Why does it have to be biblical?

qwerty

I noteced that most of you love ROTLA and LC but not the ToD. Do you have the opinion that Indiana Jones movie has to be about some biblical thing in order to make the story big enough?
I mean there is a lot of stories that can be told in the style of Indiana Jones. Why does it have to be connected with bible?:confused:

Finn

Staff member
Biblical? Even though we may favor the 1st & 3rd installment of the series, at least to me it has never had anything to do with the Biblical element - but the candy colors and the annoying blonde.

roundshort

Whoa, there do some research, there are plenty of us who like ToD the best or at least more so than LC, which is my personal least favorite. Raiders, sets the standard, but ToD is great!

Johan

I think the Biblical element appeals to a larger crowd, and because of its history and the implications of its truth it makes it more facinating, all three are excellent but I think these are the reasons why 1 and 3 were the haled the best ones.

qwerty

I was under impresion that you guys do not like ToD that much.
I have to say that it would be pity to dismiss it that easily. ToD shows some parts of Indy's persona that is hard to spot in other movies.
I do not know would I say that it is my favorite Indy movie but that is only becouse I like the world in wich Indy exists more than any one of these three movies.

roundshort

I agree, I like ToD, because I feel it hows the most character devlopment in all of the Indy movies, I am not a fan of anyting from the bible, but since it is relavent ot all christians, it makes sense that it would have the most draw. If you research the numerous posts in the Raven, you find a bunch of suggestions by Indy fans as to what the "thing" Indy will search for, some are biblical, but many are not.

IndyBuff

Actually, Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy movie (although I love Last Crusade and Raiders too). I don't think the artifact as to be biblical, but so many of the stories have revolved around those items that it just seems natural (Ark of the Covenant, Noah's Ark, the Staff of Aaron, etc.)

Many of the books and comics revolve around biblical people and artifacts, as well as the films (although let's not forget that there's no mention in the Bible of a the Holy Grail) and it just seems fitting for Indy to seek these objects. Still, there are plenty of other things to find.:whip: