Toy Fair Coverage

tnswman

Matt, you are so driven to prove me wrong that you have proven everything I said to be correct. THANKS!! I knew you would turn around. :whip: :mad: :sleep:

Matt

tnswman said:
Matt, you are so driven to prove me wrong that you have proven everything I said to be correct. THANKS!! I knew you would turn around. :whip: :mad: :sleep:

Right, because you said there would probably be a Temple of Doom playset. I said there probably wouldn't be, and now there's a big Temple of Doom playset coming out.

Or. . . not.

(Excellent rebuttal, by the way.)

Arab Swordsman

Shemp said:
In a different matter, does anyone think we'll get to see a Canyon of the Crescent Moon playset? With Grail Knight, and moving floor pieces!

I hope so. The blades would be cool but I think the IEHOVA floor tiles could be the best if they found a way to make them bust out but get put back into place easily. The Leap From the Lions Head would be pretty easy and the Grail room would just have a bunch of cups and the knight. I think you could do these in the deluxe figures and just have them put together. One set could have a Henry Sr gunshot figure, one could have a Donovan figure after he drinks from the grail, one could have the Knight, and the other could have Elsa.

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
I hope so. The blades would be cool but I think the IEHOVA floor tiles could be the best if they found a way to make them bust out but get put back into place easily. The Leap From the Lions Head would be pretty easy and the Grail room would just have a bunch of cups and the knight. I think you could do these in the deluxe figures and just have them put together. One set could have a Henry Sr gunshot figure, one could have a Donovan figure after he drinks from the grail, one could have the Knight, and the other could have Elsa.

You actually could do the trials in Deluxe...I do think that the IJ line will have Add on's that will fit to the Base playset. It is something Hasbro has toyed with in the past but it never was produced correctly. the IJ deluxe line shows that Hasbro has their act together now.

Deckard

tnswman said:
You actually could do the trials in Deluxe...I do think that the IJ line will have Add on's that will fit to the Base playset. It is something Hasbro has toyed with in the past but it never was produced correctly. the IJ deluxe line shows that Hasbro has their act together now.

"When were airborne with Germany behind us, I'll share that sentiment"

Let's see what we actually get, instead of protos, b4 we give them 100% credit.

tnswman

Deckard said:
"When were airborne with Germany behind us, I'll share that sentiment"

Let's see what we actually get, instead of protos, b4 we give them 100% credit.

Trust me, this is me at 50% credit...They have already surpassed what I thought their vison would be.

Deckard

tnswman said:
Trust me, this is me at 50% credit...They have already surpassed what I thought their vison would be.

Well to quote Han Solo "I can imagine quite a bit." Nothing they showed really WOWed me w/ the exception of the Horse. Not to say I think the line is doomed, Im just saying lets make sure they make these with good plastic and paints b4 we get too excited. Were all already looking to the future of 2009 and ToD sets. Im hoping they actually turn out at least as good as the pics or they may not sell as well as we all thought. Theres alot of toy competion out there, and Hasbro doesn't have anything in the bag yet.

tnswman

Deckard said:
Well to quote Han Solo "I can imagine quite a bit." Nothing they showed really WOWed me w/ the exception of the Horse. Not to say I think the line is doomed, Im just saying lets make sure they make these with good plastic and paints b4 we get too excited. Were all already looking to the future of 2009 and ToD sets. Im hoping they actually turn out at least as good as the pics or they may not sell as well as we all thought. Theres alot of toy competion out there, and Hasbro doesn't have anything in the bag yet.

ahhh after seeing prototype after Prototype of SW and Joe figures, we pretty well know what to expect from Hasbro. We can't get too picky because it is a retail toy line.

Deckard

tnswman said:
ahhh after seeing prototype after Prototype of SW and Joe figures, we pretty well know what to expect from Hasbro. We can't get too picky because it is a retail toy line.

I agree, Im keeping an open mind but is it impossible that they choose to use soft plastic that results in slight misformity? Im just saying Im going to wait until I have a figure in my hand and can say good job and mean it.

tnswman

Well, this shows that Hasbro was not happy with the main Indy prototype's eyes either LOL!!

I hope to have one or two of these and one or two of the KOTCS figures IN HAND in a couple pf weeks... Right now, I have 3 reserved. However, I am after one more before I have them ship to me.

these things are already shipping to the warehouses and by late March, some stores will start holding their stock in-store.

Deckard said:
I agree, Im keeping an open mind but is it impossible that they choose to use soft plastic that results in slight misformity? Im just saying Im going to wait until I have a figure in my hand and can say good job and mean it.

Hasbro is using the same plastics However, they are sticking with the Star wars style of Articulation cuts, instead of the Gi-Joe cuts which are breaking more and more at the thinnest points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katarn07

Hrm, the packaging has kind of grown on me. I'm still gonna probably rip most of them open. I doubt I'll need a million Indy's. Maybe the Cairo one will find itself in the package for a while until I need to open him to make some room.

Niteshade007 said:
You're both right, although I hope that my posts didn't come across as angry. I viewed more as a discussion with tnswman, as opposed to an actual argument. Clearly, I could have been more clear.

I wasn't referring to you. I was looking at the newer members. I've already learned my lesson arguing with the guy. mfisher, deckard24, and I argued for a few pages on Sideshow vs Toys McCoy. You cannot change his mind. That's fine. He's just passionate about collecting!

tnswman

Katarn07 said:
Hrm, the packaging has kind of grown on me. I'm still gonna probably rip most of them open. I doubt I'll need a million Indy's. Maybe the Cairo one will find itself in the package for a while until I need to open him to make some room.

I wasn't referring to you. I was looking at the newer members. I've already learned my lesson arguing with the guy. mfisher, deckard24, and I argued for a few pages on Sideshow vs Toys McCoy. You cannot change his mind. That's fine. He's just passionate about collecting!

LOL!! well we were debating the quality of the materials on the TM Indy v.s. what Sideshow will use. At the end of the day it did not matter because we were ALL right about sideshow's Indy...they made a PERFECT figure and used the proper looking materials without going outside of their current price range.

I'm always going to be partial to the TM Indy just based on Quality and the legacy of that figure. It just does not mean that I won't LOVE my Sideshow Indy.

I just hated being told that playsets are no longer of value to companies and buyers when we see several MASSIVE 3 3/4" playsets being shown at this year's Toy Fair. Just wait until we see the 1st 5" James Bond playset for the new action figure line. Talk about making playsets from movies that have age on them LOL!!

Trust me, If there were not so many facts pointing towards the positive future of IJ playsets, I would have NEVER stated my view. However, I don't want someone to come here with a negative attitude because of the SW line misgivings and cause people to think that NEW IJ playsets are a lost cause.

WillKill4Food

They look okay to me, considering they are HAsbro figs...
I'm considering buying a Belloq, making him look Jewish, and giving him to my Sunday School teacher for his Tabernacle diaroma that he built a while back. Might get 'em an Ark, too, if they come out. His is pretty bad, it is a gold painted box with two angel ornaments on it...

Billy Ray

Matt said:
Right, because you said there would probably be a Temple of Doom playset. I said there probably wouldn't be, and now there's a big Temple of Doom playset coming out.

Or. . . not.

Concerning the whole issue of a possible TOD playset...
Hasbro said "no TOD playset"...I gave up on believing Hasbro a long time ago. They have consistently gone back on statements like this (whether to keep up some shroud of secrecy, who knows). Just recently (within a month or so) they stated in one of their Q&As that they would not revisit the "animated look" for their Star Wars figures and lo and behold...animated figures at Toyfair. They said they wouldn't be revisiting the Commander Gree figure for quite some time, guess what's on my desk right now? They said they wouldn't likely do any more Evolutions packs...there are six on the shelves as I type this. They said they would never do a big ship/vehicle in the $100 range again after the Naboo Starship fiasco...then unveiled the AT-TE at Toyfair. If it's one thing I have learned about Hasbro, it's never say never.

Now I am not holding my breath waiting for them to do a TOD playset, but I am certainly not writing one off either. I think if the KOTCS playset sells well enough and there is enough interest in the Indy line, anything is possible.

Oh...and no offense Matt, I just picked the shortest quote about the playset I could find;)