Jones Toys are all GONE!?!?

FedoraHead

My son is very into Indy now. For the last 3 weeks he had been dressing like him and he watches at least one movie a day. So I thought I would pick up some of the figures (he opened my Disney ones). I never got them when they were out but I thought now, I bet they are cheaper. I drove around all weekend! Not 1 Jones toys! I really wanted to get him that Crystal Skull projector. A store had it on sale $4 a few weeks ago but all gone now. I could not find 1 figure! I did find a SW Episode 1 toy, Revenge of the Sith figure, Superman Movie figure, Batman Begins figures, and even Speed Racer toys. I can't believe how fast the Indy stuff disappeared. Lucky for me I found a guy over at Rebelscum.com that will sale me all his loose figures (all but TOD) for $35. Now he can have those for this birthday. Now if only a store had that Skull or the talking Indy. Maybe if I get him a talking Indy 12' he will STOP taking my Kenner 12" Indy to daycare!

Montana Smith

Ebay is probably your best bet.

Here in the UK there are still some Indy toys around cheap. I saw a 12" Mutt in a bargain store last week, but couldn't bring myself to buy him.

Goodeknight

Welcome to The Raven, FedoraHead.

Yes, looks like you'll be spending a lot of time on eBay, and a lot of time cursing yourself for not getting the stuff when it was on sale. You'll find the Crystal Skull projectors for about 12 bucks, not including shipping.

Good deal on the loose figures. I've been going for some loose stuff for my son, since he rips figures open in two seconds anyway. Packaging is sort of wasted. I might suggest adding the word "lot" to your eBay searches. You might luck out and get a truck, jungle cutter, bunch of figures and more all open and for a decent price.

Good luck, and happy shopping!

indyclone25

welcome !! yeah like they said ebay will be your friend in finding indy products , you acn even go to some of the rebelscum toy shop banners listed on the sides and look to see if you can buy cases of figures some are now pretty reasonable and you can have some sealed and have some to open and play with , :D

lao che & sons

Welcome, I'll continue the broken record herea nd say that ebay is your best bet. I too was late in the collection game so most of my figures have come from the bay or a local comic shop that's selling them for pretty cheap;)

Lance Quazar

Definitely check places like the rebelscum forums "Cool toy review classified" section.

Sometimes people are looking to offload large collections of figures for very little money.

Not me, though. I'm going to bury mine in the sand for a thousand years...

FedoraHead

Starting to hate ebay! I found want I like for a good price and it's more to ship it!!!! Yea I know ebay is the way to go but I still like to hit some stores just in case I can get it RIGHT THEN and CHEAP

lao che & sons

FedoraHead said:
Starting to hate ebay! I found want I like for a good price and it's more to ship it!!!! Yea I know ebay is the way to go but I still like to hit some stores just in case I can get it RIGHT THEN and CHEAP

I know what you're saying. BUt everynow and then you'll find this amazing deal on an item you just can't live without:D ... but it's an auction and you don't win it:( :mad:

indyclone25

great score my friend !!! dont forget you can also list your goodies in the new accquistions thread in the collectors section too , but 17.00 bucks is a very kool deal ---- i have seen loose temple of doom figures on ebay too , so keep a look out for them .(y)

Grandpa Agasa

All the Toys R Us' I've been to have been reluctant to drop Indy figure prices so they remain there at about $5 bucks each. They also have the Jungle Cutter vehicle for $25 I think.

Lance Quazar

Grandpa Agasa said:
All the Toys R Us' I've been to have been reluctant to drop Indy figure prices so they remain there at about $5 bucks each. They also have the Jungle Cutter vehicle for $25 I think.

TRU is a funny, multi-headed animal. One of my local stores blew out their Indy stock for $1.99 a figure. Managed to grab some extra custom fodder before they were all gone.

The vast majority have none left at all. Though one store is clinging to a couple Ughas and maybe a Mutt or two, but strangely is still selling them for $5.00.

Guys, if those figures haven't sold by now........

Jack Panix

Indy toys have pretty much disappeared from my TRU. Then this week I saw a 3-3/4" scale Akator Playset on the shelf. I thought maybe if it was $10 or something I might get it, but it scanned at $24.98.

Kohls had a Belloq or two kicking around for the longest time. Big Lots still has a few Titaniums.

NickTurner

zenbird said:
I hope I can post this here.

I just received these in the mail today: a 10 pc. lot of Indy figures, all accessories included, sealed in bags just not on cards. I got TEN of them for 17.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-10-PCS-i...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2eab8637c8

I thought it was too good to be true until I got them today (took about a week from China). Amazing deal, I think.

I too ordered TOD figures (from Hong Kong http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400104233730) and like you, zenbird, I thought it a bit too good to be true. (It was under $20 shipped when I bid! Slightly more now.) Well, today I got my figures and they ARE the real thing! Only thing is, and this didn't bother me as I have a TOD set and these are for dups/customs, is that not ALL accessories were included. The most bothersome if you don't yet have your TOD figures, is that Mola Ram doesn't get his headgear and rope-bridge Indy doesn't get his machete. Did you get these items zenbird? Missing guns or knives aren't too much bother as I have lots of spares already! Still, overall a great deal and more "work" to add to my model/customizing stash! Get your TOD figures today folks!(y)

Billy Ray

I have been out of the country for a little over a month, so things may have changed, but Big Lots and Tuesday Morning still had Indy stuff last time I checked. Big Lots had mostly the TLC wave of the Hasbro figures, the deluxe figures, and pretty much all of the Titaniums. Tuesday Morning had a lot of the Uncle Milton stuff...pretty sure they had the skull projectors.

Crack that whip

A Tuesday Morning here had some Indy items (a number of 3 3/4" and 12" action figures, plus Adventure Heroes) a few months ago. I think they're all gone now.

Of course, the most recent LEGO Indy wave (from August) is still readily available from TRU and Target (as well as LEGO itself, Lucasfilm's own online store and at the Disney parks), though all Walmarts have clearanced it all away, as far as I can tell. From the beginning LEGO seems to have done a much better job with the license than Hasbro - the fact they had a new wave as recently as August is one indicator of that - though in fairness to Hasbro, they did release a larger number of distinct individual products than LEGO has.

The LEGO Indiana Jones theme is going on hiatus this year; no new sets are planned for 2010. Given that it's reportedly on hiatus to make room it LEGO's lineup for Prince of Persia, though (a theme I don't expect to run past this year), plus the fact next year is the 30th anniversary of Indy, I'm cautiously hopeful we'll get more LEGO Indy sets next year.

Aside from LEGO, I do also still see some of the board and card games and playing card decks in stores.