Fish

DocWhiskey

Same as eating a cow, lamb, chicken, pig, alligator, turkey etc.

It's not Jesus's fault that animals are so delicious.

You're over analyzing. Everything serves a purpose.

DocWhiskey said:
Same as eating a cow, lamb, chicken, pig, alligator, turkey etc.

It's not Jesus's fault that animals are so delicious.

You're over analyzing. Everything serves a purpose.

Yes, but the loving Lord could have at least stayed vegetarian. Thou shalt not kill.

DocWhiskey

But killing for food and killing out of anger or rage are 2 completely different things.

"I'm going to kill this fish to feed my village."

or

"I'm going to kill this fish because I'm bored and angry!"

2 different things. Same fate for the fish.

The_Raiders

I don't think eating an animal is really considered killing...
ANd not to get biblical on you all but it says in the bible we are meant to live off the animals and recources, the're just food pretty much.

Yes but think about it from the animals point of view. One minute swimming and humming to itself happily, the next a dark void.

It's morally unacceptable.

The_Raiders

Eeehh, as I do think animals have certain emotional aspects, I dont tihnk its quit that phycological for them and I dont think they really have the point of view or any of those qualitys, I hate animal abuse, cant stand it, and killing an animal for no reason, but if your gonna eat it, go ahead.

Jorbex

The_Raiders said:
I don't think eating an animal is really considered killing...
Hey, maybe you didn't kill the animal yourself, but I don't think that makes much of a difference to the fish.:p

DocWhiskey

Connery's Toupe said:
It's death and I refuse to accept it. The fish is as much a living creature as Jesus was and yet the two deaths bring considerably different reactions.
So you're saying that if your mother hit a deer and killed it but she somehow died in the collsion as well, you'd be just as broken up to hear about the deer's tragic end as much as your mother's?

I'm speaking figuratively of course.

DocWhiskey said:
So you're saying that if your mother hit a deer and killed it but she somehow died in the collsion as well, you'd be just as broken up to hear about the deer's tragic end as much as your mother's?

I'm speaking figuratively of course.

My mother would never hit a deer. She doesn't drive.

I find both deaths equally shocking. Emotional investment in my mother would cause more grief, obviously, but as far as two lives being wiped out: Both would traumatise.

The_Raiders

I go fishing all the time. I think the animals feel the pain but I don't think they are emotional about it (at least fish) as I said killing an animal for just killing I believe is wrong, but hey we gotta live, and animal meat has stuff in it to function properly. Gotta live man.

P.S. if a deer caused my mothers death, I and only I would eat that dear to avenge my mother

DocWhiskey

Exactly. Life moves on. You talk about Jesus, well, Jesus died for us, right?

Circle of life. If you live life thinking the way you're thinking about death you'll never be able to enjoy it.

DocWhiskey said:
Exactly. Life moves on. You talk about Jesus, well, Jesus died for us, right?

Circle of life. If you live life thinking the way you're thinking about death you'll never be able to enjoy it.

Yes, Jesus died for us. However, I don't recall a fishy saviour for marine life sacrificing himself willingly.

The Drifter

Connery's Toupe said:
Yes, Jesus died for us. However, I don't recall a fishy saviour for marine life sacrificing himself willingly.

One time I was fishing. I was wading up the river casting my line and I heard something on the bank of the river.
I look, and seen a HUGE bass flopping on the sand. I picked it up and kept it.

I say he sacrificed himself for my eating pleasure.

The_Raiders

Connery's Toupe said:

lol! Why would anything need to die for animals? that's pretty funny I tihnk, I don't think animals have any human qualitys that need saving.