Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #226
Pale Horse

Thumbs up I guess this was just too expensive for Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyt
I would love to have the tree of life in the next film. there is so much that can be done with this story line.

Reboot...!!!

...what a great place to start.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:16 PM   #227
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornconner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
7. There is no unambiguous artifact associated with the Garden of Eden. What would you do, cut off a branch and plant it? How will a tree destroy the baddie? Flaming Angelic Swords?

A. This is probably my favorite list of points that you make. I think I can answer each point to your satisfaction, and would love to hear additional comments:

The artifact taken from the Garden of Eden would be an Apple from the Tree of Life. I would imagine that these would be no ordinary Apple. They would probably survive and thrive just fine even when long-removed from the tree, and I would imagine they are larger and possibly different even in appearance to a normal apple. I picture a large round apple, flawless, with silver skin. The Apple itself would restore vitality and vigor.

...all too easy.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:49 PM   #228
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
an obscure map is removed from a monastery at the foot of the mountain during a blizzard near, just before the onset of WWII. A map, with the four corners of the world
It's always a question where to put the corners. I prefer mountain peaks. Some prefer out there over yonder. (You can zoom in here.)

Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:21 PM   #229
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse

Reboot...!!!

...what a great place to start.

Didn't see this thread until now but yeah. Its got to be either this or the Fountain of Youth that would be the perfect artifacts to allow a new guy to appear.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #230
Indyfan82
IndyFan

I would be extremely interested to see an Indiana Jones movie dealing with the Tree of Life as described in Genesis 1-3 in The Bible.
(Of course, I'm extremely interested to see a 5th. Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones regardless.)

I wonder if movie-makers would draw from Creation stories from various religions and cultures though.... although (and I could be wrong), I believe the Tree of Life is specific only to Judaism and Christianity.
Indyfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:45 PM   #231
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfan82
although (and I could be wrong), I believe the Tree of Life is specific only to Judaism and Christianity.
http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=205890
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #232
Indyfan82
IndyFan

Thanks for the information. I can't believe I forgot to mention Islam. It's interesting to know the parallels in Buddhism, Hinduism, and other religions as well.
Indyfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote