!