The Dark Knight Rises

WillKill4Food

Lance Quazar said:
Clearly you've never seen "One Hour Photo" or "Insomnia" if you think Williams won't fit in a "serious" villain role.
I have seen "One Hour Photo," but I never really accepted him in that role. Perhaps this is because growing up I only saw him in humorous roles (with the exception of Good Will Hunting, and still, even in that film he was a "good" guy). I just don't think he fits in a role like Hugo Strange, and I acknowledge that it's probably my own bias. I've also seen World's Greatest Dad, and I guess I am just used to Robin Williams playing such an integral part in the films that I think he would take the Dark Knight Rises and turn it into Mrs. Doubtfire Goes Batsh!t Insane. Yes, Heath Ledger stole the show in The Dark Knight but he didn't do so as the Heath Ledger that we are (or at least I was) used to seeing. That being said,
Lance Quazar said:
I guess it was a rumor in the sense that a bunch of people ran with the idea, but it certainly has no basis in reality. And for that, I'm happy, but Hugo Strange still seems like a good choice, should Nolan decide to announce a third villain.

TheMutt92

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kO8dlIYwSgs" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

TheMutt92

Pfister has read the script, calls Nolan's take "the perfect trilogy", and hints at a killer opening sequence...

http://screenrant.com/the-dark-knig...er-nolan-topped-the-dark-knight-schrad-99345/

?I asked the same question. I read the script two weeks ago, and he?s done it. Plain and simple ? he?s done it. It?s a phenomenal script. He?s still in the process of cutting it back because it?s a very long script right now, but it?s really phenomenal. And he actually had me go back and wanted me to watch, in IMAX, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. When I watched those I had read the script for The Dark Knight Rises and was like, ?dude, it is a perfect trilogy.? I think that was his intent, to work off those two pictures ? and they are very different pictures. And it?s funny, we all had different opinions about which picture we like better.?

I'm curious to find out which film Nolan and Pfister both prefer (I have always been a Begins fan myself).

?Our goal is to shoot as much in IMAX as we can. We?re going to put in on the screen, and put it on the screen big. And I really encourage everyone to see it in IMAX if they can because we?re really going for it this time. In terms of the action, we are all scratching our heads right now trying to figure out how we?re going to do it; how we?re going to do it in the amount of time we?re going to do it in. The opening scene of the movie will blow your mind.?

WillKill4Food

TheMutt92 said:
Well, he does look a lot like Heath Ledger...

Yes, I know Nolan said "no joker," but it seems really strange to have this guy's virtual twin in the film if there isn't at least some connection. Perhaps the rumor isn't true.

tumblr_l6peofD1fs1qbw0w6o1_500.jpg
Heath-Ledger-Joseph-Gordon-Levitt.jpg

Dr. Gonzo

I just wanted to add this piece of information for those interested in screenwriting and for people interested in debating what the story arc might be for this final nolan chapter "The Dark Knight Rises"...
Jonathan Nolan is interviewed about "The Dark Knight" screenplay that he and his brother Christopher wrote... it doesn't say anything exactly about "The Dark Knight Rises" but you can see a road map as part two of this story is the direct conclusion from part one... and part three will obviously take the themes from part two to their logical conclusion which would be...

(opening the floor to debate)

anyone?

http://hw.libsyn.com/p/4/1/d/41db38...8646451c384d&l_sid=18606&l_eid=&l_mid=1642922

Goonie

WillKill4Food said:

Yes, I know Nolan said "no joker," but it seems really strange to have this guy's virtual twin in the film if there isn't at least some connection. Perhaps the rumor isn't true.

As long as JGL isn't Robin. :whip:

kongisking

Indy Scout 117 said:
Robin souldnt even be in the Nolan Batman...

THANK YOU. :hat:

And Joseph-Gordon Levitt was awesome in Inception. Three words: Rotating Hallway Fight. One of the most brilliantly-executed action scenes in recent memory.

Montana Smith

WillKill4Food said:

tumblr_l6peofD1fs1qbw0w6o1_500.jpg
Heath-Ledger-Joseph-Gordon-Levitt.jpg

Hmmm.

I'd like to think this was on the cards.

dark-knight-joker_l.jpg

WillKill4Food

Indy Scout 117 said:
Robin souldnt even be in the Nolan Batman...
And we've heard that he won't be (I do not remember whether that was from Nolan or Bale, though). I'm still confused about Levitt.

Goonie

Indy Scout 117 said:
maybe, but still it makes a better Batman story without Robin.

Yeah. Robin just makes Batman look like Ace and Gary.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZEAYcR8w_tE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I.M.J.

kongisking said:
And Joseph-Gordon Levitt was awesome in Inception. Three words: Rotating Hallway Fight. One of the most brilliantly-executed action scenes in recent memory.

Agreed completely... but even beyond the fight scene, I couldn't believe the bad-ass character he played in Inception. I was seriously shocked that the little mullet dorkface from 3rd Rock played a role like he did in Inception. The guy was amazing in that!

kongisking

I.M.J. said:
Agreed completely... but even beyond the fight scene, I couldn't believe the bad-ass character he played in Inception. I was seriously shocked that the little mullet dorkface from 3rd Rock played a role like he did in Inception. The guy was amazing in that!

Seriously, only Eames beat Arthur in the "most awesome character in Inception" department.