TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Newbie Forum
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Spectre
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cypress, Tx
Posts: 28
Jeeez--Can't believe I never joined!

Long time COW member and Indy fan--never joined the Raven...lol.
I'm Auntsugar over there---pretty sure most of you know me.
I finally retired from the Air Force and moved to Texas. With all of this free time--I'm opening the prop shop! Mostly classic Galactica, but will do some Indy and SW stuff in-between.
Can't wait to get reacquainted with you all.



Cheers!
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 3,022
COW? Sorry, I'm not good with acronyms.

But welcome nevertheless!
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
COW? Sorry, I'm not good with acronyms.



It's that rival bar from the over the mountains.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Long time COW member and Indy fan--never joined the Raven...lol.

With a name like Spectre (SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion), how can we be sure you're a defecter from COW and not a double agent?

Having never visited Club Obi Wan I can only presume that this bar has a better class of clientele.


Welcome to The Raven!

Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
InexorableTash
IndyFan
 
InexorableTash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Having never visited Club Obi Wan I can only presume that this bar has a better class of clientele.

Definitely fewer fashionistas here. You won't get snubbed at The Raven if your shirt is slightly more "taupe" than "stone".

(I kid - both are great forums, they just have wildly different personas.)
InexorableTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
Spectre
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cypress, Tx
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith


It's that rival bar from the over the mountains.




With a name like Spectre (SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion), how can we be sure you're a defecter from COW and not a double agent?

Having never visited Club Obi Wan I can only presume that this bar has a better class of clientele.


Welcome to The Raven!



LOL----Classic!!!!
Not where I got the name, but certainly a great reference.
It's my name over at the Blackstar Squadron--classic BSG costuming club.


Wow--can't believe that a few didn't know about COW and Indy Gear. It was the first Indt gear site on the net.....waaaaaaaay back when.
Either way...thanks for the welcome, fellas--glad to be here. Also glad to be back in the Indy frame of mind.
Been cranking out a few small props again to get back into it. Mostly paper props until my rotocaster and vacuum former are finished.

I also have to start doing the clover lighters again. I haven't done, or offered those in about 10 years. Seems like there might be a few folks wanting those again.
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #6
Sea Monarch
IndyFan
 
Sea Monarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In a canyon, opening up an Ark of whoopa## on some goosestepping morons
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
It's that rival bar from the over the mountains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
LOL----Classic!!!!
Not where I got the name, but certainly a great reference.
It's my name over at the Blackstar Squadron--classic BSG costuming club.
Dangitt, you had me going, Smitty! I was excited to check out another possible Indy sight! Not that it could compare to The Raven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Wow--can't believe that a few didn't know about COW and Indy Gear. It was the first Indt gear site on the net.....waaaaaaaay back when.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Indy Gear's the one I frequently visited, back in 1999-2000. It was one of the first websites I ever visited, after getting internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Either way...thanks for the welcome, fellas--glad to be here. Also glad to be back in the Indy frame of mind.
Been cranking out a few small props again to get back into it. Mostly paper props until my rotocaster and vacuum former are finished.

I also have to start doing the clover lighters again. I haven't done, or offered those in about 10 years. Seems like there might be a few folks wanting those again.

Am I to understand that you make props out of paper? That's creative! Have to see what they look like some time.

Although, I'm suspect of anyone that would put BSG, over Indiana Jones! Besides, BSG gives me headaches! Oh, wait...no I'm thinking of that stuff in Chinese Food. We've got our eye on you, mister. Just joshing with ya! Welcome back to the Raven. We missed you. Don't be gone so long, next time, if you can help it.
Sea Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
Spectre
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cypress, Tx
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Monarch
Dangitt, you had me going, Smitty! I was excited to check out another possible Indy sight! Not that it could compare to The Raven.



Yeah, I'm pretty sure Indy Gear's the one I frequently visited, back in 1999-2000. It was one of the first websites I ever visited, after getting internet.



Am I to understand that you make props out of paper? That's creative! Have to see what they look like some time.

Although, I'm suspect of anyone that would put BSG, over Indiana Jones! Besides, BSG gives me headaches! Oh, wait...no I'm thinking of that stuff in Chinese Food. We've got our eye on you, mister. Just joshing with ya! Welcome back to the Raven. We missed you. Don't be gone so long, next time, if you can help it.

Paper props, as in---Belle of Lincoln labels on whiskey bottles, Belloq schnapps bottles, maps, etc.
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #8
Sea Monarch
IndyFan
 
Sea Monarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In a canyon, opening up an Ark of whoopa## on some goosestepping morons
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Paper props, as in---Belle of Lincoln labels on whiskey bottles, Belloq schnapps bottles, maps, etc.

Kinda just now realize, I forgot you hadn't been here before, and I thought I remembered reading posts from you. Must have been another bloke. Oh, just remembered, I was thinking of the guy who lists his location as Spectre Island.
Still, glad to have you here, just the same. From your remark about the clover lighter, I figured that you were saying that you make props such as the lighters that the Jones boys used to burn through the ropes, out of paper. Is this not true?? If it's not than I'm confused by the lighter remark.
At any rate, we'll be looking forward to pics of your work.
Sea Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #9
Spectre
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cypress, Tx
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Monarch
Kinda just now realize, I forgot you hadn't been here before, and I thought I remembered reading posts from you. Must have been another bloke. Oh, just remembered, I was thinking of the guy who lists his location as Spectre Island.
Still, glad to have you here, just the same. From your remark about the clover lighter, I figured that you were saying that you make props such as the lighters that the Jones boys used to burn through the ropes, out of paper. Is this not true?? If it's not than I'm confused by the lighter remark.
At any rate, we'll be looking forward to pics of your work.


I used to make the clover lighters for the guys over at Club Obi-Wan. Actual Zippos with the enameled white sides and green clovers fully functional.

Haven't done those in a long time, but will be doing them again in the near future. I had the secret recipe that everyone tried to replicate back in the day--not sure how they are doing them now...if anyone even is.
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
Sea Monarch
IndyFan
 
Sea Monarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In a canyon, opening up an Ark of whoopa## on some goosestepping morons
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
I used to make the clover lighters for the guys over at Club Obi-Wan. Actual Zippos with the enameled white sides and green clovers fully functional.

Haven't done those in a long time, but will be doing them again in the near future. I had the secret recipe that everyone tried to replicate back in the day--not sure how they are doing them now...if anyone even is.

Awesome, Possum! When I've got the extra dough, you can bet I'll be buying one from you. And I don't even smoke. But then again, neither does Indy. Unless you go with the Ralph Mcquarrie redition of Indiana.
Sea Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #11
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan
 
Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Long time COW member and Indy fan--never joined the Raven...lol.
I'm Auntsugar over there---pretty sure most of you know me.
I finally retired from the Air Force and moved to Texas. With all of this free time--I'm opening the prop shop! Mostly classic Galactica, but will do some Indy and SW stuff in-between.
Can't wait to get reacquainted with you all.



Cheers!

First drink is on the house!

...and no I'm not a member of the house, just rambling drunken demands at the bartenders. Cheers.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #12
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
First drink is on the house!

...and no I'm not a member of the house, just rambling drunken demands at the bartenders. Cheers.

Dr. Gonzo's last name is House. This round is indeed, on him.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:26 AM   #13
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan
 
Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Dr. Gonzo's last name is House. This round is indeed, on him.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 10-16-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.