12" Sideshow "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Indy figure (standard) - shipping update?

Billy Ray

New pic:

DSC01928.jpg

singsingjohnny

Man, I've wanted a 12" Indy since I look track of my Kenner one as a kid...there was NO WAY I could afford the Toys McCoy one at the time...so this figure has been a long time coming for me! :gun:

Billy Ray

Going by the pre-order date, it has been a long time coming for everyone;)

But I hear ya! I never had the 12" Kenner Indy but, even for it's time, it wasn't that great. Maybe with a better hat, but it was basically just a rehashed Han Solo. It's still a great piece for nostalgia's sake and I have had my eye on one. Toys McCoy is awesome, but too rich for my blood.

I've been ithcing for a great 12" Indy forever! Heck, that's what sttarted me down the 1/6th custoomizing path. I have a fairly decent custom Indy and also the Medicom Indy and, even though I love both of them in their own right, Sideshow's is the one I have been looking forward to the most. I simply cannot wait to get this one!

phantom train

Billy Ray said:
Going by the pre-order date, it has been a long time coming for everyone;)

But I hear ya! I never had the 12" Kenner Indy but, even for it's time, it wasn't that great. Maybe with a better hat, but it was basically just a rehashed Han Solo. It's still a great piece for nostalgia's sake and I have had my eye on one. Toys McCoy is awesome, but too rich for my blood.

I've been itching for a great 12" Indy forever! Heck, that's what started me down the 1/6th customizing path. I have a fairly decent custom Indy and also the Medicom Indy and, even though I love both of them in their own right, Sideshow's is the one I have been looking forward to the most. I simply cannot wait to get this one!

I agree wholeheartedly. I never had the 12" Kenner version either, but, as you said, it was just a rehashed 12" Han Solo, which obviously had the wrong hair-cut for IJ.

The "Toys Mccoy" 12" version of IJ is the only one that comes close to this Sideshow IJ version, and I actually think the SS version is probably superior (though I will reserve judgement on this until I actually see it).
Plus, it obviously helps that the SS version is about $200 less than the Toys McCoy version was when it came out in 1999/2000 (I don't know how much the Toys MCoy version goes for now, but it's probably quite a bit).

deckard24

singsingjohnny said:
Man, I've wanted a 12" Indy since I look track of my Kenner one as a kid...there was NO WAY I could afford the Toys McCoy one at the time...so this figure has been a long time coming for me! :gun:
You and me both! I actually got the Kenner 12" Indy as a hand me down from a neighbor when I was a kid. It was missing the hat and accessories, but it still was cool. Unfortunately I don't know what happened to it, but for some reason I still have the jacket?:confused:

It's because of stuff like this as a kid, that all these new toys and collectibles are that much more bittersweet! I can remember when I was younger wanting the 3 3/4" Indy from the Kenner line so bad, that I had to resort to using a Bespin Han Solo figure with a superglued hat! It's just too bad that the Hasbro line hit a dead end, hopefully the same won't happen to the Sideshow line!

Billy Ray

Did some seaching on eBay and it looks like Indy is already being pieced out... check these out...

Revolver...

IMG_5468.jpg

With opening chamber and working hammer!

IMG_5469.jpg

The coiled whip...

IMG_5464.jpg

Poseable whip...

IMG_5466.jpg

Satchel...

indybag1.jpg

Holster and automatic pistol...

IMG_5470.jpg

And here is the Fertility Idol, up close, in all it's shiny glory:

IMG_5458.jpg

They also have the Medicom figure pieced out if anyone is looking for the relics loose!

RaidersoftheArk

I think this one looks better than the Mc Coy version.The Mccoy version is to big,and the poses aren't that great. Maybe only the clothing quality,,is better than both the SS and MC

inky_skin

For those of us in the UK waiting for this superb item...

"Thank you for your email. We will be sending out a processing email notification shortly regarding this item. We will be processing this item next week. You should receive an email notification within the next 48 hours.
Once your order has been processed successfully we will then transfer your item from our US warehouse to our EU warehouse. The transfer usually takes about 12 business days to arrive into the EU warehouse and then usually ships within 3 to 5 days. Your item is estimated to ship out from our EU warehouse mid-December. "
(Sideshow Customer Service, Europe)

sebillba

Hmmm, mid-December seems a long way off. :( But at least those ordering direct from Sideshow should get theirs in time for Christmas. Unfortunately I dithered too long, and had to order from play.com, and then later from Forbidden Planet when they sent me a 20% off voucher, so god knows when either of these will come through.

Billy Ray

Just received my Processing Alert from Sideshow!!!!:D

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for the Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark 12-inch Figure ? Sideshow Exclusive collectible (item #39051) on November 17th. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

deckard24

Billy Ray said:
Some new in hand images:

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

DSC01938.jpg
Trevor wherever you are...Awesome work on Ford's likeness!!:hat: I can't wait until it arrives, my computer desk has a shelf with Indy's name written all over it!