The Dark Knight Rises

The Man

As for the recent sidekick rumours? Unless Alfred* becomes Robin, I don't damn well want to know!

*C'mon! That would rock! (y)

Montana Smith

TheMutt92 said:
Interesting. Does anyone suspect we could be seeing Christmas in Gotham, like in Batman Returns (which also happened to feature Catwoman)?

The Cat and the Bat will be leaving Spring-Heeled Jack footprints across Gotham's rooftops. :cool:

kongisking

The Man said:
Nolan wants it white..?

Gotham in winter again? Sweeeeeeeet...:cool:

I thought the winter setting of Batman Returns really helped the atmosphere of that film, so just imagine how cool (no pun intended) it will be in the Nolanverse.

michael said:
If anyone can make Robin cool, it's Nolan.

Indy Scout 117 said:
maybe, but still it makes a better Batman story without Robin.

You both are right. I still hate the concept of The Goddamn Batman needing a sidekick at all, though.

TheMutt92

Perhaps they were misquoted?

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/articl...e-in-the-bat-franchise-looks-like-no-he-didnt

What? Robin you say? But didn't Christian Bale say, "If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work." Before you put too much stock in that alleged statement from 2008, that frequently quoted Bale reply comes via the World Entertainment News Network (WENN), a highly unreliable rumor source. Not to mention it's a ridiculous quote in the first place as Film School Rejects contributor Cole Abaius says on Twitter, "Because Bale could really boycott doing the movie because a character he doesn't like is added."

The Man

The Son Also Rises..?

...they have heard from an anonymous source that Joseph Gordon-Levitt?s mysterious role in The Dark Knight Rises is that of Alberto Falcone, the son of mob boss Carmine Falcone (played by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins) ? a major character from Jeph Loeb?s The Long Halloween.

The idea is that Falcone has returned to Gotham to reclaim the city Batman helped take away from his father. Perhaps then he is the one who hires Bane (Tom Hardy), and /film point out something interesting ? in the Catwoman: When in Rome storyline, Selina Kyle believes she is the daughter of Carmine ? so there could be some brother/sister dynamic in development here. Certainly Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon-Levitt look similar enough to be related.

However...

CBM have the worst track record of any film site on the internet for casting rumours, usually posting at least one false story per day.

Hmmm...

The Man

WillKill4Food said:
I think that "anonymous source" was just speculation from a guy who somebody in this thread posted a link to (I can't find it now...).

Could be totally false, yet a direct connection between Hathaway's character and Levitt's does seem more than feasible*...

*And I could be totally wrong myself...

The Man

I thought that if ANY women should be the Catwoman, the choice was elementary: Marion Cotillard. Alas, Hathaway gets to sharpen her claws...

But wait! Is she in this now, too...?!

Le Figaro, a French newspaper, reported ?The actress, who is expecting a child in the spring with Guillaume Canet, will be scarce this year. She?ll do a single film and her choice fell on Batman 3.?

Pale Horse

Staff member
I think they got this title wrong...it's not TDKR..it's

Inception II: The top stops spinning, 'cause the caped crusader squashes it.

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
Also, if true, it looks as though Nolan might be wrapping up any loose ends, by book-ending with the Ra's Al Ghul connection.

This is exactly what I want. I love narrative bookends! :cool: