Your favorite continuity error in the trilogy?

Ajax the Great said:
Has anybody noticed Indy's shirt in the CS opening? It alternates between tucked and untucked.

...or that his hands are alternately in and out of his pockets before he scoffs at Spalko's hand.

The little thing that allways bothered me was the fedora, crushed on the tarmack was perfect when Indy first grabs it.

Ajax the Great

The blood on the Raiders truck windshield.

RedeemedChild said:
It's not really a continuity error but I was expecting to see Marion continue to be by Dr. Jones side in every film after Raiders of the Lost Ark the way Benjamin Gates female companion is by his side in NT: Book of Secrets and is projected to be in National Treasure 3.

What.:eek:

Raiders90

Harrison's hair during the LC motorcycle chase. He suddenly within a scene or two grows almost a mullet, and then a scene or two later it's gone.

Exulted Unicron

Where did Indy get the ammo from in Last Crusade? In Spain, he had no ammo when he and his father were being chased by the ME-109s. Yet when he gets to The Canyon of the Crescent Moon, he's got some ammo to shoot at Vogel and presumably some more when he draws his gun when in the temple itself and watching the germans.

Montana Smith

Exulted Unicron said:
Where did Indy get the ammo from in Last Crusade? In Spain, he had no ammo when he and his father were being chased by the ME-109s. Yet when he gets to The Canyon of the Crescent Moon, he's got some ammo to shoot at Vogel and presumably some more when he draws his gun when in the temple itself and watching the germans.

I think the ME-109s were meant to be in Greece?

Anyway, by the time he gets to the Canyon he's met up with Sallah and Marcus in Iskenderun, so I assume he stocked up then.

Ajax the Great

Raiders112390 said:
Harrison's hair during the LC motorcycle chase. He suddenly within a scene or two grows almost a mullet, and then a scene or two later it's gone.

I can't believe I forgot about that one...it's one of my favorites.

Raiders90

Ajax the Great said:
I can't believe I forgot about that one...it's one of my favorites.

yeah compare his hair here--in the Castle--
To during the motorcycle chase, just hours or a day at most later:
showimage.php

showimage.php

TennesseBuck

I also wondered just how many extra fedoras and bullwhips did Indy have in his home. He loses his whip at the beginning of Raiders and his hat at the end of Raiders. He loses his shoulder canvas bag at the end of Temple of Doom (though it reappears in the master shot of Indy, Willie and Shorty arriving at the village)...so just how many extra guns, shoulder bags, fedoras and bullwhips does he have?

Henry W Jones

1st off. The fly: Someone said the fly in Raiders is only on the VHS. Incorrect. It is on my DVD copy. Also I'm gonna zoom in on it later because I always thought the fly landed on the lens and flew off when it was over his mouth (on the lens). Not on his face then into his mouth. And while I agree Paul Freeman is a great actor, to have a fly go into your mouth in the middle of a word and not flinch at all. I don't know about that.

2nd : as far as inconsistency. Raiders truck scene wheh they go through the scaffolding the rack above the truck cab rips part way off and is fixed in next shot. Also as a side note the tank gun scene in Crusade where Indy is being smashed between the wall and the tank and his bag is holding him always has bothered me how his bag gets loose as well. That's the one filming flaw that bugs me every time I see it.

Stoo

Henry W Jones said:
1st off. The fly: Someone said the fly in Raiders is only on the VHS. Incorrect. It is on my DVD copy. Also I'm gonna zoom in on it later because I always thought the fly landed on the lens and flew off when it was over his mouth (on the lens). Not on his face then into his mouth. And while I agree Paul Freeman is a great actor, to have a fly go into your mouth in the middle of a word and not flinch at all. I don't know about that.
Henry W, before I joined The Raven, I was never sure if the fly went in Paul Freeman's mouth or not but as it turns out, it flew away and can be seen a few seconds later. Check out this thread: Belloq Swallow a Bug.

Who in the world said the fly was only on the VHS? I guess they never saw "Raiders" on the big screen where it's very noticeable.

Henry W Jones

Stoo said:
Henry W, before I joined The Raven, I was never sure if the fly went in Paul Freeman's mouth or not but as it turns out, it flew away and can be seen a few seconds later. Check out this thread: Belloq Swallow a Bug.

Who in the world said the fly was only on the VHS? I guess they never saw "Raiders" on the big screen where it's very noticeable.

Indy4fan said:
Belloq swallowing the fly...(VHS version)

These two are back to back:
Forbidden Eye said:
Mine's gotta be the snake's reflection on the Raiders VHS.
Belloq eating a fly is a close 2nd.

oki9Sedo said:
Well, that wasn't a continuity error. He ate the fly.

Granted these are old post but I thought they needed comment.;)

Daley

The band vanishing in an instant in the club as Indy throws the cymbal at Lao's henchman...

And Willie's disappearing jewelry during the sacrifice scene: As she's brought out and put into the cage she's laden with jewels and has on two silver wrist cuffs, then a second later they've ALL been removed! There's a brief explanation in James Kahn's novelization, with a feisty exchange between Willie and the acolytes as they remove her jewels... I think she even calls them cheapskates!! ..I feel like this may have actually been filmed, since this is a pretty glaring continuity error for the filmmakers to make on set.

B_Andino

Indy"Ale" Jones said:
Theres a lot them out there. Spiders appearing and disappearing on the back of Indy. The hole in his bag disappearing after being burnt through by the stones and how did he fix the strap and put it back on after the struggle with Mola Ram? Whats your favorite?
I use to think about that as a kid but I just came to the conclusion that the stones were so magical that they were able to burn their way out without damaging the bag. A bit of a stretch for my idea but then again so is half the stuff in TOD.

Phlip

I hate continuity errors; I dunno why anyone would ever like then, especially the tank turret one with Indy's strap.

However, I do love the one where, when the two Shankra stones drop into the river and Mola Ram and Indy are both clutching the bag, as the third one falls, Mola Ram suddenly has his hand beneath the bag, in position to catch it. I only like this one because it makes that moment of desperation seem even faster. :)

TennesseBuck

The fact that Jones can speak Quechua fluently, as he makes his Young Indy reference to Pancho Villa. However, he has trouble saying the word "adios" in Raiders. (y)

Duaner

Someone already briefly mentioned this one, but I always wondered how Willie is barefoot when they first escape the temple, but when they are hanging onto the bridge, she has shoes on. Where was she keeping them? Did she have large pockets in that outfit she was wearing?

Duaner

TennesseBuck said:
The fact that Jones can speak Quechua fluently, as he makes his Young Indy reference to Pancho Villa. However, he has trouble saying the word "adios" in Raiders. (y)

Also considering he was not with Pancho Villa that long and really only associated with a Belgian and a Mexican who spoke English.