They Got Him!

Nurhachi1991

I thought it would of been cool to stuff him and charge 20.00 for a photo with him! Im tired of hippys playing the poor Bin Laden card.... He was a terrorist and he got what was coming to him end of story.

IAdventurer01

kongisking said:
I was really hoping that we might take him alive, and possibly come to some truce.

Yeah, a truce simply wouldn't happen. Ever. At best it would happen in spoken word, but that would mean basically nothing.

Also, I've been hearing a lot about how it would have been much better to take him alive. While I normally am in that camp, I actually think it's much better that he went down in the line of fire. You have to consider just how much this man is hated by most (and loved by a very select few). The logistics of keeping him secure and alive would be a complete nightmare and frankly would potentially just serve to really bring out the worst in people.

Actually, it's most likely best for Bin Laden himself that he went down quick. Given the hatred, a quick death is probably the most merciful thing that he could have hoped for.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IAdventurer01 said:
Yeah, a truce simply wouldn't happen. Ever. At best it would happen in spoken word, but that would mean basically nothing.

Also, I've been hearing a lot about how it would have been much better to take him alive. While I normally am in that camp, I actually think it's much better that he went down in the line of fire. You have to consider just how much this man is hated by most (and loved by a very select few). The logistics of keeping him secure and alive would be a complete nightmare and frankly would potentially just serve to really bring out the worst in people.

Actually, it's most likely best for Bin Laden himself that he went down quick. Given the hatred, a quick death is probably the most merciful thing that he could have hoped for.

This is one of the most practical responses I've heard yet. (Which is a compliment...in this case.)

Goonie

OsamaFacebook.jpg

RedeemedChild

kongisking said:
Sigh. Just like with that Sadaam Hangs thread, people seem way too happy to hear about a person dying. Even one like Bin Laden. I was really hoping that we might take him alive, and possibly come to some truce. So much for a peaceful diplomatic solution. :mad: Though, to be fair, they did attack, so they had it coming...

I agree. I had hoped that Obama Bin Laden would stand trial for his crimes.

As long as we are in this world there will never be such a thing as a 'perfect utopia' because in this world we shall always have some kind of adversity or tribulation. In a way the constant dual between the invisible and visible forces of good and evil are a positive thing as they help to make us stronger if we choose to be guided by God's truth as trials and hardships have the potential to bring out the good in mankind. Of course, it is good to fight for what is right. It is noble to aspire to greatness and to strive to make the world a safer place to live in.

I applaud the fact that the American Military were relentless in their quest to find Osama Bin Laden for it brings closure, comfort and a sense of justice to the hearts of those affected by the attack upon our nation all while sending a strong message to the world that America is a moral force to be reckoned with. On the other hand I think that people should't act overjoyed and jubilant about the death of another fellow human-being no matter how evil or cruel they might have been. Life itself is sacred and when a life leaves existence it is as if yet another hole has been torn within the fabric of the universe and in my humble opinion this is a very solemn event and instead of getting drunk at a bar or dancing in the street we should stop and take a long pause and quietly consider the balance between righteousness and wickedness, between good and evil. I'm quite sure that this is not the end of the struggle between the twisted minds of radical Islam and the peoples of the free world but it is indeed a giant, yet small step in making our world a better and more peaceful, just and equitable global society.

I think that there should be expressions of gratitude and joy at the eradication of a tyrannical criminal but we should remember to be humble and respectful all while praying that a more greater and darker threat does not emerge from the shadows of the criminal global underworld. Oh, and I've got to say that anyone who hides behind the back of a woman is an absolutely genuine bully and extremely foolish goon. Hiding behind a woman or a child and using them as a human shield is just PLAIN wrong in my opinion and it disgust me to no end.

Mickiana

Read 'Blood Meridian' by Cormac Mccarthy and especially read closely the talks that the Judge gives. The Judge is a character who encompasses all knowledge and is a vast proponent of war and through his intricate arguments demonstrates his philosophy of life as based on war. As the end of that book indicates, the Judge is alive and well today.

And here's a little gem by Noam Chomsky: "If you want to stop terrorism, stop participating in it."

WillKill4Food

RedeemedChild said:
I agree. I had hoped that Obama Bin Laden would stand trial for his crimes.
I think they were attempting to capture him alive; the resulting firefight robbed them of that chance.

ABC is giving the Navy Seals a reality show this fall: Extreme Home Takeover.

Now off to enjoy a new martini: The Bin Laden.

Two shots and a splash.

RedeemedChild

The Drifter said:
To be honest, I'm glad they got him. But, the backlash is what worries me.

Yes, the backlash has me extremely worried.

You can rest assured that at a moments notice we're going to be under siege from the hordes of radical Islamist. The worst is yet to come and I pray that God will have mercy upon us.