The Dark Knight Rises

kongisking

JP Jones said:
That's what I'm hoping for.;)

Just to prove my point on the "Batman/Gotham" feel I would like to see...

batman-arkham-city-20101011071059663_640w.jpg

That screams BATMAN!

the-dark-knight-opening-scene.jpg

That uummmm... doesn't.

It's not supposed to. The whole point of Nolan's films is to do something with Bats that we haven't seen before: Batman as he would be in the real world.

And as for The Man's post:

Gordon in a hospital? Jeeze, is he the one who gets his back broken?

JP Jones

kongisking said:
It's not supposed to. The whole point of Nolan's films is to do something with Bats that we haven't seen before: Batman as he would be in the real world.

Well check this out.

Bb203_WayneTower.gif

This is from a Nolan Batman film, it is realistic, it looks like an actual city, but the city it looks like is Gotham. Plus this is a daytime shot. It's perfect. I really don't see how you can argue with that.

JP Jones said:
Bb203_WayneTower.gif

This is from a Nolan Batman film, it is realistic...

remember how those 30 story tall monorails were not present in the Dark Knight...almost makes Begins a cartoon. Plus, no shots of Arkham, which looked to be inconveniently located in the middle of the goddamn city...that was genius city planning.

They did a great job of making Gotham City look a lot like Chicago in the Dark Knight:rolleyes:

JP Jones

featofstrength said:
remember how those 30 story tall monorails were not present in the Dark Knight...almost makes Begins a cartoon. Plus, no shots of Arkham, which looked to be inconveniently located in the middle of the goddamn city...that was genius city planning.

They did a great job of making Gotham City look a lot like Chicago in the Dark Knight:rolleyes:
Wait... I'm confused:confused:

The Man

kongisking said:

My first impression also. Though, perhaps the sight of Hathaway in a catsuit gave the poor man a coronary.

Pale Horse

Staff member
A bootleg trailer is curious, especially in this case. I mean, we know it'll be out on Friday, in High Res, too. So why cheat it by 2 days.

Now, a bootleg script, or a bootleg directors cut...that's a different motivation.

The Man

Pale Horse said:
A bootleg trailer is curious, especially in this case. I mean, we know it'll be out on Friday, in High Res, too. So why cheat it by 2 days.

Now, a bootleg script, or a bootleg directors cut...that's a different motivation.

The teaser played exactly as was described above. Very little new footage. That final shot of Bane approaching Batman could only be best deciphered in hi-def.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Has anyone ran that
Bane photo
through photoshop to findout what that cat's eye thingy is? There are multiple layers to that photo.

I don't have photoshop, or I would...

WillKill4Food

Pale Horse said:
I don't have photoshop, or I would...
I tried, found nothing. But I used an old version.

To answer the question in the article posted by TheMutt92, the debris is falling, not rising, in the trailer. I'm very curious about the "Every Hero has an end" line. If Nolan's Batman is still young and pre-Robin, how could this be The End and not just the end of Nolan's story arc?

The Man

WillKill4Food said:
I'm very curious about the "Every Hero has an end" line. If Nolan's Batman is still young and pre-Robin, how could this be The End and not just the end of Nolan's story arc?

Bruce Wayne should die in the Nolanverse. Discuss...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Man said:
Bruce Wayne should die in the Nolanverse. Discuss...

If the Nolanverse dies with Nolan's and Bale's departure from the series? Yeah, maybe.

JP Jones said:
Ehhhhhh... No.

I'm curious what your reason is.

Montana Smith said:
Comic characters only come back from the dead eventually, so it wouldn't have any effect. (Like watching E.T. second time round).

Hmm, yeah. I guess it's why the idea of Indy dying in one of his films makes more sense - because it wouldn't just be a gimmick.

JP Jones

Attila the Professor said:
I'm curious what your reason is.
I think it would be better to have a heroic ending to the trilogy after TDK ended very dark, it doesn't make any sense to have the finally end even darker. Killing off Batman is just not right after all that's happened and that Batman does have more to do. If seems Batman Rises takes place a year or two from Begins, and Batman would seem kind of pathetic to me, if he got himself killed in that amount of time.

The Man

Pale Horse said:
Is this a 'Mutt is worthy to carry the torch' spinoff idea?

Gordon's son is going to be Batboy?

Perhaps I was angling at a Morgan Freeman takeover...as long as they don't change his lovely voice when donning the Batsuit...