General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Montana Smith

Mitchellhallock said:

musicrooms.net said:
07/06/2010

Harrison Ford’s final outing as Indiana Jones will be “emotional and exciting”.

The Hollywood star is well-known for his portrayal of the archaeologist and adventurer, and has agreed to reprise the role one last time. Indiana Jones 5 will begin shooting next year, and much of the plot line will be centred around the Bermuda Triangle, an area over the North Atlantic Ocean where a number of aircraft are said to have disappeared.

“George (Lucas) and Steven (Spielberg) have been working on a script and it's almost there," a source explained. “Harrison is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet.”

The last film in the franchise, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, was released in 2006. Shia LaBeouf played Indiana’s son Mutt Williams, and he will also appear in the new instalment.

Movie bosses have assured fans the film will stay true to the series’ roots, and won’t contain lots of state-of-the-art special effects.

“Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie,” the source added.

Ooh, is this really for real? After the information drought we have all this. And only one more movie for Harrison...

KOTCS was released in 2008, not 2006. How many errors might there be?

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
I hope to God this is legit, because this is AWESOME news! More emotion? Less CGI? And the Bermuda freaking Triangle? All together now: "Thank you, God!"

Every silver lining has a cloud: "?Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son..."

But, this is still fantastic news.

Bermuda Triangle... implies Aliens/UFOs?

Surely not.

Well it looks like we really may have something to speculate on again.

Indy's brother

I want to believe this, I really do. This will start a flurry of articles, and create a bunch of buzz that will have to be confirmed or denied. Sooner than later. My gut tells me it's legit, but I don't know if I can trust instincts!!

Less CGI? Really? :D (y) :cool: :hat:

Montana Smith

robisindy said:
Well, I read that article and the part about the Bermuda triangle made me skeptical (just seems like a detail that wouldn't come out this early), but I know Mitch is more connected than me. And I also remember that in March when we had our round table chat for episode 100 of the IndyCast that Mitch's optimism was fading that Indy 5 was going to happen. So if he's heard something that's making him more confident, then I have more hope too.

I want to believe this article!

Hmmm, nothing at all on IMDB.com.

All this eager waiting since KOTCS has left me cynical.

But this, from 2nd March 2010:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE7xab97kG2Y9g

Harrison Ford Reveals an Indiana Jones 5 Story Has Been Hatched

Indiana Jones finds his next adventure

Last month, Harrison Ford revealed what he'd like to see out of Indiana Jones 5 and now it seems that a rough storyline has been hatched. BBC recently spoke to Ford, who revealed that he has agreed on a story idea for Indiana Jones 5 with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.

"Steven [Spielberg] and George [Lucas] and I are sort of agreed on a germ of an idea and we're seeing what comes of it."

It wasn't clear if the story ideas Ford had previously mentioned were included in this agreement, but Ford did indicate that it would be quite some time before we saw this in theaters.

"The process works like this," he said. "We come to some basic agreement and then George goes away for a long time and works on it. Then Steven and I get it in some form, some embryonic form. Then if we like it we start working with George on it and at some point down the line it's ready and we do it."

Indiana Jones 5 comes to theaters in 2012.

foreignerfred

I'm guessing the mysterious/pseudo-spiritual nature of the Bermuda Triangle will somehow grant visions of, or introduce a Spirit-Guide version of Henry Senior.

And who else thinks Indy's "greatest challenge" will be death itself?

foreignerfred

kevster said:
YES Finally some news! * me is getting exited!!:D *

Someone just quoted Proverbs from the Bible on the radio. It seems perfect for today's news!

Proverbs 13:12
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."

JP Jones

If I got some real hardcore evidence that this new news is real I would be running around the house screaming at the top of my lungs, ... But ... it's not real I'm afraid.:mad:

foreignerfred

I couldn't help it. Went to wikipedia to just skim takes on the Bermuda Triangle and I found this quote from the site's entry on the matter:

Triangle writers have used a number of supernatural concepts to explain the events. One explanation pins the blame on leftover technology from the mythical lost continent of Atlantis. Sometimes connected to the Atlantis story is the submerged rock formation known as the Bimini Road off the island of Bimini in the Bahamas, which is in the Triangle by some definitions. Followers of the purported psychic Edgar Cayce take his prediction that evidence of Atlantis would be found in 1968 as referring to the discovery of the Bimini Road. Believers describe the formation as a road, wall, or other structure, though geologists consider it to be of natural origin.[18]

So, if this is the angle, I'm sure the FoA fans will organize play-throughs up till the release.

kevster

haha I also went to Wiki, and saw this quote, sound very interesting.

God, I hope some of this news is truth, wonder who the source is...

The Drifter

The Bermuda Triangle doesn't really sound that interesting to me. Am I to assume that almost all the action would take place over the ocean? That bores me.

Le Saboteur

Meh.

Sure it's news, but it doesn't exactly set my heart on fire. A location in and around the Bermuda Triangle means there'll be a lot of a.) island hopping and b.) sea borne exploration. In short, another color palette that's heavy on earth tones, and blue water.

Post World War II was something of a watershed in undersea diving & exploration, but an octogenarian Indy in a wetsuit and tanks? Maybe, but I don't think so. Dirk Pitt has that covered.

He could meet Jaques Cousteau at the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco, though. There's also a chance to work something about Castro in there; i.e., new Commie villains.

IMG_5244%20%28Large%29.JPG

I'm highly skeptical of this announcement, but we'll see.

The Drifter

Le Saboteur said:
Meh.

Sure it's news, but it doesn't exactly set my heart on fire. A location in and around the Bermuda Triangle means there'll be a lot of a.) island hopping and b.) sea borne exploration. In short, another color palette that's heavy on earth tones, and blue water.

Post World War II was something of a watershed in undersea diving & exploration, but an octogenarian Indy in a wetsuit and tanks? Maybe, but I don't think so. Dirk Pitt has that covered.

That's how I feel. Films or adventures set on the high seas always bored me to death. I just don't see how Indy could fit into an adventure on the oceans. It don't vibe with me at all.
I always will envision Indy at home in the jungles and the deserts of the world.
Plus, what sort of McGuffin could he be after in the Bermuda Triangle? Finding evidence of some sort of road would be lame. It needs to be something that he can take back with him if he obtained it (The ark, stones, grail, skull, etc).

Hanselation

Time Travel

Lonsome_Drifter said:
That's how I feel. Films or adventures set on the high seas always bored me to death. I just don't see how Indy could fit into an adventure on the oceans. It don't vibe with me at all.
I always will envision Indy at home in the jungles and the deserts of the world.
Plus, what sort of McGuffin could he be after in the Bermuda Triangle? Finding evidence of some sort of road would be lame. It needs to be something that he can take back with him if he obtained it (The ark, stones, grail, skull, etc).

The Bermuda Triangle?
That brought me to the following vision:
In the 50th there was the "Ufo and Aliens"-Hype and at he begin of the 60th there was "Time Travel"-Hype. I'm afraid to see Indy lost in the Bermuda Triangle and travelling through a time warp back into the 1920th, to start with a new adventure as a young boy - portrait by Shia :eek: -maybe parallel storielines, much more dimensions than we have recognized in KotCS...
(Hopefully it's only my todays nightmare...it's already midnight in germany:sleep: :eek: )
[BTTF meets Indy]

Darth Vile

Lonsome_Drifter said:

At a guess... Atlantis.

Indy's brother

Well, it's a poorly written article at best. At worst, it could be a bunch of bunk. This nonsensical excerpt is a good example:

Movie bosses have assured fans the film will stay true to the series? roots, and won?t contain lots of state-of-the-art special effects.

When did this happen? Who said it? It wasn't publicly stated. If this is a private source, then why would ss, gl, or fm go through a nameless faceless entity to assure fans? And through a media outlet like musicrooms.net to beat all? The above quote sounds like someone re-hashing a quote from KOTCS's pre-release. The more I look at this, the more it seems like a cruel hoax. :mad: