Indiana Jones Project

danr7

The Indiana Jones films are great, but the Indiana Jones character has intrigued me much more over the years. A world-adventurer, professor, and archaeologist, Indy knows a great deal about almost everything. I believe that the powerful underlying message that makes Indy so magnetic is his fascination with mystery and the need to explore the world around us.

The ?Indiana Jones Project? is dedicated to real life adventure and learning. The global media has tried to trick us into believing that there are no mysteries left in the world -- that the globe has shrunk so much that everything that can be done, has been done. I don't believe this myth.

I've started to compile some links and tools to help other people who share my fascination with the world.

Please come take a look:

http://www.cvisual.com/adventure/default.asp

roundshort

This probably is aimed more at the less travel Americans but . . .
Adventure will never fall in your lap, it is something you must seek out. Almost by defination adventure has to be dangerous. Skiing backcountry pow-pow, ice-climbing frozen waterfalls, using your land-nav skills to go on mutilday backpacking trips on desert mesas and checking out undiscoverd cliff dwellings. But on of the coolest adventures is to navigate form London to South Africa (overland when possible) without the aid of a passport or other documentation. There are adventures left, and trust me you will not be able to do any of them in front of yoru computer.

Go climb a mountain and ski down it!

Canyon

Danyr7, welcome! :D

What a great first post! ;) I've looked at your website and think it's great. It's always great to hear positive comments about my favourite hero and role model. :whip:

One thing though. Would you consider adding http://www.theindyexperience.com/ to your list of Indy film sites? I'm sure Aaron (the webmaster) would be extremely grateful and so would I, as I am a writer with them. :)

danr7

More content

I?ve added some new information about hiking boots, travel survival tips, roping, and compass use. Next week, if I have time to finish it up, I?ll post an article with tips on putting together a travel notebook. Please stop by!

http://www.cvisual.com/adventure

RoundShot, your advice is great, but you must not have looked at the site! It has information on water-proof notepads, land and sea survival, rock climbing, language learning, etc. Not exactly things that are useful in front of your computer. The site is about real world adventure, which is kinda the point ;-).

Canyon, I added your link. That?s a great site! Thanks for your compliment.

Webley

All You Have To Do Is Be In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time

roundshort said:
Adventure will never fall in your lap, it is something you must seek out.
Man you are so wrong, I kid you not if I had a nickel for every time "adventure fell in my lap" I would have like 20 or 30 cents :whip:

Last edited: