Whatcha playin? (Video games wise.)

Montana Smith

Finished Call of Juarez. This game has some really great things going for it: the scenery is eye-catching; the dust, mist, gunsmoke and debris (especially in slo-mo) are effective; the slo-mo targeting is very cinematic in a Sam Pekinpah style.

All the climbing, jumping and bullwhip grabbing gets boring, and pulls you out of the game and into an old platform style.

And there were more Indy-isms: the dangerous tiles were like those of the Chachapoyan temple or the Grail temple.

Playing as the Rev was more fun than as Billy, though Billy's bow was a neat weapon with it's slo-mo aiming (shooting a wolf up the nostril isn't something you get to do every day!)

It's a pity thete weren't more enemies in the wild areas, or more side-missions as in 'Gun'.

Montana Smith

Fallout 3 is turning out to be pretty amazing. The terrain is enormous and the battles frantic and visceral (more so since I oted for the 'Bloody Mess' perk).

Going into buildings or underground is really intense and claustrophobic. On several occasions a sudden noise or appearance of a ghoul has made me jump. In one basement I emptied half a clip into a mannequin before I realized it wasn't a ghoul!

The Drifter

Well, Mortal Kombat dominated my evening yesterday. So much to do in that game. I love all of the single-player content (or should I say "Kontent"?). Most fighters these days are bare-bones and have nothing in the way of unlockables, hidden secrets, or game modes (I'm looking at you MvC 3), but Mortal Kombat delivers in spades.
Great job Ed Boon, and team!

Nurhachi1991

Id be playing it on psn if it wasnt down.... Ive been playing Heavy Rain tho and it is amazing! There was this fight seen that was a mix between the plane fight in Raiders and the TOD Thuggee fight awesome game (y)

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
"Bloody Mess" rocks. :cool:

Though it sometimes becomes confusing which bodies you've searched!

I'm totally obsessed with this game now. I've loaded on Broken Steel and Point Lookout, so I can progress to level 30 and also investigate the creepy swamps of Maryland.

I've accumulated so many caps that I can't find anything I need to spend them on. Can't even buy doggie treats for Dogmeat!

michael

I've been playing Super Meat Boy.

Incredibly challenging/rewarding platforming game.

Any anger you get from dying hundreds of times, quickly turns into determination to beat the level only to advance to another menacing challenge.

Such a good game.

michael

Nurhachi1991 said:
How are all of you Ps3 users coping with psn being down?
Meh, they (and I) get the PSN for free. Can they really complain?

Although PSN Plus members....

michael

Update on PlayStation Network and Qriocity

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/

portion of article:
Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

QBComics

Can I just say how amazing Portal 2 is? Seriously, I wasn't expecting it to be that good, but it really is! Man, that final battle was all kinds of awesome. The story, I thought, was better than the original and added a lot more depth. GLaDOS is just as cynically funny as usual as well.

Definitely recommend a purchase or a rent if you don't have all the time in the world. Very good game. :whip:

fenris

Dragon Age 2; great game. I love how "big" it is due to the side quests.

StarWars Force Unleashed 2... can't seem to get past Vader in Kamino, though.

DiscoLad

I want to play Battlefield BC 2 but I don't feel like walking across the room.

On the flip side, I got back into TimeSplitters.

Goodsport

Which is the better pirate-themed MMORPG?

Is Pirate's of the Burning Sea or Pirates of the Caribbean Online the better pirate-themed MMORPG? How do they compare to each other and are either/both graphically forgiving on older PC's? :confused:

-G