Teotihucan, Mexico

TheFedora

I visited Teotihuacan a few years ago during a family trip to Mexico. It was absolutely incredible. Really solidified my desire to someday place my area of emphasis for my Archaeology career in Mesoamerica.

Dr.Sartorius

Thanks! I was going to wear my Indy gear but I didn't want to look like a huge geek. I did wear my Skyfall jacket though!

dr.jones1986

Awesome pictures, I was just in Mexico in February and I visited the Maya site of Chichen Itza. So many amazing places to visit in Mexico.

Chiliana Jones

Awesome!

And that Skyfall jacket of yours looks neat as well.:)

Hope you had in mind that Indy went to Teotihuacan in "Indiana Jones and the Infernal machine" ;)

regards

CJ

Dr.Sartorius

Chiliana Jones said:
Awesome!

And that Skyfall jacket of yours looks neat as well.:)

Hope you had in mind that Indy went to Teotihuacan in "Indiana Jones and the Infernal machine" ;)

regards

CJ

Thanks! I did. Didn't look as pixely in person lol.

DaFedora

Dr.Sartorius said:
Thank, guys. I want to go to Chichen Itza as well as Tikal. :gun:

As do I! I visited a Mexican friend of mine also Summer 2016 in fact, he took me to Teotihuacan, various places around CDMX, and also did a tour to Cuernavaca and the amazing 'city of silvermines' Taxco de Alarcón. The Santa Prisca church in the center of mountain city Taxco is a must-see, if only for the 9 floor-to-ceiling extremely detailed altarpieces in gold. "Fortune and glory" alright (y).

Chichén Itzà is a big one to do still, but I really have my eye on Palenque.

P.S. Did you see some of the archaeological work being done near the Temple of the Plumed Serpent at Teotihuacan? They were excavating a tunnel that runs underground from the open square in front, but they said it's not clear to what other locations on the site it connected to...

UPDATE: Okay so the Mexican archaeological surveyors have also found a previously unknown series of tunnels near the Temple of the Moon earlier this Summer > http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/tunnel-pyramid-teotihuacan-Mexico-archaeology-spd/

Will be interesting to follow up the findings!
Mexico will definitely be a spot I'll travel to soon again.