My Indy Costume (pics intensive)

Sam Falco

Okay guys, here's my Indiana Jones costume and the story behind each of the pieces... (note, the jacket is going to be arriving in a few days)

britishwwigasmaskbagyw5.jpg

Found at Disney World in the Pirates of the Carribean store, cut off the fabric strap and replaced it with a thinner black one to resemble the movie.

bullwhipww5.jpg

Purchased from Western Stage Props for only 50 bucks, a genuine Australian model Bullwhip.

britishwwirevolvernw5.jpg

Found in the gift shop of "Revenge of the Mummy" at Universal Studios as is. Its a cap gun, made of metal and wood, probably will not be on the shelves very long, its only a matter of time before someone does something stupid with one of these...

englisharmypistolbeltzm5.jpg

The belt is just a regular leather belt I found at a thrift store and the pistol holster is one I dug up at an Army Surplus store.

indyoutfitus9.jpg

The shirt is custom made from a regular tan shirt, I added the shoulder straps to make it into Indy's shirt, the pants are just brown dress pants that I'm going to age.

fedora01qm0.jpg

fedora03fq8.jpg

Found this baby in a hat store in St. Augustine, roughed it up, wore it around town (even in the rain) and formed the brim into a more Indy-like shape.

Sam Falco

No worries, those are soon to follow, I wanted to give you guys some close-up pics to show off the individual parts before I show the entire thing. (also, my snap camera isnt great, so the full body probably wont look very good)

Sam Falco

Thanks! I'm still not happy with the boots on this one though, they're black, when any self-respecting Indy fan knows that aint correct. Any suggestions for a budget-appropriate pair of kicks I can scour the earth for?

Sam Falco

Right up the road from the old fort, ya know the big shopping area by the Ripley's Believe it or Not! museum and the fountain of youth?

MightyMegs

Sam Falco said:
Right up the road from the old fort, ya know the big shopping area by the Ripley's Believe it or Not! museum and the fountain of youth?

You know... that costume would be great in some pics at the old fort....(y)

Sam Falco

haha, oh I know, there's actually a really kickass place called Ft. De soto nearby here, I'm gonna try to get some there.

Sam Falco

Well I suppose its a good thing I DID post the pics of me in it then, haha.

Thanks for that suggestion Lao Che!